Whovians!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Nah, zero reason to watch the jodie doctor imo Chris chibnal is a hack, just start with the new series.

I partially agree. I quite like Jodi as an actress but Chibnal gave her zero to work with. I knew as soon as I saw how they dressed her his tenure was going to be shit.
And the one aspect that could have kept it interesting - Yaz & The Doctor - they didn't go to until they were desperate.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, zero reason to watch the jodie doctor imo Chris chibnal is a hack, just start with the new series.
I'm kinda remiss to tell someone to skip an entire run of a series, if only because they may have different tastes or opinions on certain things. But that said, as much as I like Jodie and even her incarnation of the Doctor, there are very few high points to reference back to.

I have a friend who loved it because they lived and died by Yaz and the Doctor, but honestly, I found Yaz annoying. She was basically all of the stubbornness of Clara with none of the consequences.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m years behind on this show too. I think the last season I watched was Jodie Foster and she was the escaping the prison and with the humans at the end of time (shit, I can barely remember. I felt like it was confusing at times BUT I liked a bunch of things they did…loved the James Bond like episode, also really liked the guy that played The Master). Now I need to catch up but also read what happened to the companions.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
They ripping into that special..

Nerdrotic only has a job to stoke internet angry nerds feelings, not only is he a rage bait artist, he's also a racist piece of shit. That guy's opinion means nothing.

Anyone surprised to see lgbtq themes on a Russell t Davies run isn't a fan of the original run, they literally had lesbian alien couples, Captain Jack fucking anything with a pulse ECT. This isn't new, only the rage is. White people are pathetic.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They ripping into that special..

There's the one line that I thought was just a bit condescending and disingenuous for being directed at the Doctor, but besides that, I didn't see anything particularly heavy-handed or self-righteous about any of the special. Heck, half of the stuff that people are calling "woke" were things that I basically glossed over because I either missed part of a line or it wasn't even that major to what was going on.
Anyone surprised to see lgbtq themes on a Russell t Davies run isn't a fan of the original run, they literally had lesbian alien couples, Captain Jack fucking anything with a pulse ECT. This isn't new, only the rage is. White people are pathetic.
Basically this. If you were looking to get your buttons pushed, you did. If you were just looking for new Doctor Who and to be entertained by it, that is what you'll end up getting. It was a pretty solid return.

UhHuh01

Star
Registered
The 60th special was ok to me. It wasnt the greatest, but it wasnt the worst. But it was a few lines of dialogue that were for lack o a better word "cringe". I see why some folks were a bit miffed, it wasnt so much what was said, but who it was said to. Dont use the Doctor for that considering the doctors history. its dumb to aim it at him just to try and speak to the audience . just like in shehulk when jen vented at bruce its like really bitch...you telling that to him of all ppl!. but the resolution to the ep overall was just ...it felt soulless.