‘Power’ Prequel ‘Raising Kanan’ discussion

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
He set himself going around bragging about being the one who did it. It was smart of Raq. Not sure why they didn't let Joey Badass crew do it, or at least do it so he wouldn't have seen it coming.
the mother did it more so because unique explained he couldn't controls dudes that wanted a body for the body kanan and his man dropped.kanan mom did that solely to protect kanan and stopping the bounty that was on his head. not knowing she killed the dude that would really ride for him because the pr dude isn't about that life.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
the mother did it more so because unique explained he couldn't controls dudes that wanted a body for the body kanan and his man dropped.kanan mom did that solely to protect kanan and stopping the bounty that was on his head. not knowing she killed the dude that would really ride for him because the pr dude isn't about that life.

What are you talking about? I know why she did it.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
This Power Universe stuff sounds good but unlike movies, tv shows have a higher chance of failing and being canceled, I bring this up because we are only two episodes in but people really want to see how Kanan comes to mentor the young Ghost and Tommy, as well as the introduction of Breeze
Has been renewed already

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has been renewed already

Has it been renewed for another 5 seasons, it still can be canceled.

Season 1 is set in 1991, we're gonna have to get to at least 1995 to see Ghost and Tommy introduced.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

Season 1 is set in 1991, we're gonna have to get to at least 1995 to see Ghost and Tommy introduced.
they can always do a time jump but tommy and ghost will be there

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I agree. Omari must be a good damn actor because I despise drug dealers yet I liked James/Jamie/Ghost. He and Angie were the only characters I liked.
Ghkst was trying to be a legit business man but he was surrounded by people do didn't want rhat for him that's why he was so like able a the became annoying over time.

Darkness's

Registered
I haven't watched power since seadon 4 so I watched season 5 and 6 trailers to catch up and they jumped the fucking shark also fuck Tariq he shoukdve died not his sister.that sbiw went through a Mary go round of character development. They had ghost leave Angie only for him to start lusting after her again. They had ghost rescue Tariq just make Tariq an asshole again. Ghost and kanar are beefing and joining forces then back to beefing. Andre has ghost back throughout mkst of the shiw even though kanan planted him in ghost camp now Andre trying to take every body out.. I'm not even vound to watch book 2.

Darkness's

Registered
Don’t we have stories to tell that don’t have anything to do with destroying the community?

They love showing the glamorous side of drug dealing. The money women and cars but never show the families and communities that are destroyed with the addiction and violence.
Thatts why godfather if Harlem ks so much better because the shiw all aspects of rhat life.

RED

Rising Star
Registered
Don’t we have stories to tell that don’t have anything to do with destroying the community?

They love showing the glamorous side of drug dealing. The money women and cars but never show the families and communities that are destroyed with the addiction and violence.

Thats my problem with all these shows, stay glamorizing drug dealing like its all reward and little risk. I liked the original power because dude saw the game for what it was and was trying to get out and you felt the consequences for being in this life.

Godfather of Harlem and that era showed dealing as an option to make a living when so much was being blocked from black people, so in those days it was a necessity if you wanted to get rich and didnt have talent to sing, or play sports.

This shit and other shows like it make it seem like they can't do anything else to get rich, shit is sad. SOOOO many ways in the 90s and exponentially more now to make WAY more money than you could ever make selling drugs as a corner boy, distro, or even cartel in some instances, and without all the risk.

I watched the first 20 minutes of episode 1. It felt like a get rich or die trying spin off.

Thats exactly what this is and its boring AF...shoulda had the boy narrate the story from his perspective, not mumble mouth 50 who we all know died and how.

Darkness's

Registered
Thats my problem with all these shows, stay glamorizing drug dealing like its all reward and little risk. I liked the original power because dude saw the game for what it was and was trying to get out and you felt the consequences for being in this life.

Godfather of Harlem and that era showed dealing as an option to make a living when so much was being blocked from black people, so in those days it was a necessity if you wanted to get rich and didnt have talent to sing, or play sports.

This shit and other shows like it make it seem like they can't do anything else to get rich, shit is sad. SOOOO many ways in the 90s and exponentially more now to make WAY more money than you could ever make selling drugs as a corner boy, distro, or even cartel in some instances, and without all the risk.

