2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Man i don’t know. I think he’s got a lot of talent. I also think he wouldn’t have to be running the ball all the time if we didn’t have this pussy ass head coach and OC running things.

but running the ball is the only thing he has proven he can do

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Good forced fumble on that tackle. The defender put his helmet on the football. Tough to blame Fields on that but rest assured, he will be.

You can, because he'a always too loose with the football when he runs

I thought he would have done better cutting it back outside or just get down.....and punt. He doesn't seem to like taking the safe play like just sliding or throwing the ball away.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I thought he would have done better cutting it back outside or just get down.....and punt. He doesn't seem to like taking the safe play like just sliding or throwing the ball away.
Yeah don't he have like over 30 fumbles as a Bear? I know it's a hight number. Some things I just can't defend bruh! Protect the football!

Reactions: cnc

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
but running the ball is the only thing he has proven he can do
Behind this line, which is a victim of the playcalling in many cases, what QB is actually going to be worth anything? I’d rather run it with Fields again and an office of coordinator. That seems to understand the vertical passing game better. You need no better frame of reference than Getsy calling at least five or six wide receiver screens tonight with single blocking? What QB has a chance of any success with play, action or anything else when that’s the call?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
It's going to be the same shit next year if we get another coach and offensive coordinator

Justin's had another new system.....give him time...because he's going to do just enough. Shit we know he can run the ball, but he's a QB. Let's give him another year. Then it's going to be year five saying the same shit.

Trade his ass, and get another first or second

How many good NFL QB's have taken four years to show they're good?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Behind this line, which is a victim of the playcalling in many cases, what QB is actually going to be worth anything? I’d rather run it with Fields again and an office of coordinator. That seems to understand the vertical passing game better. You need no better frame of reference than Getsy calling at least five or six wide receiver screens tonight with single blocking? What QB has a chance of any success with play, action or anything else when that’s the call?

Our line isn't that bad when healthy

You saw that with Bagent

He's gotten time tonight

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The fumbles are frustrating. That's a legit criticism of him. He has to protect the ball better.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Wow you’ve got to step up there and not get backed up like that Justin, that should have been intentional grounding……

but then steps up and delivers the fast ball for a STRIKE!

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Our line isn't that bad when healthy

You saw that with Bagent

He's gotten time tonight
Agree. Much better at run blocking than in the passing game but outside of Patrick, I agree with you.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
I do like not being the worst team in the league

Eberfailure has improved the defense a lot since he started calling plays...but that's what he should be, a defensive coordinator
Never should have been allowed to be anything but. And that’s on Poles. Let’s not let him off the hook on a lot of this clusterfuck.

Still, defense balled and a lot of credit to Moore and Mooney to finding holes to get catches in. Johnson and Herbert, who both should have had more carries, got tough yards. And the Bears D won me my fantasy game lol. :cheers: Bears fans, enjoy this win for the next two weeks.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I’ll give Tevin Jenkins this, he plays with all he’s got, good or bad. Might be worth keeping after this season?

Jenkins needs to be extended this offseason.

He should def be extended.

4 picks and we still only have 9pts smh! Ridiculous!

:smh:

Fuck! Another Justin fumble?
:smh :smh:

Still have a chance. Redemption time Justin.
:yes:

...they did the best they could to lose but the defense kept us in the game long enough for the offense to finally do something late in a game to win. Still can't believe this is Flus's 1st and only division win :smh:

This was the final nail in Getsy's coffin, imo. He's GOT to go. Someone on Twitter said it best during the game: He just can't think on the fly.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You guys still think Justin should be our QB next year?

Man i don’t know. I think he’s got a lot of talent. I also think he wouldn’t have to be running the ball all the time if we didn’t have this pussy ass head coach and OC running things.

Bruh that is a good question. I am JF1 fan but I have to be honest
his ball security is a major problem in the 4th qtr and his pocket presence isnt good.

Even with this win, I hate to say this but BEARS should draft a QB in this year draft

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Bruh that is a good question. I am JF1 fan but I have to be honest
his ball security is a major problem in the 4th qtr and his pocket presence isnt good.

Even with this win, I hate to say this but BEARS should draft a QB in this year draft
I just hate to hit restart. Justin has tools. He has the ability to get 50+ on the ground easy. He has a true WR1 now. I just feel like a better offensive scheme is going to take him to the next level. Last night as an example, I concur, ball security is a major issue. But Getsy did all he could NOT to win the game by calling at least six WR screens that netted what, maybe 10 yards total?

Just the lack of utilizing Fields talents is agravating, and I don’t know that Williams or Maye are any better than what’s already in-house. Now, that said, if Fields won’t be extended and is likely to walk if he hits free agency, different discussion on taking a QB.