Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 confirmed for Xbox Game Pass on day 1

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Ok as a novice who never owned an xbox or subscription game service

Can you explain all this?

So in addition to the console which has no physical game access, you get games from the online subscriber store?

Is this unlimited access like Netflix but for games?

Can i watch actual netflix, streaming service on this?

So i also get pc games INCLUDED in this deal?

So aside from "better" graphics and a disc drive which appears unnecessary with the monthly service why pay 499?

Can i buy a disc drive for the S later on?
Game Pass rotates games unless it is a first party game. Those drop day one. But games stay on for months. So it's like Netflix for games yes. And it works on PC also. So adding EA means that you can play their catalog available on console and PC as well as play some games early for 10 hours of playtime like Madden or UFC. But don't expect the current sports games available immediately like Microsoft does.
But thats both for either the X or S. Comes down to if you like physical drives and a little extra power. I prefer disc drives and the power so it's X for me but if someone is all digital then S is fine for them.
And yes there are normal apps like Netflix, HBO, Youtube, etc.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Which is the better console for family and kids under 16?
Family I say XBox. Just so many options with gamepass. Seperate profiles with their own saves plus you can bookmark and make folders on the home screen for quick access to games and apps. My son is 6 so he always has a game to play outside of Minecraft on mine. Would miss out on playing Spider-Man though.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Family I say XBox. Just so many options with gamepass. Seperate profiles with their own saves plus you can bookmark and make folders on the home screen for quick access to games and apps. My son is 6 so he always has a game to play outside of Minecraft on mine. Would miss out on playing Spider-Man though.

Hold on hold on based on the tweet xbox x can play ALL the games of the PREVIOUS consoles?!?

Plus all access?

Wtf?! This is a parents dream i would do the installments, get it on amazon with the insurance and that child better not ask for anything else besides contoller headseats etc for the next 2 bday and Christmas

Especially with so many families budgeting more quarantine etc... this is an entertainment hub for streaming family game night affordable in door online fun with friends think like this hbo max is almost 20 a month alone. You could should reduce costs by cutting others off like some subscription service etc to get this. And if you can get discount video games from the 360 etc to build the library in caseyou cut of the service but i bet they will have deals and promo to keep you.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Hold on hold on based on the tweet xbox x can play ALL the games of the PREVIOUS consoles?!?

Plus all access?

Wtf?! This is a parents dream i would do the installments, get it on amazon with the insurance and that child better not ask for anything else besides contoller headseats etc for the next 2 bday and Christmas

Especially with so many families budgeting more quarantine etc... this is an entertainment hub for streaming family game night affordable in door online fun with friends think like this hbo max is almost 20 a month alone. You could should reduce costs by cutting others off like some subscription service etc to get this. And if you can get discount video games from the 360 etc to build the library in caseyou cut of the service but i bet they will have deals and promo to keep you.
As long as they are on the BC list already. Every game doesn't play but a lot do. And anything for Kinect will not work unless they make an adapter which I don't see them doing unfortunately. So I have to keep my XB1 for my wife to use the Zumba game. :lol:

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Plus all access?

Yeah the system has reverse compatibility for Xbox One games. You can also use Xbox one controllers on it as well. To answer your other question about streaming services. The Xbox is an entertainment hub, there’s not much you can’t do on it.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
You also can't forget the fact that a ton of Windows 10 PC apps can be installed on Xbox like discord, reddit, and one drive ...

you also have Kodi and PLex .... It is an amazing plex device.
Didn't know that. Maybe I will make a clean Reddit and Discord profile now.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yeah the system has reverse compatibility for Xbox One games. You can also use Xbox one controllers on it as well. To answer your other question about streaming services. The Xbox is an entertainment hub, there’s not much you can’t do on it.

Yeah I think Xbox is the better over all grown man system ..... You can jump in and out of games and app in an instant..

I could be watching a Netflix movie ... Jump to play a little Yakuza and jump back finish the movie without skipping beat.

You can't do that with Playstation .. Hell I can have two games running and switch between them without any issues.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I think Xbox is the better over all grown man system ..... You can jump in and out of games and app in an instant..

I could be watching a Netflix movie ... Jump to play a little Yakuza and jump back finish the movie without skipping beat.

You can't do that with Playstation .. Hell I can have two games running and switch between them without any issues.
did yall see my vid right above yours? check it out fellas it just got better.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Yeah it's alot of apps ... it's easier to go to the microsoft store click and app and see if it's compatible .. you can then push your app to the xbox..

Also if you download the new xbox app on your pc ... You can play any game on your xbox on your pc through streaming.

That really comes in handy when the girl is watching something on the main tv and you want to play some killer instinct.

That's why I said that any PC is an xbox.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Need a new tv and entertainment system. Always so picky about what I want. Need an ultimate gaming TV.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah it's alot of apps ... it's easier to go to the microsoft store click and app and see if it's compatible .. you can then push your app to the xbox..

Also if you download the new xbox app on your pc ... You can play any game on your xbox on your pc through streaming.

That really comes in handy when the girl is watching something on the main tv and you want to play some killer instinct.

That's why I said that any PC is an xbox.

I'm really torn

thank you ant the man for your help

OK so Uncle Fonz...

what system you think I should get my girls?

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked how he said if you don't have games to play then that's your fault.
yea but xbox has some games coming out but people is all going crazy over the 2 games sony have coming out and 1 is a dlc lol. i love sony i do but come on how can you not say sony lost the launch wars.not talking about the long run which i still think xbox seres x will take it all home just on hardware and software. sonys 9.6 tf wont last 8 yrs but we will see.i just cant wait till the 22 im getting to gamestop mad early.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

Plus all access?

I had to buy 2 when both of my sons were in the house. Hell I bought a 3rd one just for travel. That way we could bring our entertainment on the road.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I had to buy 2 when both of my sons were in the house. Hell I bought a 3rd one just for travel. That way we could bring our entertainment on the road.

I gotta read through all this again...

its A LOT for a non gamer like myself.

But so far its like you CANNOT go wrong EITHER way

the more affordability option is the S

it smart easy streamlined and not going to be obsolete in 4 years.

But I have to say I was NOT prepared to pay 499 on a GAME CONSOLE

HOWEVER...

when you factor in ALL your getting with the X?

and the reasonable installment payments the All Access pass the better faster machine the backward compatibility the entertainment hub

its f*cking ridiculous

for a family who wants to get IN to gaming?

BOTH entry points are a no brainer.

the ONLY reason I am even LEANING toward the X is the fact that if I am paying over time ANYWAY I might as well get the BETTER system.

ONLY reason.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

Ahhhhh man I love that damn Yakuza series so much. We might need a discussion thread.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor

HOWEVER...

and the reasonable installment payments the All Access pass the better faster machine the backward compatibility the entertainment hub

its f*cking ridiculous

the ONLY reason I am even LEANING toward the X is the fact that if I am paying over time ANYWAY I might as well get the BETTER system.

ONLY reason.
One piece you are forgetting is the XBox One S. You could start there and hopefully they do a price drop soon. Plus all of your accessories and games move forward with you when its time to upgrade.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

HOWEVER...

its f*cking ridiculous

ONLY reason.
The more I think about it, I might get 2 series S instead of an X and a S, especially if you still have access to everything X has.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The more I think about it, I might get 2 series S instead of an X and a S, especially if you still have access to everything X has.

but isn't the BENEFIT of getting the S and X the All access at a reduced price for 24 months?