**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Beryl (Maxed at 165 mph | Currently Dissipated). Three Landfalls and Multiple Deaths ****

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
This hurricane showed everybody that if we was to get hit by a EMP attack or the sun do something strange we are up a creek without a paddle. I hate to sound like one of those bunker people, but you need to have a just in case package standing by at all times

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The builders planted 2 oak trees in my front yard, they said missouri city code required them to do it. I planned to get them removed this summer before they get too big.

Fucking oaks get too big plus the roots fuck up the plumbing and foundation.

The oaks and pines are the worst to have, them pines will snap like nothing and fall on a hpuse
Mo. City! I swear I saw that pic you posted above and said to myself, "that looks like a house in the Briargate or Quail Valley"...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
For those still without power, this map kind of gives you an assessment of what's powered and what's being assessed to be cut on shortly

easy_b

BGOL Investor
I think what yall experienced in southern Texas was a hurricane that was intensifying as it was making landfall. It was a unique storm that packed a nasty Joe Frazier haymaker in the last round.
I actually think this was a category two hurricane briefly when it hit land. I was looking at more pictures and videos last night and good grief. And then the fucking governor being MIA along with the vice governor really slowed the federal assistance down. And I think they did that on purpose because it’s Houston area.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I actually think this was a category two hurricane briefly when it hit land. I was looking at more pictures and videos last night and good grief. And then the fucking governor being MIA along with the vice governor really slowed the federal assistance down. And I think they did that on purpose because it’s Houston area.
And who lives in Houston?

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Government fails? Go support your local corporation that donates to the government. What a bunch of folks who deserve everything they have coming to them.
A lot of people don’t understand if you won’t change to happen quickly you need to elect a strong Democratic majority for your local levels. Houston is a huge blue dot in eastern Texas, but it’s surrounded by racist assholes outside of Houston. All sometimes you can have a strong Democratic majority in a local area, but the state government is super red they could’ve tried to choke you off of a lot of things in spite.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think what yall experienced in southern Texas was a hurricane that was intensifying as it was making landfall. It was a unique storm that packed a nasty Joe Frazier haymaker in the last round.
They said this storm kept full forced hurricane winds up well north of I-10 after landfall. Matagorda Bay where the cane made landfall is about 125 miles southwest from the inner core of Houston near I-10.

In 2021 hurricane Nicolas hit the same spot as a cat 1 right before landfall and did nowhere close to what Beryl did.

Last edited:

easy_b

BGOL Investor
They said this storm kept full forced hurricane winds up well north of I-10 after landfall. Matagorda Bay where the cane made landfall is about 125 miles from the inner core of Houston near I-10.

In 2021 hurricane Nicolas hit the same spot as a cat 1 right before landfall and did nowhere close to what Beryl did.

This hurricane was briefly a category two right before it hit land. Also the ocean is much more different now than it was in 2021. I know that was only a few years ago, but there has been some fast changes.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A lot of people don’t understand if you won’t change to happen quickly you need to elect a strong Democratic majority for your local levels. Houston is a huge blue dot in eastern Texas, but it’s surrounded by racist assholes outside of Houston. All sometimes you can have a strong Democratic majority in a local area, but the state government is super red they could’ve tried to choke you off of a lot of things in spite.
Houston is filled with Nigerians. Nigeria is a country known for power outages. I’m sure that guy in the wheelchair would say he was trying to help them celebrate Independence Day or make Houston feel like home.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Government fails? Go support your local corporation that donates to the government. What a bunch of folks who deserve everything they have coming to them.
Centerpoint is not the government. It's a private commercial company.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They said this storm kept full forced hurricane winds up well north of I-10 after landfall. Matagorda Bay where the cane made landfall is about 125 miles from the inner core of Houston near I-10.

I have been in regular thunderstorms as they were developing on top of my area. They are usually volatile to start. I can’t imagine what that looks like in a hurricane. Most tropical system weakens as they approach land to due land-friction. However, Beryl seemed like it was going through rapid intensification.

I was surprised to see how impactful it was, especially the wind field.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have been in regular thunderstorms as they were developing on top of my area. They are usually volatile to start. I can’t imagine what that looks like in a hurricane. Most tropical system weakens as they approach land to due land-friction. However, Beryl seemed like it was going through rapid intensification.

I was surprised to see how impactful it was, especially the wind field.

Them hours sitting in the house ain't fun during a full blown cane, the house shakes like its about to break off the foundation and windows and doors feel like they getting beat on.

Hurricane Ike in 2008 was the same way.