2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
They drive so hard to make him some sort of savior. Remember when the were pushing the narrative that Baker Mayfield was a better QB than Lamar Jackson, after Lamar had already won a MVP award.
Muthafucka is on his 3rd or 4th team
The real Baker Mayfield is going to show up next week. He plays good against weak pass rush teams but when you up in his face he turns into mush.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Gonna listen to this in a bit. It's been heated debates about Williams and Fields. I have no issue with either one of them but I will defend Fields because he hasn't been given a fair shot, the Bears haven't did right by him since he was drafted.
I usually don't listen to Pat, but this was a really good response to Kap's rant. I feel like Pat expressed how most long time fans feel.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
They were naming QB's he's worked with in his career, man it was some QB's who did pretty damn good under him. I'm intrigued. If they made the hire, I'll allow it... Lol
FWIW, Wannstedt said hiring Kingsbury as OC would be a mistake... but adding him as a possible QB coach, or just probing him for intel on Caleb would be a positive:

Perhaps the most high profile is Kliff Kingsbury, who currently serves as a senior offensive analyst and quarterbacks coach for USC. It’s notable given his work with quarterback Caleb Williams, who could be drafted by the Bears at first overall in the 2024 NFL draft.

According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Bears are flying to Los Angeles to meet with Kingsbury for the offensive coordinator job on Friday. It should also serve as an opportunity to get intel on Williams during the pre-draft process.

But former Bears head coach Dave Wannstedt isn’t a fan of a potential Kingsbury hiring — at least for offensive coordinator.

“I like Kliff, he’s a good guy,” Wannstedt told the Parkins & Spiegel Show on 670 The Score. “But that would be the worst mistake (Matt) Eberflus could make. Now, if they’re gonna hire him as quarterbacks coach that might be good if they draft Caleb Williams. That all makes sense.”

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I forgot where I read it, but someone mentioned that us giving up a home game to play in London might support our case to get out of it once again.

But I agree with you. I feel like the League is dying for us to finally do it. I don't really want them to though.
Hopefully the storyline of Sean Payton trying to find his new Drew Brees will win out and the Broncos end up having to do it

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FWIW, Wannstedt said hiring Kingsbury as OC would be a mistake... but adding him as a possible QB coach, or just probing him for intel on Caleb would be a positive:

Perhaps the most high profile is Kliff Kingsbury, who currently serves as a senior offensive analyst and quarterbacks coach for USC. It’s notable given his work with quarterback Caleb Williams, who could be drafted by the Bears at first overall in the 2024 NFL draft.

According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Bears are flying to Los Angeles to meet with Kingsbury for the offensive coordinator job on Friday. It should also serve as an opportunity to get intel on Williams during the pre-draft process.

But former Bears head coach Dave Wannstedt isn’t a fan of a potential Kingsbury hiring — at least for offensive coordinator.

“I like Kliff, he’s a good guy,” Wannstedt told the Parkins & Spiegel Show on 670 The Score. “But that would be the worst mistake (Matt) Eberflus could make. Now, if they’re gonna hire him as quarterbacks coach that might be good if they draft Caleb Williams. That all makes sense.”
I seen what Wannstedt had to say, Wanny in his feelings because he feels that Kingsbury could take Eberflus job lol. Because him saying all Kingsbury would do is pass, it's not based on facts. While head coach in the NFL his teams were in the top ten for rushing in 3 seasons, about 500 of those yards were Kyler Murray. So it wasn't just all Murray rushing for those yards. Kingsbury has shown the ability to adapt and has been in all different kinds of offenses. He would be a good hire.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I'll assume that Eberflus is going to hold onto play calling duties for the defense unless he gets an experienced DC
Hopefully. I think they still wanna have someone with the DC title to assist, but it might be tough to get someone experienced that doesn't actually call plays.

Honestly, I like Flus calling plays. I just hope the week to week prep isn't too much and doesn't take away from the CEO aspect of the job.