2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All this season proves is that flus is a better def coord than head coach.

Ok Here me out.
How about Bears hire a real quality head coach, demote flus to def. coord
and then get an offensive minded modern day OC coach, who actually has experience
designing a playbook and knows how to communicate the playbook scheme/philosophy.

Because this 17 year of rotation of GM, HC, OC, QB hires rinse and repeat is killin us
BEARS FANS.
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Wait!! So nobody that's had lunch with Sean McVay
Like I said, I think Justin needs a change of scenery. I want Caleb Williams to do well, but he is going to be a deer in headlights for the first two years. He is not going to be like that quarterback in Houston, Texas
Apparently the Texans OC made sure to try to make CJ Stroud's progressions in the passing game easier.
When Stroud was drafted, Slowik had a plan in place. The offense would have pure progression reads, which doesn't always require the quarterback to know everything the defense is doing.
Sometimes, Stroud is reading a defender or a spot on the field, and progressions can have up to five options within the read. That flexibility aids Stroud with pre- and post-snap recognition when defenses try to disguise their look.

"You don't need to have all the answers to the test, but you can have the clues before the snap," Slowik said. "You can trust your scheme, and you can trust the players we're getting the ball to help give you the answer during the play.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
All this season proves is that flus is a better def coord than head coach.

Ok Here me out.
How about Bears hire a real quality head coach, demote flus to def. coord
and then get an offensive minded modern day OC coach, who actually has experience
designing a playbook and knows how to communicate the playbook scheme/philosophy.

Because this 17 year of rotation of GM, HC, OC, QB hires rinse and repeat is killin us
BEARS FANS.
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Team didn't give up on Flus when they weren't playing for anything

Remember Montez's comments?

That says a lot. We're looking at it from the outside. I'm sure the exit interviews were good.

as opposed to them asking Justin about Getsy, and he said their relationship was "pretty good"...that says everything.