2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Boomer is team Caleb Williams, says he's that damn good. I honestly don't know what they are going to do.. If it's Williams I'm cool with that and if it's to keep Fields and get a haul I'm cool with that as well. No matter what they do, they need to find the right OC.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Boomer is team Caleb Williams, says he's that damn good. I honestly don't know what they are going to do.. If it's Williams I'm cool with that and if it's to keep Fields and get a haul I'm cool with that as well. No matter what they do, they need to find the right OC.

In this day and age, especially with so many experts sitting on the couch every sunday, I feel like everybody wants to be right so bad that they don't always think about what's best for the team as a whole. Not getting on Boomer, but just saying in general.

As the saying goes opinions are like assholes, and many from people who aren't even fans of this team. It's not worth it to listen to every talking head, would rather just wait and see what really happens ( which speaks to your point) and hope this team improves that's what I care about.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I am leaning towards Shane Waldron - Seahawks OC
because of his experience being the pass game coordinator & qb coach
under Rams HC Sean McVay

From other nfl board forums, some say he is a good communicator
on play scheme and play designs, which was getsy weakness as OC.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
under Rams HC Sean McVay

I've seen the same. I've also seen some people criticize him by saying that he has issues in his in game adjustments and not leaning on something that works until the defense shows that they can stop it

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
under Rams HC Sean McVay

I've seen the same. I've also seen some people criticize him by saying that he has issues in his in game adjustments and not leaning on something that works until the defense shows that they can stop it
Word.. def sounds like greener grass but who knows. It DOES seem like Seattle stressed taking a good amount of deep shots (Justin's strength) to Metcalf and Lockett combined with a strong running game. I think they used their TEs ok too.

We just need the baseline to be using the talent he has and not call plays like an idiot. Oh, and FINALLY have a handful of bread and butter plays that make up our identity (plays that the talent you have has perfected based on their abilities).

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
under Rams HC Sean McVay

I seen Geno Smith numbers under him and they are way better than any Bears QB smh lol. He got hurt this year and missed games.

2023- 3,624yrds, 20 TD's 9 int's 92.1 QB rating
2022-4,282yrds 30 TD's 11 int's 100.1 QB rating.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I would also be intrigued by 49ers Kubiak, that offense is very diverse but Shanahan is the architect of it. If he can call games like him, I'd definitely be interested.
Kubiak was the OC and play caller for the Vikings under Zimmer for a year, the co-vid year. Team went 8-9, Cousins threw for over 4,000 yards, the team offense was 11th in passing and 17th in rushing

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Looks like Poles is hedging his bets by trying to keep the same system that Getsy called himself running. That not a slight against the Shanahan variant of the west coast offense, more of a nod to Poles wanting the offense to not have to learn another system. QB is tbd, but I can rock with the rationale behind the OC search.

Rookie QB or not, the Bears need to be in the playoffs next year.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like Poles is hedging his bets by trying to keep the same system that Getsy called himself running. That not a slight against the Shanahan variant of the west coast offense, more of a nod to Poles wanting the offense to not have to learn another system. QB is tbd, but I can rock with the rationale behind the OC search.

Rookie QB or not, the Bears need to be in the playoffs next year.
I'll never understand why Poles attached himself to Eberflus the way he did, if they don't make the playoffs he could be fired too. Smh!

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
..reason #12,080 I can't stand MP :lol:

They drive so hard to make him some sort of savior. Remember when the were pushing the narrative that Baker Mayfield was a better QB than Lamar Jackson, after Lamar had already won a MVP award.
Muthafucka is on his 3rd or 4th team