Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
They were $10 a few years ago.

Ford looks interesting. I’m going to start acting as if Starbucks and Disney are meant to be at those levels. Sysco is my next sexual interest.

Yeah.. I not feeling this Starbucks either.. just trying to ride it out and see that these dudes get their stuff together!! People love their premium coffee.. I looked at Sysco stock chart, but did I miss something? What draws you to them..chart moving sideways the last five years..

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah.. I not feeling this Starbucks either.. just trying to ride it out and see that these dudes get their stuff together!! People love their premium coffee.. I looked at Sysco stock chart, but did I miss something? What draws you to them..chart moving sideways the last five years..
Sysco is everywhere in my life. They are the food supplier for the nursing homes where I work and they usually supply the venues for when I’m out on the town. I usually see a truck out and about every other day. Business appears to be doing well. And they’re $10 away from their 52-week high.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Sysco is everywhere in my life. They are the food supplier for the nursing homes where I work and they usually supply the venues for when I’m out on the town. I usually see a truck out and about every other day. Business appears to be doing well. And they’re $10 away from their 52-week high.
I got ya!

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for this.. good vid. Except for dat onion headed, slow-talkin-but-think-he-sounds-smart host. Can't stand that dude :smh: :lol:
He racism gives him a stutter. Joe is a super racist. If you watch the show you’ll see him flustered when the topic of anyone not white comes up.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I’m tired of him letting guest disrespect the V.P. By calling her Ka’ mala! I’m shit of that bullshit!
He racism gives him a stutter. Joe is a super racist. If you watch the show you’ll see him flustered when the topic of anyone not white comes up.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Multi-Bagger First Principles | Finding Stocks That 10x or More! w/ Ian Cassel (TIP606)​

Another interview with I. Cassel:

Unlocking the Skills of Stock Picking w/ Ian Cassel (TIP648)​

Jul 27, 2024 ️ We Study Billionaires
Kyle Grieve and Ian Cassel discussed the art of success in private investing, key investing skills, finding new ideas, stock buying framework, challenges in holding stocks, selling stocks, and developing perseverance like a legendary investor.

Ian Cassel is the founder and owner of MicroCapClub. Ian is an experienced microcap investor with a 20+ year track record of investing in intelligent fanatic-led businesses.

IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00:00 - Intro
00:00:39 - The stresses that must be overcome with being a private investor
00:08:44 - How to think about survival with your portfolio through brutal bear markets
00:11:46 - Why you shouldn't project performance through a bull market with performance going forward (good performance through a bull market is unlikely to remain the same over a full cycle)
00:24:36 - A sneak peek into Ian's framework for the skills of investing that are required for outperformance
00:30:30 - How to build the skill of identifying stock ideas and Ian's five favorite ways
00:39:06 - The power of thinking about the downside before thinking of the upside in investing
00:42:56 - Why you can pay double your initial price for a business with increasing earnings power and get a better deal at a higher price
00:46:12 - The potential weaknesses of coffee canning and why it does not work on every investment
00:51:35 - The four reasons for selling a stock
01:11:06 - How to deal with biases with being a long-only investor

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Alright...$AMD ER tomorrow. Need some good news on the AI front as far as 2H forecast. Also, it's been a min since $AMD's ER was before $INTC. Curious to see what $INTC reports on Thurs (?).

Puts/calls...I learned my lesson with trying to guess on $AMD. $INTC's SP would seem too low for downside plays if I were a gambler. Spreads perhaps? :dunno:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Nancy Pelosi buys more Nvidia, sells Microsoft
Jul. 31, 2024 10:56 AM ET
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) Stock, MSFT StockBy: Chris Ciaccia, SA News Editor

70 Comments

(1min)

A new congressional trading form filed by Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi disclosed that she bought more shares worth of Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) and sold some Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) shares.

According to the form, the Congresswoman representing the 11th district in California purchased 10,000 shares worth of Nvidia. The transaction was worth between $1M and $5M, according to the report. The 84-year-old Congresswoman also sold 5,000 shares of Microsoft, worth between $1M and $5M.

The notification date for the transactions took place on July 26.

Pelosi previously disclosed a purchase of Nvidia shares earlier this month, along with several other transactions.

Nvidia shares rose more than 10% in early trading on Wednesday, while Microsoft fell 1.5% following earnings.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Premiered Jul 30, 2024

The activist short seller Andrew Left surrendered to authorities in Los Angeles on Monday to face federal criminal securities fraud charges, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office there said.

Both the SEC and a federal grand jury in the Central District of California brought charges against Andrew Left a prominent activist short seller with multiple counts of securities fraud for a long-running market manipulation scheme reaping profits of at least $20 million.

As alleged in the indictment, Left commented on publicly traded companies, asserting that the market incorrectly valued a company’s stock and advocating that the current price was too high or too low. Left’s recommendations often included an explicit or implicit representation about Citron’s trading position—which the regulators claim created the false pretense that Left’s economic incentives aligned with his public recommendation—and a “target price,” which Left represented as his valuation of the company’s stock. Left is accused of working with hedge funds to short and distort stock prices.

Andrew Left became well known in 2021 as one of the hedge funds short GameStop stock.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Citadel Securities generated $2.3 billion of net trading revenue in the first three months of 2024, setting the market-making firm up for a potentially record year as it expands in new assets classes and geographies.

Citadel Securities takes the top spot when it comes to payment for order flow (PFOF), forking out $2.6 billion in 2020 and 2021 according to 606 reports gathered by the US’ Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC).