2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I didn't even know players had been giving their medicals to every team. That doesn't make sense if you're a top five pick to give it to a Kansas City or Baltimore.
The primary reason for the combine being established was as a place where all the teams could get medical information on the prospects as opposed to them having to wait. Why top picks have just realized that everyone doesn't need access to their medical is beyond me.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not just white people. Plenty of black people are on the hate train as well. And it's based on little to nothing that's provable.
It really shows the power of memes with idiots and also people's inability to think critically or fairly since Marvin Harrison Jr isn't give half as much hate for doing many of the same things as Williams

Im not too worried about how many picks we have after seeing how Poles racked up picks in his 1st draft when he ended up making twice as many picks as we had coming into that draft. And he has 2 Top 10 picks and could easily trade down.
There's not much in terms of free agent centers and last year all of the centers went earlier than expected and the top 2 centers in this draft will be gone by round 3 most likely
I don't think they are trading the first pick but you never know but I do believe they will trade down with the #9 pick unless two of those top receivers are there because MHJ will definitely be gone. They could trade down and pick up that center from Oregon who they say is a beast, that would be perfect.
I was wondering if we're trading the 9th to move down for more, but our picks are really based on what we get for Justin and if it's a second or a third.

I think we're getting two fourths
Yeah these teams trying to get Fields for the low. I keep hearing about Cousins and Mayfield... Like all of a sudden these dudes are hot commodities.. Lol Cousins coming off an torn Achilles and will be 36 at the start of the season and I would never trust Mayfield.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yall know whats crazy have to get Poles props because he got
people actually taught about BEARS football in the off-season.
Someone on the bears message board mentioned this fact.

I have people from school living in different states asking or telling
their opinion on what the BEARS should do with draft.

Bears are usually a side note of a sports story and the BEARS been trending
heavy on the national sports shows.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I want another 1 pick

Don’t cash in yet

Stay on dice

Keep raping these other GMs for their desperation

If a GM wants little Archie to run their franchise, get the number 1 pick and Rape him out of picks for us to load up

I’m not mad at the OKC thunder route with stock piling.

Make the trade with the deadskins

Rape them for everything, get Terry Mclauren and hella picks

Do the same thing next year when Foreskins get 3 wins.

We are back on dice with another top pick and sanders is coming out.

Fool another GM into giving us multiple picks and the cycle continues with somebody wanting Archie in 2026 (preferably the Jets cause they always go for names and still end up being the goddamn Jets)

Keep getting picks and build the greatest team ever

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hear they bout to trade the pick......... In a league where you need a top flight QB... If they trade this pick they're stupid... I dont know what Caleb will or won't be. But IMO this is what people do when they can't make a decision. They punt so they don't have to actually make the choice. The Bears are a good QB away from being a playoff squad. Caleb could be next years CJ Stroud. Unless they get a Herschel Walker haul...

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I need to see the offense being addressed, the defense will be fine like it always is in Chicago but I need to start seeing some offense in an offensive league.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I think Carolina or Tennessee just got rid of their center

Buffalo released their starting center Mitch Morse last week so he's also available
I think they sniffed around Saquon

and on another note Christian Wilkins after Chris Jones salary :smh: I don't think Poles would do that
Besides Dexter came around as the season progressed. That money is better spent on another edge rusher to go with Montez Sweat

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

Wow, talk about a change of plans.

A dome though, I get it, but for Chicago it seems so……benign? Sterile? I’m not even talking that “Bear weather” bullshit, but as a fan, late fall/winter game with the wind coming off the lake taking the temp down another 10+ degrees, there’s something about it that adds to the experience. But I suppose stadiums are now year round facilities being designed to not host just local team football games but other events (Super Bowl, Final Four, CFB National Championship, etc.).

What’s really wild is the Bears kicking in $2B, the old realm of the McCaskeys would NEVER have done such a thing.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
But I suppose stadiums are now year round facilities being designed to not host just local team football games but other events (Super Bowl, Final Four, CFB National Championship, etc.).
Boom. They fucked up with the renovation back when in a few ways too. Seating capacity, for one.. which I believe kept Chicago from being considered to host a game for the upcoming World Cup.

What’s really wild is the Bears kicking in $2B, the old realm of the McCaskeys would NEVER have done such a thing.
Word.. and I think some of the change in approach is due to Ted Phillips lame ass finally retiring last year. They know they need to get the stadium right this time around and the advantages doing so will bring.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

A dome though, I get it, but for Chicago it seems so……benign? Sterile? I’m not even talking that “Bear weather” bullshit, but as a fan, late fall/winter game with the wind coming off the lake taking the temp down another 10+ degrees, there’s something about it that adds to the experience. But I suppose stadiums are now year round facilities being designed to not host just local team football games but other events (Super Bowl, Final Four, CFB National Championship, etc.).

Cold weather does nothing for the bears or it’s fans

The league is changing and u have to adapt

Big Dome or bust

And I don’t believe a word the mccrapys say

Sell the team

Poles still has the bears at the bottom.

I won’t see improvement till ‘27. Warren and poles will be long gone.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster

New stadium is long overdue.
I am a Bear weather fans as well, and we both know it takes a special type of person to sit in Soldier Field in below zero temps with the wind.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

ON7R.gif