Air Fryers. No oil frying. How many use one?

rerun run

Rising Star
Registered
So I went ahead and listened to everyone here and got one. I am sold for sure, the wings no breading just seasoning came out crispy as hell. Way better than I expected I am making batches now.

Just to give everyone a heads up Costco has them on sale for $49 and 10lbs of wings for $12. This is how I am spending my Saturday

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So I went ahead and listened to everyone here and got one. I am sold for sure, the wings no breading just seasoning came out crispy as hell. Way better than I expected I am making batches now.

Just to give everyone a heads up Costco has them on sale for $49 and 10lbs of wings for $12. This is how I am spending my Saturday
Yeah man it is a great way to still enjoy fried foods but a lot healthier without losing out on taste

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
We use our Big Boss a few times a week. Made BBQ wings in it last night.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love my air fryer. One of the best investments I ever made.
What do u use yours for other than sports bar food?

I did a ribeye steak in there and it came out lovely. I have an olive oil sprayer, used that lightly with some black pepper, no salt needed.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love my air fryer. One of the best investments I ever made.

Damn that's great to hear! I didn't think they were any good.

using mine now for some french fries

Let us know how they turn out.

rerun run

Rising Star
Registered
Damn that's great to hear! I didn't think they were any good.

Let us know how they turn out.
Made fries today and they came out crispy, still tripping about the taste of food. I never realized how I was used to tasting oil. I made potato wedges last night and the taste of just seasoning and potato caught us all off guard.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Made fries today and they came out crispy, still tripping about the taste of food. I never realized how I was used to tasting oil. I made potato wedges last night and the taste of just seasoning and potato caught us all off guard.

Is that a good or bad thing? Does the food have a funny taste??

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Wow that’s great to hear, thanks for the update!

That’s what I wanna know.

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
ok i'm gonna get one
we can put vids on our youtube channel
i like to eat and cook,so that's easy
gotta get a good camera too

rerun run

Rising Star
Registered

Not a funny taste but all I tasted was potato and seasoning. Granted it is not like a new world of flavor but you notice how grease was also flavoring what you eat.

So like I made spring rolls and I tasted the lemongrass, like really tasted it more powerfully. I never would have thought the oil would take some flavors away as well or overpower the ingredients.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
Registered
Gotta buy one..I deep fry too much.mm what about wontons? I make some banging ass fried beef wantons.i wonder how they'll come out in one of these.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I finally pulled the trigger and got one this weekend. Tried it out for the first time on a set of drumsticks I had marinating since Tuesday and they came out pretty good for my first time ever frying chicken. Next time I'll use buttermilk and flour instead of pre-seasoned breadcrumbs for a batch of fried jerk chicken. @POSTERBOY don't worry. I use official jerk seasonings for mine. Walkerswood preferred, Grace at minimum :yes:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I use it overwhelmingly for wings. Also fries and onion rings. Did a ribeye and it came out delicious

older version

A version older
Registered
good looks.

i'll go the convection oven route.

all stainless steel; no teflon coated chemicals.

Interesting. That's what I have been reading too that it's convection.
But the price has gone down to the point that there are a lot of noname brands
for the price of a tank of gas.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Seriously. If you are a bacon lover and want to make your own in the morning, this is for you.

OMG yes bacon cooks up wonderfully in the airfryer. I like mine totally crisp, and I can get it that way where the fat is crispy and it's evenly cooked and not burnt or over shrunk at all.

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
just got the Nuwave 6qt from belk on sale for 69.00 during sale last week.(reg 179.00) I used this shit errrrday. trail and error first couple of meals. make sure i have olive oil or dresseing on everything i cook and use foil. i see where a lot of restaurants get their taste from

Last edited: