Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Would you say Crowdstrike has met their "Titan Submersible" moment. Can they recover?
I'm sure they'll recover, ....but it wont be quickly. Its a lot different than say data breaches that other companies have had in 2024....like T-Mobile, Life360, Ticketmaster/Live Nation, JP Morgan, Bank Of America, Dell, etc...
All of these companies stock increased significantly right after the data breaches. Not sure why, but that has been the trend on the stocks of companies that have had these types of IT security lapses.
I may need to start tracking this shit, so i can start buying stock of companies immediately after they report data breaches.

Crowdstrike was different. This wasn't a data breach....the bug in their patch update affected thousands of companies worldwide....costing billions in losses.
And because it wasnt remediated quickly, investors saw that as a sign that its not a quality product and likely to happen again....which is why there is such a huge selloff. Dropped over $100 in share price so far.
Its like watching a huge pharmaceutical company having to report a failed clinical trial for a breakthrough drug treatment and their stock just plunge to the point where its a damn penny stock overnight.

They're gonna have to do a hell of a whole lot to regain the public trust before their stock regains its losses. I'm not gonna touch it at the moment.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm sure they'll recover, ....but it wont be quickly. Its a lot different than say data breaches that other companies have had in 2024....like T-Mobile, Life360, Ticketmaster/Live Nation, JP Morgan, Bank Of America, Dell, etc...
All of these companies stock increased significantly right after the data breaches. Not sure why, but that has been the trend on the stocks of companies that have had these types of IT security lapses.
I may need to start tracking this shit, so i can start buying stock of companies immediately after they report data breaches.

Crowdstrike was different. This wasn't a data breach....the bug in their patch update affected thousands of companies worldwide....costing billions in losses.
And because it wasnt remediated quickly, investors saw that as a sign that its not a quality product and likely to happen again....which is why there is such a huge selloff. Dropped over $100 in share price so far.
Its like watching a huge pharmaceutical company having to report a failed clinical trial for a breakthrough drug treatment and their stock just plunge to the point where its a damn penny stock overnight.

They're gonna have to do a hell of a whole lot to regain the public trust before their stock regains its losses. I'm not gonna touch it at the moment.
You might be on to something about them breaches, ATT same shit. Got breached and stock been on a slow run.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Crowdstrike $CRWD stock has dipped 28% in the last week mainly due to the spicy update that crashed many companies. How many of you see this as an opportunity to get in or are you pulling out? I have a small position but will add $1k this week
What do you think about Fortinet Inc FTNT?

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Google Cloud hits $10.3 billion in revenue, helped by AI demand​

By Therese Poletti
Alphabet Inc. Chief Executive Sundar Pichai said that the company's cloud business crossed $10 billion in revenue for the first time, reaching $10.3 billion.

Google Cloud was up 28.75% from year-ago revenue of $8.0 billion, fueled in part by strong demand for AI infrastructure, he said.

"Year-to-date, our AI infrastructure and generative AI solutions for Cloud customers have already generated billions in revenues and are being used by more than 2 million developers," Pichai said.
Chief Financial Officer Ruth Porat also said the company was particularly encouraged that "the majority of our top 100 customers are already using our generative AI solutions," and that Alphabet continues to invest aggressively in the business.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Google Cloud hits $10.3 billion in revenue, helped by AI demand

By Therese Poletti
Alphabet Inc. Chief Executive Sundar Pichai said that the company's cloud business crossed $10 billion in revenue for the first time, reaching $10.3 billion.

Google Cloud was up 28.75% from year-ago revenue of $8.0 billion, fueled in part by strong demand for AI infrastructure, he said.

"Year-to-date, our AI infrastructure and generative AI solutions for Cloud customers have already generated billions in revenues and are being used by more than 2 million developers," Pichai said.
Chief Financial Officer Ruth Porat also said the company was particularly encouraged that "the majority of our top 100 customers are already using our generative AI solutions," and that Alphabet continues to invest aggressively in the business.

Doe Moe - I am not in the tech world, but are there companies actually using there cloud service?? 28% is significant....

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Doe Moe - I am not in the tech world, but are there companies actually using there cloud service?? 28% is significant....
Oh yes they sure are.

Google Drive, Google Photos, G-Mail, not to mention, Google is the parent company of YouTube.

YouTube is 100% cloud based like all social media.

Companies are using them to host applications SaaS (Software As A Service)

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
*This was a really good listen.

