What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Biggie was over rated
Pac was on bullshit when he got with deathrow
Nas first album is "aaaight" at best and not a classic
Drake shit is hot garbage
Jay-z IS NOT the greatest or even close to it.
Kanye ain't been the same since ma dukes passed.
Rakim looks like an old wino and sounds corny using slang when he speaks
50-cent is a bigger and better troll than anything he raps about.
NWA introduce a whole coast of fuckery that they take no responsibility for
Dre is not a genuis but just a dude who is not efficient but because of his hits, his flaws & limitations are always on display
Enimen is nice but if he was not white, his shit would be trash. He gets a passed because he's a whiteboy with a half ass flow
Marley Marl is/was a better producer than DJ Premier.
Lil Kim, Foxxy Brown, Queen Latifah, Remy Ma, Salt&Pepa and the likes at best are ok but none of them spit any real fire album after album. Sex sells.
Lyrically can't nobody fuck with KRS-One but his ego hurts his career far more than he's willing to make it. KRSOne is NOT HIPHOP
LL Cool J needs to stop fucking around and get back into the studio with Marley Marl & Rick Rubin.
Andre 3k is a weirdo ass rapper and his rhymes often sound like "boo-boo".
Lil Wayne is burnt out and a lean head and makes no damn sense when he opens his mouth but occassionally can come up with a verse.
Kendrick Lamar, The Game, Nicki Minaj, Fat Joe, Papoose, DJ Khaled are more famous than what their talent shows.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Biggie was over rated
Pac was on bullshit when he got with deathrow
Nas first album is "aaaight" at best and not a classic
Jay-z IS NOT the greatest or even close to it.
50-cent is a bigger and better troll than anything he raps about.
NWA introduce a whole coast of fuckery that they take no responsibility for
Dre is not a genuis but just a dude who is not efficient but because of his hits, his flaws & limitations are always on display
Enimen is nice but if he was not white, his shit would be trash. He gets a passed because he's a whiteboy with a half ass flow
Marley Marl is/was a better producer than DJ Premier.
Lil Kim, Foxxy Brown, Queen Latifah, Remy Ma, Salt&Pepa and the likes at best are ok but none of them spit any real fire album after album. Sex sells.
Lyrically can't nobody fuck with KRS-One but his ego hurts his career far more than he's willing to make it. KRSOne is NOT HIPHOP
LL Cool J needs to stop fucking around and get back into the studio with Marley Marl & Rick Rubin.
Andre 3k is a weirdo ass rapper and his rhymes often sound like "boo-boo".
Lil Wayne is burnt out and a lean head and makes no damn sense when he opens his mouth but occassionally can come up with a verse.
Kendrick Lamar, The Game, Nicki Minaj, Fat Joe, Papoose, DJ Khaled are more famous than what their talent shows.

Not reading the rest after your first opinion is just dumb. Jesus Christ. Your third one is even worse. Dissing Rakim. I'm putting you on ignore.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Tupac was a complete mystery

I don't think ANYONE fully grasped the complexities of that man

Still doesn't make him the best rapper

But probably the most fascinating

He was a mystery to those easily fooled by his charade. He was an actor. He's been on stage since he was 9 years old. Kind explains why a "rapper" would have so many actor friends.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yes CL was a lot Smoother, (pun intended), on the mic but Guru's body of work is much deeper. Neither one of them had much success outside of Preemo & Pete Rock. I never listened to Guru's Jazzmatazz album's.
Check out his Best of Jazzmatazz on youtube music. You won't regret it, especially the joint with Chaka Khan

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'll check it out. This new rap is shit besides Griselda. When I listen to Benny, I wanna cop a brick and become Pablo.

I completely understand

Sidebar...

I am legit shocked Benny sounds the best on "non Griselda beats" out the entire camp.

And he sound incredible

Big Dog and Bron are both outstanding and great examples of his ability to be expand his audience

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Biggie was over rated
I agree! Especially the one about Rakim. :lol:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. Supersonic was a dope song, but I'm still trying to decipher the meaning.
2. Main Source: if you're walking through the front door, but why not the back door or the side door?
3. Too Short is actually short, however Big Sean is not big.....I don't like the fake attributes to rappers. If you're naming yourself Killa Mike then let's see some bodies.
4. I'm glad North West Airlines no longer exists, because there can only be one NWA.......
5. "Young MC" had one of the worst rapper names so generic, back then ...everyone was a Young MC.
6. Eminem is from Warren Michigan not Detroit.
7. MC Hammer was called a 'Sell-Out' and now everyone wants to 'Sell-Out,' Hammer was a pioneer.
8. We did not ask for a Queen Latifah nude scene, I'd rather see a Monie Love nude scene: I'd like to see her middle, in the middle....Monie and her middle.
9. If NWA were the Jackson Five then DJ Yella would Tito and MC Ren would be Jermaine Jackson. [Ice Cube\Dr. Dre = Co-Michael Jacksons]
10. "Yo, MTV Raps" was a bad name for a show. & "Rap City" sounded too provincial, Hip Hop is global.

