2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

SAMSOUL

Star
BGOL Investor
They should trade the pick to the raiders for # 17 a pass rusher and of lineman and the raiders 1st pick. With the other picks they can get another wide receiver and another lineman. But first they should get rid of that dumb ass head coach.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

When healthy, and pre-contract extension, Jackson was top tier. Injuries after that didn’t help but he was trending up and had a decent 2023.

Whitehair, I’m torn on. Injuries didn’t help but he was inconsistent as hell. Credit where due for shifting to Guard from Center, but wasn’t good at all after the Covid year.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member

My perspective is if you have a position of need and WR2 is, why not get the best available?
I get that the same argument can be made about QB and Caleb. there is some validity to that.
I just feel that Marvin is a more clear cut generational talent.

If Fields is traded, I hope that he is sent somewhere that gives him a better shot than the Bears have given him. He isn't perfect but he wasn't exactly set up for success. You can't look at his entire tenure and stats to come to a fair conclusion. He only had one year with anything resembling professional talent around him. Pittsburgh would be a good landing spot for him if we can get a second back.

No one has a clue about what Poles will do which is a good thing. Im thinking that it's 50/50 regarding if Fields is traded right now. It's playoffs or bust next year, and if Poles thinks that the Bears can get to the playoffs with a rookie QB, that rookie will be surrounded with more talent and hopefully better coaching than Fields had when he was drafted. My preference that Fields stays a Bear aside, I can't ask for much more than that.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Suppose the Bears have decided to run it back with JF1 and put the 1st pick up for auction. What if a team wants to trade up in this draft not for Williams, but Marvin Harrison Jr? What if that team is the Cardinals? If Poles gets offered both Cards 1st rounders this year, #4 and #27, and a '24 3rd(#66, the Cards)?
a) Is that enough for Poles to NOT say, "GTFOH!" and hang up the phone
b)Is that a good deal? Does a 2nd rounder this year need to be thrown in as well?
c) If Poles took this deal, do we go WR or OT at 4, or put #4 up for auction for teams like the VIkes, Raiders and Broncos who may wanna get the next qb off the board?

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
but you can fix that without drafting Harvin Jr
I would like Marvin Harrison Jr, but WR is the strangest position in the NFL. Important, yet not necessarily correlating to winning Lombardis. Since 2000, an argument can be made that the only wr's with Super Bowl rings who are in or are going to Canton are: Marvin Harrison Sr., Mike Evans and Tyreke Hill? Cooper Kupp, Julian Edelman and Wes Welker are strong maybes.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL Gold Member
I would like Marvin Harrison Jr, but WR is the strangest position in the NFL. Important, yet not necessarily correlating to winning Lombardis. Since 2000, an argument can be made that the only wr's with Super Bowl rings who are in or are going to Canton are: Marvin Harrison Sr., Mike Evans and Tyreke Hill? Cooper Kupp, Julian Edelman and Wes Welker are strong maybes.
I think Hines Ward will get into the HOF as well.

Edelman, Welker, as good as he was in NE, never won a Super Bowl, he was on the SB XLII and XLVI teams that both lost to the Giants.

Last edited:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Suppose the Bears have decided to run it back with JF1 and put the 1st pick up for auction. What if a team wants to trade up in this draft not for Williams, but Marvin Harrison Jr? What if that team is the Cardinals? If Poles gets offered both Cards 1st rounders this year, #4 and #27, and a '24 3rd(#66, the Cards)?
a) Is that enough for Poles to NOT say, "GTFOH!" and hang up the phone
b)Is that a good deal? Does a 2nd rounder this year need to be thrown in as well?
c) If Poles took this deal, do we go WR or OT at 4, or put #4 up for auction for teams like the VIkes, Raiders and Broncos who may wanna get the next qb off the board?
Malik Nabers is considered an elite option at WR as well.
Edelman is not a strong maybe for Canton. If you can't make a Pro Bowl in this era you can't be a Hall of Famer.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

cold-n-cocky

BGOL Gold Member
He was on that team. He was the whiteboy that made this sick, juggling reception on the NE comeback drive.

I stand corrected, you’re right. I typed Edelman when I meant to say Wes Welker never won a SB.

Yep, Edelman made that catch and played the rest of that game with a sure concussion because he got rocked and it was clear when he got up he had no clue where or who he was.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Newest Assistant Running-Backs Coach

428674740_10231842566225672_6626738188014889448_n.jpg