Air Fryers. No oil frying. How many use one?

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
that muthafucka from tristar you now the guy that does cooper chef pans commercial
the damn thing was fire at first then just stopped working

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
picked up the Ninja Foodi, man this thing does it all

that's the one i got. i love it.

53826563_10216125776390754_5072468724330528768_n.jpg

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
get yourself a convection oven and it will do the same plus more, and way easier to clean up.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
If I could do it over I would get the oven. These don't hold enough food for a family of four and I got the big one. I like it tho.

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
Still some recipes I wanna try, gonna go with a small whole chicken next ..... Baking, toasting and warming is great, it's got a turbo boost setting ..... Easy to cook for two but I got 2 adults and 3 shorties when I cook .....

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I've been seeing a lot more convection ovens boast an "air fryer" feature now.... And then I saw this.

An actual "Air Fryer Oven,"

Amazon product ASIN B0769Y1JVN
81CU1a8cPeL._SX425_.jpg

Anyone got any experience with something like this?

I was considering this, and I may get it if my current airfryer ever dies, but I don't like how the heating element it set up at the top. My first airfryer (GoWise) died within a month or so, and I think it is because the heating element didn't have a splash guard. The one I currently have (Gourmia GTA2500) had a detachable screen that covered the heating element to protect the bulb. It's been going strong since Dec 2016. Its like 9-10 quarts and I can stack stuff in and do layers of wings, but I'd much rather have the layout of the oven with the shelves that can pull out. If I'm doing layer and I want to rearrange things I have to pull the rack and everything out to rotate it. (The items on the top brown faster because of being closer to the light) The air fryer oven has a covering for the heating element but it has big hole and when I examined it, it looked like it had to be unscrewed to be removed, if it can be at all. It was hard to get a look at the model that was on display. I love the idea of it. When I first saw it I was trying to justify getting it while my other one was still working, until I looked at the heating element. I saw too many reviews saying it failed just as the warranty ran out.

Whichever one you choose, get something where you can view the food as it cooks. And get something with a large capacity. There are only two folks living here, and as as large as mine is, I wish it was a bit larger.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was considering this, and I may get it if my current airfryer ever dies, but I don't like how the heating element it set up at the top. My first airfryer (GoWise) died within a month or so, and I think it is because the heating element didn't have a splash guard. The one I currently have (Gourmia GTA2500) had a detachable screen that covered the heating element to protect the bulb. It's been going strong since Dec 2016. Its like 9-10 quarts and I can stack stuff in and do layers of wings, but I'd much rather have the layout of the oven with the shelves that can pull out. If I'm doing layer and I want to rearrange things I have to pull the rack and everything out to rotate it. (The items on the top brown faster because of being closer to the light) The air fryer oven has a covering for the heating element but it has big hole and when I examined it, it looked like it had to be unscrewed to be removed, if it can be at all. It was hard to get a look at the model that was on display. I love the idea of it. When I first saw it I was trying to justify getting it while my other one was still working, until I looked at the heating element. I saw too many reviews saying it failed just as the warranty ran out.

Whichever one you choose, get something where you can view the food as it cooks. And get something with a large capacity. There are only two folks living here, and as as large as mine is, I wish it was a bit larger.
Thanks