What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Iwhen you da0y style wre you style do you mean dress or flow because if youre taling sbout flow id day thats s rsach.
His aesthetics changed from Southern Playerlistic to ATaliens. The first album he was a pimp from Decatur, The second he was on some Little Five Points out of Space type shit. That was Big Gips whole style, particularly with the dress and subject matter. Truth be told, Outkast was just a better funded version of Parental Advisory.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I agree with Dres that the African American sense of cool, style, slang and swag were and are a driving force in the creativity of rap music and hip hop culture. And its a sensitive subject because Black American contributions to American culture has been ignored and downplayed from the beginning of the country and American society.

Something that gets NO consideration at all is that those enslaved Africans brought here were from different countries with their respective cultures, religions, language etc. And MUCH of that was suppressed and in many cases beaten out them once they arrived in the new world.

So of all of the immigrants to come America. Black Americans have the least knowledge of their origins and cultures etc. Unlike Puerto Ricans and Jamaicans who have retained much of their original culture. Its where you get New Yoricans and Spanglish as well as Jamaicans bringing their flavor and style which is very distinctive to them as it should be. African Americans style has been coopted so often and so readily that it gets homogenized to the point where Blacks contribution or even creation of a thing gets pushed into the background and forgotten on purpose.

Add on top of that a complete disregard for Blacks contributions to America society for MUCH of American history and you're gonna find a people who are particularly sensitive to something like where did Rap/Hip-Hop come from.

Last edited:

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I once heard Kendrick Lemar had an issue with a white fan using the 'N' word at a concert
I don't what is their obsession with them wanting to saying it(I suspect why some want to though :hmm: :hmm: ).

BUT - it was rappers that opened that door for the widespread usage of that word.

There I said it.

C. Deloris Tucker, Rev. Calvin Butts - all the hip-hop detracters from the 1990's - are we seeing everything they said come to pass?:puzzled:

What say you?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I once heard Kendrick Lemar had an issue with a white fan using the 'N' word at a concert
I don't what is their obsession with them wanting to saying it(I suspect why some want to though :hmm: :hmm: ).

BUT - it was rappers that opened that door for the widespread usage of that word.

There I said it.

C. Deloris Tucker, Rev. Calvin Butts - all the hip-hop detracters from the 1990's - are we seeing everything they said come to pass?:puzzled:

What say you?

Your right.

I don't believe that Kendrick story because he just had a stadium filled with white folks chanting the n word on Amazon prime in front of hundreds of thousand and helping reintroduce the crip walk as a "cool family dance" to those same white folk.

Saving the culture right?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

wow...thats funny, scary and kinda fucked up...this would have definitely been an underground record if it came out back then.

Last edited:

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
His aesthetics changed from Southern Playerlistic to ATaliens. The first album he was a pimp from Decatur, The second he was on some Little Five Points out of Space type shit. That was Big Gips whole style, particularly with the dress and subject matter. Truth be told, Outkast was just a better funded version of Parental Advisory.
Nah gipp style is sort of abstract but its nothing like dre. Dre changed his style up because Erykah turned him out