Air Fryers. No oil frying. How many use one?

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
My sister in law just just bought us the Emeril Air Fryer. Looks interesting.

main-row-bg-1.png

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I recently added this to my arsenal

farberware-6-quart-oil-less-fryer

How is this for cooking in layers? Also what is the capacity in quarts and how many watts? My gourmia just died. All the reviews for most of these say they take longer than regular fryers because they aren't powerful enough. I currently rotate when cooking in layers, so that won't be an issue. I could only find one where the door swings open like a microwave, but it had poor reviews, so I guess drips may be an issue in taking out food.

I decided against the gourmia oven because the racks were all nonstick and will eventually fail. GoWise has a deluxe and an ultra, the ultra being the newer model. This is what I'm considering:

Amazon product ASIN B07TKP7VLW

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=vp314-20 GoWISE-USA-12-7-Quart-Rotisserie-Accessories/dp/B07TKP7VLW

(If the top link doesn't show up remove the space for the second one.)

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yall gone make me do up some wings for the Spence fight.

I'm still living off wings I brought back from the National Fried Chicken Festival in New Orleans last weekend...

Gus' Fried Chicken won by the way

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How is this for cooking in layers? Also what is the capacity in quarts and how many watts? My gourmia just died. All the reviews for most of these say they take longer than regular fryers because they aren't powerful enough. I currently rotate when cooking in layers, so that won't be an issue. I could only find one where the door swings open like a microwave, but it had poor reviews, so I guess drips may be an issue in taking out food.

I decided against the gourmia oven because the racks were all nonstick and will eventually fail. GoWise has a deluxe and an ultra, the ultra being the newer model. This is what I'm considering:

Amazon product ASIN B07TKP7VLW

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=vp314-20 GoWISE-USA-12-7-Quart-Rotisserie-Accessories/dp/B07TKP7VLW

(If the top link doesn't show up remove the space for the second one.)
Cooking in layers has been cool. When trying rotating to the top rack is needed to get it extra crispy. But it tries to a perfect golden brown. The air glow is good in the machine and cooks evenly. Not as powerful as the higher end models but it is adequate for almost all cooking

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam, any suggestions on an air fryer?
I know I'm late, but now that I have a house I spend more time at home and I'd like to start cooking more.

I only eat fish & turkey, so I'd like to get one that's good for those. I like whole fried Snapper like they have in the Caribbean and this will be my first Thanksgiving in my house so I would like one big enough to fry a whole turkey.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Sorry I meant to respond to you the other day. I don't think they make one big enough for a turkey. Most do a 5 lb bird at the most. Frigidaire makes the oven with a built in airfryer, but I haven't investigated it to see if it's any different from a regular convection oven. I am not familiar with the char broil device you posted. Just research and check reviews.

01fixer

Star
Platinum Member
I got one for Christmas last year and turned into a wing addict! I then turned my sister into an addict for the fryer. I have a degree from a cooking school and get paid to cook, but this thing got me going crazy at home (eating at least 15 wings a night three times a week)! But then I learned to control myself. The recipes that come with it are just a starting point, my wins need 30 minutes not 15! Salmon in this thing is incredible with the right spices. FF are ok, but don't do fried okra! The best thing is, whatever seasoning you add does not get "lost" because of the oil or other cooking techniques.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I got one for Christmas last year and turned into a wing addict! I then turned my sister into an addict for the fryer. I have a degree from a cooking school and get paid to cook, but this thing got me going crazy at home (eating at least 15 wings a night three times a week)! But then I learned to control myself. The recipes that come with it are just a starting point, my wins need 30 minutes not 15! Salmon in this thing is incredible with the right spices. FF are ok, but don't do fried okra! The best thing is, whatever seasoning you add does not get "lost" because of the oil or other cooking techniques.

Post your recipe for wings bro

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Damn you wore it out in 1 year? I didn’t think that was possible because the grill plate is solid. Are you going to buy a replacement or do you have something better?

The bucket is only $20 to replace but my seals are going quick, can't lie.

Dunno if they sale the seals. This thing has saved money and time in meals prep.

EDIT, yep! THey sale them too DAWG!

Just bought this, I'm skeptical of it.

Amazon product ASIN B07HR6D9ZC

Edit. Man I fried about 10 turkeys in this thing and about 4 chikens. It can fry and cook or boil seafood too. My dumbass bought a box of Costco giant red king crabs and put em on the stove. Can't go wrong with this Turkey Fryer. Can fry indoors and not worry about burning down your fucking house. Like my dumbass neighbor (who was white) before he moved away.

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I was inspired by the video below so I broke out the air fryer and did a comparison of oven wings cooked at 425 20 minutes per side and the air fryer at 30 minutes tossed half way thru...

4effa08fb3be55e30a5afdba09859ddba4c1cd6e.jpg

Shit came out delicious!

Oven wings on left, riced cauliflower and garlic butter mushrooms.

I really couldn't tell the difference between the two cooking methods.

Key to it all was what both videos below suggest... Baking powder!
Which has NO CARBS :eek2:

The perv in me really liked her video

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I was inspired by the video below so I broke out the air fryer and did a comparison of oven wings cooked at 425 20 minutes per side and the air fryer at 30 minutes tossed half way thru...

4effa08fb3be55e30a5afdba09859ddba4c1cd6e.jpg

Shit came out delicious!

Oven wings on left, riced cauliflower and garlic butter mushrooms.

I really couldn't tell the difference between the two cooking methods.

Key to it all was what both videos below suggest... Baking powder!
Which has NO CARBS :eek2:

The perv in me really liked her video