‘Power’ Prequel ‘Raising Kanan’ discussion

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This writing really sucks and it totally goes against anything that could have happened in the streets. Dwiz supplied the guns and his brother was well connected. Raq's crew sounds like they not ready for war and they look weak. You really gonna tell me that both Kanan's uncles were gonna sit there and kill a loyal soldier in Dwiz??? Dwiz was ready to scrap at the club and was ready to let it be known he was a known shooter for Raq.s crew. Thats like Avon giving up Weebay GTFOH, no way that shit would have went down in real life. I thought Raq was gonna give up the Puerto Rican kid if the streets wanted blood.

You had to put fear in the streets for the crew to look strong.

You don't kill a shooter who has your son's back no way. That shooting would have had Dwiz and Kanan bonded for life. Plus Kanan really shot dude over the bitch.

Yessir that was a true soldier.
the writing is crap but it gives insight as to why kanan killed jukebox and sean in the original series
no loyalty

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, the Jodeci thing was way outta place. I noticed it as well. But I love seeing Raq fuck so I'll allow it! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

The old Power show from the first couple of seasons, We would have see her fully naked and getting bang out!!..The sex scenes and nudity of power back in the day was on point!!.. :yes:

This power spin offs has changed alot..

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe I'm just a sucker fold old school hip-hop, but the Kanan series ain't bad to me.
It's no Power (when it first started), but more like Power towards the end.
I assume they'll eventually get to the other characters we know (Ghost, Tommy, Angela, etc.) just gotta give it time.
At least they're doing lesbian sex scenes and not a couple of dudes fucking each other like damn near every other show on TV.

speed7

Star
BGOL Investor
I think the storyline is gonna come together quite nicely as the young Ghost Tommy and Tommy come in. 50 put Kanan in at the right time. It would have flatlined in any other place in this series Just my 2 cents. And Mary played her best in any role she ever played…“Herself “

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think the storyline is gonna come together quite nicely as the young Ghost Tommy and Tommy come in. 50 put Kanan in at the right time. It would have flatlined in any other place in this series Just my 2 cents. And Mary played her best in any role she ever played…“Herself “

Ghost and Tommy not coming, I heard.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Might have found a glitch in the matrix 4 niggaz like me without cable and don't wanna pay 4 the app. I did the free week trail a couple weeks ago cause the wife didn't wanna wait 4 our iptv to update with it. And used my PayPal as the payment method. Well same shit today used a different email address same PayPal and was good. Go ride this out thru the season and see :lol:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Curtis doing the voice overs is annoying and unnecessary. He doesn't add anything. It's just him wanting to be all up on his TV shows for another check.

and the kid playing him is some Disney kid and isn't right for the role.

The music aspect of this show is ass

madgoose

International
International Member
You may be Generation X but it don't mean your intelligent, your still a fucking fool.

A millennial is any body born around 190 a -2000 right? I said millennial because that was tje constant buzz wore. Generation z is new to me. O was born in ' 77 so i guess that makes me generation x.

That said.

Just watched episode 5 and the acting and editing were absolutely pony, (Expaination for the Americans, pony as in pony and trap as in cockney rhymiong slang for crap).

Specifically the exchange between Racquel and Kanan regarding the bloody shirt.

But on a different side they played some solid era correct hip-hop/rap in this episode.

@keone what you know about this young un?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Curtis doing the voice overs is annoying and unnecessary. He doesn't add anything. It's just him wanting to be all up on his TV shows for another check.

and the kid playing him is some Disney kid and isn't right for the role.

The music aspect of this show is ass

Damn I didn't know he was a Disney kid.....shit he's doing a good job to me I thought he was some new kid they got.

Its funny though because there's no way he becomes the Kanan we saw in Power which is a good thing. :lol:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
You may be Generation X but it don't mean your intelligent, your still a fucking fool.

That said.

Just watched episode 5 and the acting and editing were absolutely pony, (Expaination for the Americans, pony as in pony and trap as in cockney rhymiong slang for crap).

Specifically the exchange between Racquel and Kanan regarding the bloody shirt.

But on a different side they played some solid era correct hip-hop/rap in this episode.

@keone what you know about this young un?

:yes:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
92863-11.jpg

patina-miller.jpg

images

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
BGOL Investor
Maybe I'm just a sucker fold old school hip-hop, but the Kanan series ain't bad to me.
I assume they'll eventually get to the other characters we know (Ghost, Tommy, Angela, etc.) just gotta give it time.
At least they're doing lesbian sex scenes and not a couple of dudes fucking each other like damn near every other show on TV.

They had to put some gay in it 50 okayed this shit???Them Lil chicks underage “yeck” in my Pusha T voice.

So it finally hit me what’s odd about this. It’s Curtis doing the narrating…..and it’s the kid playing him. The kid playing him is actually a good actor and can act. Kanan was the worst actor on Power.

Next to Zeke the basketball player.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think its better than Power last few seasons.

I don't think they need to go down the route of Ghost and Tommy. There's really no where to go with that story they've already talked about the shit they use to get into.