Will Smith just slapped the fuck out of Chris Rock (update) Will banned for 10 years from Oscars

Who's more at fault?

• Will - He took it way too far by engaging in public assault.

Votes: 277 75.7%
  • Chris - But only if he was aware of her medical condition.

Votes: 40 10.9%
  • Other (i.e. August Alsina, continued Tupac lust, etc.)

Votes: 49 13.4%

• Total voters

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor

@BigDaddyBuk
:idea:
I want to see Will win, have the career that he worked so hard over so many years to attain. I do have to say that if anyone thought that Chris’ silence meant he let this go, that was just foolish thinking.

Chris bringing this back into the spotlight after a year of people waiting for a response was diabolical brilliance.

That year not only included Will’s being banned from the Oscars and having his personal life put under a microscope but also included Chris Rock having to endure being the subject of a perpetual reel of countless humiliating memes and reenactments of him being slapped.

Chris could have had Will arrested for assault. He could have sued him.

Now a year later, via this comedy routine, Will’s character (and his wife’s) is being destroyed smack dab in the middle of his comeback attempt and efforts to move on.

That has far more severe ramifications than an arrest or a lawsuit. It affects his bottom line going forward and it affects the narrative and associations one makes with Will.

yeah those folks arent Hollywood.

Will Smith is hurt by Emancipation's Golden Globes snub and box office flop

Hollywood aint really fuckin with him like that right now.
My question is who are these “insiders” and “sources” claiming Will is upset? Have there been any actual direct quotes from him?

I‘m starting to question how many of these so-called reactions are truthful and how much is media spin.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I want to see Will win, have the career that he worked so hard over so many years to attain. I do have to say that if anyone thought that Chris’ silence meant he let this go, that was just foolish thinking.

Chris bringing this back into the spotlight after a year of people waiting for a response was diabolical brilliance.

That year not only included Will’s being banned from the Oscars and having his personal life put under a microscope but also included Chris Rock having to endure being the subject of a perpetual reel of countless humiliating memes and reenactments of him being slapped.

Chris could have had Will arrested for assault. He could have sued him.

Now a year later, via this comedy routine, Will’s character (and his wife’s) is being destroyed smack dab in the middle of his comeback attempt and efforts to move on.

That has far more severe ramifications than an arrest or a lawsuit. It affects his bottom line going forward and it affects the narrative and associations one makes with Will.

My question is who are these “insiders” and “sources” claiming Will is upset? Have there been any actual direct quotes from him?

I‘m starting to question how many of these so-called reactions are truthful and how much is media spin.

^^^^

Expert analysis

Your final point cuts in all directions though

Most of this if not all is click bait, bots, fake outrage, hot takes and lies.

Unfortunately like most media now overall.

How do we know what is true on either side?

What if like @REDLINE proposed Chris DID know about Jada illness?

Or he DID hit on her?

What if he had been continually mocking her?

Would that then justify what will did?

Would public sentiment change yet again?

And why is the public vehemently opposed or disinterested in these two powerful black men making peace?

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
^^^^

Expert analysis

Your final point cuts in all directions though

Most of this if not all is click bait, bots, fake outrage, hot takes and lies.

Unfortunately like most media now overall.

How do we know what is true on either side?

What if like @REDLINE proposed Chris DID know about Jada illness?

Or he DID hit on her?

What if he had been continually mocking her?

Would that then justify what will did?

Would public sentiment change yet again?

And why is the public vehemently opposed or disinterested in these two powerful black men making peace?
Good points and questions.

I don’t think anything justifies what Will did, even if it was all those things.

I think of it in the context of Chris lightly roasting the celebs just like we’ve been watching him and other comedians do for years and years on the Oscars because it is tradition.

But I also look at it through a lens of a sense of entitlement on the Smiths part-based on what they have said and done.

Boycotting the Oscars is not in and of itself a bad thing. It was true that in 2016’s nominees there was a lack of diversity. However, the Smiths boycotting in the year that Will had a film out that had Oscar buzz feels like it could have been coming from a selfish place. A place that feels like they feel someone took Will’s spot. Jada first announced boycotting it on the same day that Spike Lee did, Will later signed on.

IMO, there would have been no conflict of interests had the Smiths done so in a year he had no such films. An Oscar nomination or award of that sort isn’t something anyone is entitled to receive. But again that’s just the way I see it.

Then there is the entitlement Jada seems to feel that motivates her to continually publicly disrespect and humiliate her husband.

In that moment a year ago, Will felt entitled to actually walk up and hit dude. As if his joking comment about Jada was more egregious than any other joking comment about anyone else ever before at the Oscars- so much so that we‘re just gonna bypass a verbal rebuke, a word in his ear during break or something of that nature and just walk up and hit the dude and then walk back to the seat and scream profanities at him.