Behind the Memo - The Indispensability of Risk with Howard Marks, Bruce Karsh, and Maurice Ashley

In this episode of Behind the Memo, Howard Marks is joined by two special guests: Oaktree cofounder Bruce Karsh and Maurice Ashley, the chess Grandmaster and author of Move by Move: Life Lessons on and off the Chessboard. In a wide-ranging conversation, they discuss Howard’s recent memo The Indispensability of Risk as well as the inspiration for that memo: Maurice’s Wall Street Journal article, Chess Teaches the Power of Sacrifice. They consider the many parallels between chess and investing, including the lesson that not taking enough risk may be one of the riskiest strategies of all.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
July 25-27,....... keep your eye on Bitcoin, other crypto currencies, RIOT, MARA, MSTR, etc during this time.....
Depending on who says what, could trigger a sudden spike......

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nice explanation but in ALL cases it was a company not minding its business properly.
So the reason for one stock rising and one stock falling is just bullshit. This whole thing is bullshit.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Ford saw a $1.1 billion loss in its EV business, dragging Q2 profit well below Wall Street forecast

Shares of Ford Motor Co. lost more than 10% in the extended session Wednesday after the car maker reported quarterly profits well below Wall Street’s expectations and notched another billion-dollar loss on EVs

Ford _ earned $1.8 million, or 46 cents a share, in the second quarter, compared with $1.9 million, or 47 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter

Adjusted for one-time items, the car maker earned 47 cents a share. Analysts polled by FactSet expected Ford to report adjusted earnings of 68 cents a share.

The results included an EBIT loss of $1.1 billion for Ford’s EV segment, “amid ongoing industrywide pricing pressure on first-generation electric vehicles and lower wholesales,” the car maker said.

Revenue rose 6% to $47.8 billion, meeting consensus expectations and benefitting from “momentum” from its new F-150 pickup lineup and “record” volumes of Transit commercial vans, the company said.

Ford kept its expectations that the EV business will lose between $5.0 billion and $5.5 billion for the year, “with continued pricing pressure and investments in next-generation electric vehicles,” it said

Ford saw a $1.1 billion loss in its EV business, dragging Q2 profit well below Wall Street forecast: https://on.mktw.net/3WAITsd

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ford saw a $1.1 billion loss in its EV business, dragging Q2 profit well below Wall Street forecast

Shares of Ford Motor Co. lost more than 10% in the extended session Wednesday after the car maker reported quarterly profits well below Wall Street’s expectations and notched another billion-dollar loss on EVs

Ford _ earned $1.8 million, or 46 cents a share, in the second quarter, compared with $1.9 million, or 47 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter

Adjusted for one-time items, the car maker earned 47 cents a share. Analysts polled by FactSet expected Ford to report adjusted earnings of 68 cents a share.

The results included an EBIT loss of $1.1 billion for Ford’s EV segment, “amid ongoing industrywide pricing pressure on first-generation electric vehicles and lower wholesales,” the car maker said.

Revenue rose 6% to $47.8 billion, meeting consensus expectations and benefitting from “momentum” from its new F-150 pickup lineup and “record” volumes of Transit commercial vans, the company said.

Ford kept its expectations that the EV business will lose between $5.0 billion and $5.5 billion for the year, “with continued pricing pressure and investments in next-generation electric vehicles,” it said

Ford saw a $1.1 billion loss in its EV business, dragging Q2 profit well below Wall Street forecast: https://on.mktw.net/3WAITsd
damn shame................they were at a 1yr high......

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah.. they were... but if I had have been paying attention to them I would have known it was bait n switch time because of earnings! I sold my Ford shit last year... not worth it.. cool dividend... I guess but not enough stock growth which equals to nothing!!
I’ve been in ford for what seems like an eternity. Last week as it marched towards $15, I was thinking of exiting my position. I actually laughed at the idea when I realized that’s now how Hell works. I have my Hell position and then I had another position that I had at $10. I sold that position last week but that’s not going to gain me any favors with the big guy.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Anyone buying the Lineage IPO today?

NEW YORK, July 24 (Reuters) - Lineage (LINE.O), the world's largest operator of cold-storage warehouses, raised $4.44 billion in its U.S. initial public offering, setting it up for the biggest stock market debut globally this year, the company said on Wednesday.
The Novi, Michigan-headquartered company priced just under 57 million shares in New York at $78 apiece, the upper end of its previously indicated range of $70 to $82.