Thats exactly what this is and its boring AF...shoulda had the boy narrate the story from his perspective, not mumble mouth 50 who we all know died and how.
One thing I dont like about these shows is seeing millenials playing 90s era niggas. It's i dont find it believable at all except for some of the wu tang cast like the kid who played odb. He was a good pick for that role gza also was a good pick. The dude who played ghost face. he had the dialogue down pat only he looks to scrawny to be ghost face. Who ever was in charge of casting couldve did a better job than that.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
One thing I dont like about these shows is seeing millenials playing 90s era niggas. It's i dont find it believable at all except for some of the wu tang cast like the kid who played odb. He was a good pick for that role gza also was a good pick. The dude who played ghost face. he had the dialogue down pat only he looks to scrawny to be ghost face. Who ever was in charge of casting couldve did a better job than that.
You do realize millenials are in their 40s now, right?
The oldest millenials were around and remember everything during this time.

Darkness's

Registered
I think he meant Gen Z lol
A millennial is any body born around 190 a -2000 right? I said millennial because that was tje constant buzz wore. Generation z is new to me. O was born in ' 77 so i guess that makes me generation x.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I really could carless about Ghost and Tommy as kids. To be honest, I really could care less about Kanan as a kid too but it works because the story doesn't just focus on him.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
Maybe I'm nitpicking, but according to the first episode this story occurs in 1985, Jukebox sang Two Occasions by The Deele (1987) and they had Raq fuckin' dude to Jodeci (1991) and made it sound like it was coming from a stereo, so it might be best to not get too caught up in exact times and shit.

Kinonomics

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe I'm nitpicking, but according to the first episode this story occurs in 1985, Jukebox sang Two Occasions by The Deele (1987) and they had Raq fuckin' dude to Jodeci (1991) and made it sound like it was coming from a stereo, so it might be best to not get too caught up in exact times and shit.
On the first episode it was 1985 when kanan had a fight at the playground then the story jumps to 1991

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, the Jodeci thing was way outta place. I noticed it as well. But I love seeing Raq fuck so I'll allow it! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
BGOL Investor
This writing really sucks and it totally goes against anything that could have happened in the streets. Dwiz supplied the guns and his brother was well connected. Raq's crew sounds like they not ready for war and they look weak. You really gonna tell me that both Kanan's uncles were gonna sit there and kill a loyal soldier in Dwiz??? Dwiz was ready to scrap at the club and was ready to let it be known he was a known shooter for Raq.s crew. Thats like Avon giving up Weebay GTFOH, no way that shit would have went down in real life. I thought Raq was gonna give up the Puerto Rican kid if the streets wanted blood.

He set himself going around bragging about being the one who did it. It was smart of Raq. Not sure why they didn't let Joey Badass crew do it, or at least do it so he wouldn't have seen it coming.
You had to put fear in the streets for the crew to look strong.
You don't kill a shooter who has your son's back no way. That shooting would have had Dwiz and Kanan bonded for life. Plus Kanan really shot dude over the bitch.
Also he was the one most bout it.
Even when the uncle was fighting he wanted to jump in dirty
Yessir that was a true soldier.

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This writing really sucks and it totally goes against anything that could have happened in the streets. Dwiz supplied the guns and his brother was well connected. Raq's crew sounds like they not ready for war and they look weak. You really gonna tell me that both Kanan's uncles were gonna sit there and kill a loyal soldier in Dwiz??? Dwiz was ready to scrap at the club and was ready to let it be known he was a known shooter for Raq.s crew. Thats like Avon giving up Weebay GTFOH, no way that shit would have went down in real life. I thought Raq was gonna give up the Puerto Rican kid if the streets wanted blood.

You had to put fear in the streets for the crew to look strong.

You don't kill a shooter who has your son's back no way. That shooting would have had Dwiz and Kanan bonded for life. Plus Kanan really shot dude over the bitch.

Yessir that was a true soldier.
that dude would have had kanan's back for life

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
i`m not impressed with this at all ..

she has gotten worse with each ep ...

i had high hopes after ep1 ...:(
Yeah, this shit got real soap opera•ish the last two episodes.
I'll give it two more to keep me watching, but I doubt it'll get better.