All of this is nasty business. I want them to come to a place of peace and resolution. In my own personal belief system, I believe in letting the Most High handle certain things. Will did something that in that moment felt to him like strength. I saw weakness and fragility. In Chris I saw that in spite of his handling the situation at the time like a pro, he was deeply affected and embarrassed and carried that for a long time. Post-Netflix concert, if Chris says it’s over and he’s said his peace then let it be.

As far as reactions go and what to believe goes, I’m gonna try to go by whatever those celebs actually say vs what gossip rags say unnamed “insiders” say they said.

Last edited:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
What?

Are you Will Smith?

He's a comedian

Comedians joke the fucking audience. Chris Rock did nothing new. His shit was light compared to everything said about them two. He probably thought since he new them it wouldn't be a big deal.

It's like you dudes have no concept of the shit. I just watched Trevor Noah go through the fucking audience for the Grammy's.

Do you hear yourself coping pleas for Chris Rock? "He probably thought" my ass homie. Stop making excuses. In the video, she's obviously wishing him the best and Y'all just ignore facts. If he knew them like that he should have known not to fuck with Will.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
That was my thinking too. In fact it was what I assumed happened when I heard him mention that in the concert.

Don’t know if I’d go that far.

At least not to the point that there are more negative Twitter postings than positive ones.

Feels like Will and Jada are getting far more bad press than Chris.

Do you hear yourself home? "In fact it was what I assumed happened"? I wasn't asking your opinion and I wasn't giving my opinion. They are indeed going hard after Chris Rock. Don't really matter what you think.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Do you hear yourself coping pleas for Chris Rock? "He probably thought" my ass homie. Stop making excuses. In the video, she's obviously wishing him the best and Y'all just ignore facts. If he knew them like that he should have known not to fuck with Will.

That was kind of one of my points too. If you're cool with someone, you aren't going to make fun of something your friend believes is important in public. I didn't even remember the video of Jada wishing him luck. That video wasn't worth Chris finishing a fight nor does it seem like Jada started a fight to begin with. The second time all Jada did was sit there, so what did she start before that joke.

As far as the black women issue, that's a stretch. I may question Chris's seemingly need for approval from whites, but saying he hates black women is a little much.

In general, I expect comedians to rally around Chris. Even if it's third party, they probably have more of a relationship with Chris compared to Will. If they don't have a relationship, he is still a part of their community. Just as important, they all feel under attack due to people attempting to censor them. It's no different than rappers saying rap lyrics shouldn't be used in court. Everyone is going to protect their craft or way of living. That doesn't mean others outside of their community view jokes with the same lens of its just jokes. You can say whatever you want but that doesn't mean people can't have an opinion on what was said or hold you accountable.

Neither party was right and honestly it's only being treated seriously because no one expected Will Smith to behave in that manner.like Marlon Wayans said, Will was considered one of the good blacks by whites and the soft rapper actor by blacks. People have laughed at worse jokes about themselves and people have been smacked for saying less about others. Some people don't mind being roasted and others are ready to fight because you clowned them for their clothes. It was a minor dispute between men. Will didn't spin the block to kill Chris. Chris didn't say some majorly outlandish shit either. Will was being petty and Chris was being disrespectful in Will's eyes.

Also, there was a rumor that Will Smith hit Ethan Hawke behind the scenes of an award show so part of the narrative that Will would not have done that to someone else is kind of bullshit if true.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
That was kind of one of my points too. If you're cool with someone, you aren't going to make fun of something your friend believes is important in public. I didn't even remember the video of Jada wishing him luck. That video wasn't worth Chris finishing a fight nor does it seem like Jada started a fight to begin with. The second time all Jada did was sit there, so what did she start before that joke.

As far as the black women issue, that's a stretch. I may question Chris's seemingly need for approval from whites, but saying he hates black women is a little much.

In general, I expect comedians to rally around Chris. Even if it's third party, they probably have more of a relationship with Chris compared to Will. If they don't have a relationship, he is still a part of their community. Just as important, they all feel under attack due to people attempting to censor them. It's no different than rappers saying rap lyrics shouldn't be used in court. Everyone is going to protect their craft or way of living. That doesn't mean others outside of their community view jokes with the same lens of its just jokes. You can say whatever you want but that doesn't mean people can't have an opinion on what was said or hold you accountable.

Neither party was right and honestly it's only being treated seriously because no one expected Will Smith to behave in that manner.like Marlon Wayans said, Will was considered one of the good blacks by whites and the soft rapper actor by blacks. People have laughed at worse jokes about themselves and people have been smacked for saying less about others. Some people don't mind being roasted and others are ready to fight because you clowned them for their clothes. It was a minor dispute between men. Will didn't spin the block to kill Chris. Chris didn't say some majorly outlandish shit either. Will was being petty and Chris was being disrespectful in Will's eyes.

Also, there was a rumor that Will Smith hit Ethan Hawke behind the scenes of an award show so part of the narrative that Will would not have done that to someone else is kind of bullshit if true.