Earlier in the day, Reuters exclusively reported the pricing of the IPO, citing sources, and said that Lineage had initially planned to sell 47 million shares and sold more because of strong demand.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue
The $4.44 billion IPO values Lineage at more than $18 billion and is the biggest since chip designer Arm's $4.87 billion offering last September. Its shares will begin trading on Nasdaq on Thursday.
Investors see Lineage as a bellwether for the wider IPO market. Some companies that were tempted to list by the stock market hovering near record highs have seen their shares subsequently trade poorly, as investors sour on the frothy valuations. This has put off many IPO hopefuls from following suit.

IPOs globally totaled $48.8 billion during the first half of 2024, a decrease of 18% compared to year earlier and their lowest level for the period since 2016, according to LSEG data. Proceeds for U.S. IPOs totaled $17 billion, however, more than double year-earlier levels and a three-year high.

In a sign of improved IPO market sentiment, shares of OneStream, a financial software maker backed by private equity firm KKR (KKR.N), ended their first session of trading on Wednesday at $26.85 after pricing at $20 in their IPO.
Lineage specializes in temperature-controlled warehouses, operating 482 of them across the world and serving more than 13,000 customers, many of them involved in the food supply chain as distributors, retailers and manufacturers.

Private equity executives Adam Forste and Kevin Marchetti launched the business as one warehouse in Seattle in 2008. They have since grown it through 116 acquisitions, generating $5.3 billion in revenue in 2023. Forste and Marchetti's firm, Bay Grove Capital, owns most of Lineage.

Lineage is structured as a real estate investment trust, which allows shareholders to deduct some of the taxes they pay on their dividends. The company has been using its cash flow for acquisitions and investments in its business, posting a net loss of $162.8 million for the 12 months to the end of March.

Get the latest news and expert analysis about the state of the global economy with Reuters Econ World. Sign up here.

Reporting by Echo Wang in New York and Angela Christy in Bengaluru; Editing by Greg Roumeliotis and Christopher Cushing
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Purchase Licensing Rights

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Anyone buying the Lineage IPO today?

NEW YORK, July 24 (Reuters) - Lineage (LINE.O), the world's largest operator of cold-storage warehouses, raised $4.44 billion in its U.S. initial public offering, setting it up for the biggest stock market debut globally this year, the company said on Wednesday.
The Novi, Michigan-headquartered company priced just under 57 million shares in New York at $78 apiece, the upper end of its previously indicated range of $70 to $82.

Earlier in the day, Reuters exclusively reported the pricing of the IPO, citing sources, and said that Lineage had initially planned to sell 47 million shares and sold more because of strong demand.
The $4.44 billion IPO values Lineage at more than $18 billion and is the biggest since chip designer Arm's $4.87 billion offering last September. Its shares will begin trading on Nasdaq on Thursday.
Investors see Lineage as a bellwether for the wider IPO market. Some companies that were tempted to list by the stock market hovering near record highs have seen their shares subsequently trade poorly, as investors sour on the frothy valuations. This has put off many IPO hopefuls from following suit.

IPOs globally totaled $48.8 billion during the first half of 2024, a decrease of 18% compared to year earlier and their lowest level for the period since 2016, according to LSEG data. Proceeds for U.S. IPOs totaled $17 billion, however, more than double year-earlier levels and a three-year high.

In a sign of improved IPO market sentiment, shares of OneStream, a financial software maker backed by private equity firm KKR (KKR.N), ended their first session of trading on Wednesday at $26.85 after pricing at $20 in their IPO.
Lineage specializes in temperature-controlled warehouses, operating 482 of them across the world and serving more than 13,000 customers, many of them involved in the food supply chain as distributors, retailers and manufacturers.

Private equity executives Adam Forste and Kevin Marchetti launched the business as one warehouse in Seattle in 2008. They have since grown it through 116 acquisitions, generating $5.3 billion in revenue in 2023. Forste and Marchetti's firm, Bay Grove Capital, owns most of Lineage.

Lineage is structured as a real estate investment trust, which allows shareholders to deduct some of the taxes they pay on their dividends. The company has been using its cash flow for acquisitions and investments in its business, posting a net loss of $162.8 million for the 12 months to the end of March.

Get the latest news and expert analysis about the state of the global economy with Reuters Econ World. Sign up here.

Reporting by Echo Wang in New York and Angela Christy in Bengaluru; Editing by Greg Roumeliotis and Christopher Cushing
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Purchase Licensing Rights

Not me.