Last edited:

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
2. Main Source: if you're walking through the front door, but why not the back door or the side door?
3. Too Short is actually short, however Big Sean is not big.....I don't like the fake attributes to rappers. If you're naming yourself Killa Mike then let's see some bodies.
4. I'm glad North West Airlines no longer exists, because there can only be one NWA.......
5. "Young MC" had one of the worst rapper names so generic, back then ...everyone was a Young MC.
7. MC Hammer was called a 'Sell-Out' and now everyone wants to 'Sell-Out,' Hammer was a pioneer.
8. We did not ask for a Queen Latifah nude scene, I'd rather see a Monie Love nude scene: I'd like to see her middle, in the middle....Monie and her middle.
9. If NWA were the Jackson Five then DJ Yella would Tito and MC Ren would be Jermaine Jackson. [Ice Cube\Dr. Dre = Co-Michael Jacksons]
10. "Yo, MTV Raps" was a bad name for a show. & "Rap City" sounded too provincial, Hip Hop is global.
haha.. i agree with most of the shit there but i'm never gonna turn away from queen latifah titties.. fuck that. they are titties of the queen, i'll allow it.
ps. In the class of 88 podcast on the epidsode with JJFad, they explained it. They didn't right the song, they just rapped it as directed. The producer of the song, wrote it to be catchy and radio friendly, so it could get on the radio and generate $$$ to fund NWA album.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

100% agree with you about Hammer. The hate he got from his peers made no sense to me as a kid.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
haha.. i agree with most of the shit there but i'm never gonna turn away from queen latifah titties.. fuck that. they are titties of the queen, i'll allow it.
ps. In the class of 88 podcast on the epidsode with JJFad, they explained it. They didn't right the song, they just rapped it as directed. The producer of the song, wrote it to be catchy and radio friendly, so it could get on the radio and generate $$$ to fund NWA album.
ok, bruh.......

:dunno: Supersonic
Them big everlasting ears
Supersonic
They can hear what I say faster than I can say it
Supersonic
They better chill (rock box)
It's like, it's like
She's Supersonic
You ran out of words
Hit it, Baby-D
I'm light-skinned, devastatin', I know one thing, he is heavy
That's right, 'cause doll, I'll take
I'll take your man and you made him
Always rappin', always clappin', everybody always say I'm happy
If you try to hang with me you should finally truly see:dunno:

&

Hard pass on the Latifah tittays..., I was never attracted to her; Monie was more my speed.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Very very funny

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Seriously

If you could put this in a rhyme?

Over a tight fun beat?

Like Jadakiss Why?

But instead a comedic take on hip hop questions

Add Foxy math on that firm record, tell lil Kim Honda doesn't make ninjas etc

You'd have a classic.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seriously

If you could put this in a rhyme?

Over a tight fun beat?

Like Jadakiss Why?

But instead a comedic take on hip hop questions

Add Foxy math on that firm record, tell lil Kim Honda doesn't make ninjas etc

You'd have a classic.
Lol...yeah, it could be like a rap wrap-up like Uncle Murda does every year.

Side note: We have to get a Uncle Murda, Killa Mike, and Killa Cam TOUR....lol. That sounds like the real Death Row

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lol...yeah, it could be like a rap wrap-up like Uncle Murda does every year.

Side note: We have to get a Uncle Murda, Killa Mike, and Killa Cam TOUR....lol. That sounds like the real Death Row

Bro you do a tik tok version with just that list?

You'd get traction

Mention how drake and Yasiin both were on sitcoms, little brother fans, and got with questionable women.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro you do a tik tok version with just that list?

You'd get traction

Mention how drake and Yasiin both were on sitcoms, little brother fans, and got with questionable women.
Man, Drake has fans similar to the Bronsexuals and the Beyhive, I'd be hounded until the end of time....lol, & furthermore with Drake, I would be banned from every mall in America and even Canada.