I respect that. But Chris been going at Jada for years my brother. That whole show, he only attacked black people and black women. He's a white peoples comedian. He let them white comedians say nigga right in front of him and didn't say shit. He fucked with Marlon until he quit stand up. You don't sit in the audience and clown your friend. Marlon was happy Will slapped his ass. What happened was fucked up. I wish it happened behind the scenes. But it's obvious Chris Rock a different kinda brother and Will showed his ass he not about that life. He can joke all he wants but it don't change shit. And if he keep going at Will and run into some of the niggaz Will run with, it will get much worst. He fucking with their money machine.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
It seems shit didn't go the way chris thought it would. I've said it before, I've never found him funny. His entire act is shit white people would say if they could.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I've said this before. They will end up doing a buddy comedy or SB commercial in the next few years. I mean Chris called him right after that Red Table interview and Will didn't answer and never called back so maybe there's some underlying beef, but they had been friends for a while. I recognize both of them are proud men but both of them are older and life is too short. I would be very surprised if Chris speaks on the incident ever again.
Put something on it

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

...dog...wear yo sleeves at?!?!? This shyt ain't even a wife beater!!! What did Jada do? You're defending a PREDATOR!!!! This shyt is like watching the Predator movie and going; "The alien is just vacationing! Why do we have to kill it? Who kills people while they're vacationing?!?!"

This shyt right here is why the right gets shyt done! We too busy believing ALL women and protecting ALL black women.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
...dog...wear yo sleeves at?!?!? This shyt ain't even a wife beater!!! What did Jada do? You're defending a PREDATOR!!!! This shyt is like watching the Predator movie and going; "The alien is just vacationing! Why do we have to kill it? Who kills people while they're vacationing?!?!"

This shyt right here is why the right gets shyt done! We too busy believing ALL women and protecting ALL black women.

The predator thing is kind of a reach. Wasn't August in his 20s at that time?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The predator thing is kind of a reach. Wasn't August in his 20s at that time?

Yep...who was living with the Smiths to get help with an opioid addiction. Let this had happened to Will and one of Willows 40 year old friends. That is predatory behavior. I get this married broad coming after me while I am trying to kick Percocet?! I am not in my right mind.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Will Smith will take A LOT of shyt from White people, but a 2nd rate joke about his wife? I gotta beat the shyt out of this black man and commit a crime.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yep...who was living with the Smiths to get help with an opioid addiction. Let this had happened to Will and one of Willows 40 year old friends. That is predatory behavior. I get this married broad coming after me while I am trying to kick Percocet?! I am not in my right mind.

Come on... we not talking about Rosanna Bars, Oprah or Ellen. I'm 95% sure he would have been fucking her regardless. It's not young Jada, but we are not going to pretend she had fallen off to the point that the only way August would fuck is if he was drugged out or in need of help. He also doesn't seem to be moral oral either.

But to be fair and I genuinely don't know. Has he ever said he was taken advantage of by Jada?

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Do you hear yourself home? "In fact it was what I assumed happened"? I wasn't asking your opinion and I wasn't giving my opinion. They are indeed going hard after Chris Rock. Don't really matter what you think.
Respectfully,

My response about what I assumed happened was me speaking to @Complex not you.

And to be clear. I don't have to ask your permission to give an opinion. And if it doesn't matter to you what I think, then why are you taking the time to respond to what I think?

If you don't want anyone to run the risk of posting an opposing viewpoint to yours, maybe you should stop posting.

I never said they weren't going hard after Chris Rock. I said there were equal if not more folks supporting him.

The difference between you and me is, unlike you, I don't feel the need to spam the thread with dozens of posts to validate a point that anyone could see themselves just by going to Twitter.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Come on... we not talking about Rosanna Bars, Oprah or Ellen. I'm 95% sure he would have been fucking her regardless. It's not young Jada, but we are not going to pretend she had fallen off to the point that the only way August would fuck is if he was drugged out or in need of help. He also doesn't seem to be moral oral either.

But to be fair and I genuinely don't know. Has he ever said he was taken advantage of by Jada?

It's not about the who, it's the why, when and how. She fcuked her SONS friend, while he was trying to get help for an addiction. If you're making excuses for this kind of behavior then I will bid you good day sir.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Respectfully,

My response about what I assumed happened was me speaking to @Complex not you.

And to be clear. I don't have to ask your permission to give an opinion. And if it doesn't matter to you what I think, then why are you taking the time to respond to what I think?

If you don't want anyone to run the risk of posting an opposing viewpoint to yours, maybe you should stop posting.

I never said they weren't going hard after Chris Rock. I said there were equal if not more folks supporting him.

The difference between you and me is, unlike you, I don't feel the need to spam the thread with dozens of posts to validate a point that anyone could see themselves just by going to Twitter.

Weirdo Jaden Smith aka @donwuan is scouring Twitter reposting anything that agrees with him to help him sleep at night