‘Power’ Prequel ‘Raising Kanan’ discussion

madgoose

International
International Member
The episode started with a flashback from the Power episodes and it used a clip of Proctor

I was about to come in here and say that after watching it a second time there was no reference to anybody being called or referred to as "Proctor". Thanks for clearing that up.

***EDIT***
We must be watching different programs because i don't see no flashbacks with Proctor. I am seeing opening credits and then "1985"

Last edited:

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude.......the first female ( Mary J) was doing day-to-day for her locked up kingpin husband and there were many females who did just that. The power wasn't theirs but his.

And Kananns mother was splitting 7 blocks. So she was holding down 3 locks cause she had to split.....There have been many women who controlled small sections and their power was in the shooters they employed. In this case her brothers......And she also got that because of her husband who was killed..

So once again this ain't that far-fetched and damn sure ain't uncommon especially back in the day when most drug cases were handled by the state.

How many mobsters and gang leaders kept power while locked up....?
you say what you say i say what i say ok agree to disagree but i know my dope game history like you claim to know yours and youre going extra hard with no facts but its cool ....i know niggas that been in the game since the 70s done hard time and there saying the same thing as me and they should know but i dont argue on here so you got it ill base my info on real people from new york that been doing this since the 70s over a reg person with no facts...good day to you sir..

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically both female drug kingpins got to the point from being partnered with there man, there man was mostly well respected and feared. they were basically given the green light from there man from behind bars or proxied to take over in the event If something happens. Sometime It happens that way In real life as well. Also In the 80's early nineties there was no real clear drug lord(at least In New York) All the 5 boroughs were broken up like a pie chart. there were multiple kingpins back then. This chick was big In Harlem.

ok i got that but listen to what i said..i said it was common for a female to be like them in the show.2 or 3 that you guys are showing me proves what im saying.it wasnt enough to make 2 seasons of the same story line and the same type female doing the exacted same thing.thats all i am saying it wasnt common and it was rare..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Law & Order: SVU Actor Isaiah Stokes Charged With Second-Degree Murder After NYC Shooting

c29eff6f7cf8eac5d0b5ffd31786fb09d7-GettyImages-1169256176.rsquare.w330.jpg

By Rebecca Alter@ralter

Photo: Getty Images for STARZ

41-year-old television actor Isaiah Stokes was indicted on Friday on charges of second-degree murder, according to a press release from the office of Queens district attorney Melinda Katz. Over the past 15 years, Stokes has acted on series including Law & Order: SVU, The Americans, Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods, Louie, and most recently, the sixth season of Power on Starz. According to the charges as outlined in the DA’s release, video surveillance from February 7 shows Stokes allegedly firing 11 gunshots into the driver’s side of a parked vehicle in New York City, killing the 37-year-old man inside. The murder took place in broad daylight. In the press release, Katz writes, “Gun violence is all too prevalent in our neighborhoods. We will not allow it to become the norm.” If convicted, Stokes could face 25 years to life in prison.

isaiah-stokes

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Proctor:
noun. a person appointed to keep watch over students at examinations. an official charged with various duties, especially with the maintenance of good order.

When Kanan went to Stuyvesant High school to take the admission exam the person that was monitoring the classroom is known as the Proctor.
Right. Or it could have also been solved by just loking up the guy in the credits on IMDB. They already have Power listed in his filmography and it's definitely not the Proctor we are used to. But I'm also betting it was referred to that way on purpose to get people thinking. Otherwise show credits normally say "The Proctor" instead of just Proctor

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right. Or it could have also been solved by just loking up the guy in the credits on IMDB. They already have Power listed in his filmography and it's definitely not the Proctor we are used to. But I'm also betting it was referred to that way on purpose to get people thinking. Otherwise show credits normally say "The Proctor" instead of just Proctor

You did the exact same thing I did, lol.

Reactions: fu2

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you say what you say i say what i say ok agree to disagree but i know my dope game history like you claim to know yours and youre going extra hard with no facts but its cool ....i know niggas that been in the game since the 70s done hard time and there saying the same thing as me and they should know but i dont argue on here so you got it ill base my info on real people from new york that been doing this since the 70s over a reg person with no facts...good day to you sir..

Sure you do and sure you will.

btw , all time is hard but you wouldn't know that.

madgoose

International
International Member
Proctor:
noun. a person appointed to keep watch over students at examinations. an official charged with various duties, especially with the maintenance of good order.

When Kanan went to Stuyvesant High school to take the admission exam the person that was monitoring the classroom is known as the Proctor.

Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

I am sure everybody can understand my confusion being that there was a prominent character called Proctor in the original Power TV show.

I have never heard "Proctor" being used to name somebody's position in a school, but then I live in the UK. @November 17 I would have been scrutinizing footage for the next 3 weeks trying to clap eyes on Proctor.

I would have probably got around to doing that and would have seen that the guy was not a young Proctor. But I would still have been confused never having heard of a school employee/volunteer being called a Proctor.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

I am sure everybody can understand my confusion being that there was a prominent character called Proctor in the original Power TV show.

I have never heard "Proctor" being used to name somebody's position in a school, but then I live in the UK. @November 17 I would have been scrutinizing footage for the next 3 weeks trying to clap eyes on Proctor.

I would have probably got around to doing that and would have seen that the guy was not a young Proctor. But I would still have been confused never having heard of a school employee/volunteer being called a Proctor.
Trust me, if you hadn't provided the actor's name I might have been looking for the attorney too, lol.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
did boy dirty

He set himself going around bragging about being the one who did it. It was smart of Raq. Not sure why they didn't let Joey Badass crew do it, or at least do it so he wouldn't have seen it coming.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This Power Universe stuff sounds good but unlike movies, tv shows have a higher chance of failing and being canceled, I bring this up because we are only two episodes in but people really want to see how Kanan comes to mentor the young Ghost and Tommy, as well as the introduction of Breeze