2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
They be adding fuel to the fire with these post lol. It's a civil war going on with Bears fans right now lol. I been going at with those Caleb Stan's in Facebook groups lol.
Yup. Folks have gone loco for CW... so much so that they'll disparage JF, your football knowledge, and ya kids if you done "believe" :smh:

I prefer JF, trading down and getting more pics (including a 2nd rounder this year, which we currently don't have + AT LEAST another extra 1st rounder next year)..... But I'm willing to wait things out and roll with w/e Poles & Co. decide.

I'll support whoever is taking snaps, as long as and especially if we're finally winning consistently. That's all that matters.

What's gonna be HILARIOUS though: If and when we draft CW, and he struggles.. these SAME PEOPLE are gonna be up here talking about "BUT the TEEEAM stinks! Caleb needs more time and weapons!!"

Oh you fukeeng thinks so?!?!

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup. Folks have gone loco for CW... so much so that they'll disparage JF, your football knowledge, and ya kids if you done "believe" :smh:

I prefer JF, trading down and getting more pics (including a 2nd rounder this year, which we currently don't have + AT LEAST another extra 1st rounder next year)..... But I'm willing to wait things out and roll with w/e Poles & Co. decide.

I'll support whoever is taking snaps, as long as and especially if we're finally winning consistently. That's all that matters.

What's gonna be HILARIOUS though: If and when we draft CW, and he struggles.. these SAME PEOPLE are gonna be up here talking about "BUT the TEEEAM stinks! Caleb needs more time and weapons!!"

Oh you fukeeng thinks so?!?!
Lol Exactly! Us long time Bears fans know what's up, they completely failed Fields Bruh and we know that one savior isn't going to fix things. I'm with trading down and them getting MHJ and a boatload of picks including 2nd round picks. Draft is deep at receiver this year. I'm with you if they go with Caleb, I'll be ok with that but my only thing is I don't want to hear any excuses from the Bears about not winning. They choose to keep Eberflus so it's playoffs or bust for me.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
One thing Buffalo has a good defense, with a lot of injuries and not really any named players on the line other than a washed Von Miller.

Of course they play a 4-3

Plus he's familiar with Edmund's

Seems like we aren't having problems getting quality coaches.

Side note, anyone else annoyed that Leonard Floyd has gone on to have a good career?
Floyd wasn't bad with the Bears. Problem was that people wanted him to produce with sacks and he didn't get them

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Episode Highlights:

Coaching Staff Construction: The hosts, joined by special guest Brad Spielberger, analyze the process and personnel choices made by Matt Eberflus and Ryan Poles in building the Bears' coaching staff. Brad emphasizes the staff's established history of player development, setting the stage for a promising future.

QB Debate - Fields vs. Williams: The episode heats up as the trio delves into the hot debate of Justin Fields versus Caleb Williams in Chicago. Brad believes the Bears' fans and front office are in a head versus heart dilemma. While the logical choice might be Caleb Williams, Fields embodies the culture in Halas, making it a tough decision for the organization.

Jaylon Johnson Contract Negotiations: Insights into the ongoing Jaylon Johnson contract negotiations unfold, with Brad Spielberger providing his perspective on the resolution, predicting a potential franchise tag for the talented cornerback.

Top NFL Free Agency Preview: Pat and Brad explore Brad's comprehensive top NFL free agency piece, discussing potential fits for the Bears in terms of both scheme and salary cap considerations. Get ready for a deep dive into the upcoming free agency frenzy!

May 20-22: Spring League Meeting/Coach Accelerator, Nashville, TN

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
They be adding fuel to the fire with these post lol. It's a civil war going on with Bears fans right now lol. I been going at with those Caleb Stan's in Facebook groups lol.
I'm going to give Poles the benefit of the doubt on whatever decision he makes and I'm rooting for both. With Justin it's for obvious reasons and with Caleb he's getting so much hate based on nothing and internet reports that it'd be nice to see these clowns be completely wrong again. I'm pretty sure that most of them are the same idiots that were saying Baker Mayfield is better than Lamar after Lamar had already won a MVP a few years ago.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I'm going to give Poles the benefit of the doubt on whatever decision he makes and I'm rooting for both. With Justin it's for obvious reasons and with Caleb he's getting so much hate based on nothing and internet reports that it'd be nice to see these clowns be completely wrong again. I'm pretty sure that most of them are the same idiots that were saying Baker Mayfield is better than Lamar after Lamar had already won a MVP a few years ago.
Yup. I just want a decision to be made already, but we got a long way to go. The "experts" will be unbearable until then.

I think after the pre-draft process the decision will be obvious: Either CW shines and we can't deny his fit... or they see he is NOT the fit for this team and JF is too good a dude/player to let go of.

Mad folks making decisions before due diligence. Ala Pace with Mitch..

But again, if they do switch gears and go with CW, it will have to be the OBVIOUS choice and he'll have to be a plug-and-play QB able to lead this team to wins right now. If Poles doesn't think so, then he'll stick with JF.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Greeny always annoys me when he talks about the Bears on Get Up. As if the Jets and Washington develop QB's. They already did the local kid with Dwayne Haskins.