Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I missed the part where the rock was an academy award winning script writer

Or was a partner with one

Or understood how to write one

Or had a track record of anything resembling that.

Super hero movies need something
Doesn't have to be the same thing just something

This managed to have nothing or nobody you care about

Who cares if the side characters were good lol
The story was bad

mirror-the-rock.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I missed the part where the rock was an academy award winning script writer

Or was a partner with one

Or understood how to write one

Or had a track record of anything resembling that.

Super hero movies need something
Doesn't have to be the same thing just something

This managed to have nothing or nobody you care about

Who cares if the side characters were good lol
The story was bad

He could have EASILY done this though bro

OK just for ARGUMENT sake...

to be FAIR to the Rock

could it just be that the character of Black Adam was TOO TOUGH to crack on the big screen solo film with NO lead up?

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
the flop of the Snydercut completely showed that the snyder fans aint serious.

DC don't need them (not that they going anywhere anyway)

Give Big Gunn Jimmy time

that man is a brilliant creative

THAT being said you can see my comments about his twitter scandal guardians Suicide squad peacemaker

he NEEDS some type of leash

you CANNOT let that man just go ALL OUT.

I UNDERSTAND a whole sale reboot

I DO

I think this is KINDA extreme?

but let have 10 years and see what happens.

WTF else was DC gonna do?

We not even sure with the Discovery merger streaming about to completely change?

what and WHERE DC will be in that time
What's so significant about the Discovery merger?

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Marvel usually test storylines out in the comics before it hits the MCU...

Captain Britain is a woman now in the comics...
His Twin Sister... Betsy Braddock aka X-Men's Psylocke

Excalibur_%28Vol._4%29_No._14_%28Sauz_Textless_Variant%29.png
Make him a man again and keep it moving. Most movie viewers don't read the comics anyway.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What's so significant about the Discovery merger?

BRo a WHOLE lot of the sh*t you being seeing is based on the previous AT&T merger and this impending merger

It will change everything

and if this Writer's strike happens?

You gonna see how ALL these media conglomerates are seriously effected

Streaming has NOT been the cash cow they THOUGHT it would be.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Marvel usually test storylines out in the comics before it hits the MCU...

Captain Britain is a woman now in the comics...
His Twin Sister... Betsy Braddock aka X-Men's Psylocke

Excalibur_%28Vol._4%29_No._14_%28Sauz_Textless_Variant%29.png
In recent times, the characters they test out in comics bomb but they still insist on bringing them to film. They don't seem to be operating in a rational manner.

All this shit getting crazy.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
ROCKY HE GOT ME ON THE ROPES!!!!!

but but the regime changes SURELY had SOMETHING to do with this!
With what? This was done

They put it out and probably told him hey rock this ain't it

The 1st person to hire me or consult me is gonna be winning Oscars and go on a Pixar run I promise

I knew it was garbage from the music choice in the trailer
Knew it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
With what? This was done

They put it out and probably told him hey rock this ain't it

The 1st person to hire me or consult me is gonna be winning Oscars and go on a Pixar run I promise

I knew it was garbage from the music choice in the trailer
Knew it.

all facts

YOU DID

and I REMEMBER many ARGUED with you too.

Is that kinda crazy though?

How the HELL you knew from the gawd damn MUSIC CHOICE in the TRAILER that the movie was gonna suck?
smolder-smoldering.gif

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, this like Law and Order. He brought it up. :lol: Opened up the door when he said the M word testing things out in their comics.

But yeah, DC been bombing comics too. Shit, they just a mess.

I don't think its fair to compare them at least RIGHT NOW

fans complaining about PHASE 4?!??!

PHASE 4

wrap your head around the fact DC aint even on phase one yet.

How the f*ck we comparing?

they aint DOING the same things

hell they aint even in the same business at this point

You cant COMPARE a so called Marvel flop to a DC flop?

And even a DC success?

What IS that?

When they STILL have absolutely NO brand loyalty or trust?

that HAS value you know.

We trying to help DC here

Feige just fine right now.

Just watch.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I don't think its fair to compare them at least RIGHT NOW

fans complaining about PHASE 4?!??!

PHASE 4

wrap your head around the fact DC aint even on phase one yet.

How the f*ck we comparing?

they aint DOING the same things

hell they aint even in the same business at this point

You cant COMPARE a so called Marvel flop to a DC flop?

And even a DC success?

What IS that?

When they STILL have absolutely NO brand loyalty or trust?

that HAS value you know.

We trying to help DC here

Feige just fine right now.

Just watch.
Man, DC just fucked themselves. When that baby Superman shits the bed, you are going to have the time of your life. :lol: Only thing hype related that had was Henry.

Also, your boy Feige getting some soft words right now. Fans ain't the only ones complaining about Phase 4. And if they really did push that Stranger Worlds budget to a recent movie that might just see 800 million they really ain't happy. But he is in way better shape than DC.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, DC just fucked themselves. When that baby Superman shits the bed, you are going to have the time of your life. :lol: Only thing hype related that had was Henry.

Also, your boy Feige getting some soft words right now. Fans ain't the only ones complaining about Phase 4. And if they really did push that Stranger Worlds budget to a recent movie that might just see 800 million they really ain't happy. But he is in way better shape than DC.

I'm saying though bro

so we gonna IGNORE the FIRST 3 PHASES?

WTF you doing?

When DC finishes ONE PHASE?

Call me.

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I'm saying though bro

so we gonna IGNORE the FIRST 3 PHASES?

WTF you doing?

When finishes ONE PHASE?

Call me.
Never ignored the first 3 phases. That is what he living off now --- and rightfully the fuck so. Just saying your boy might get that Russell Wilson treatment if shit don't start getting back to those first 3 phases.

But since D.C. just Cleveland Brown'd themselves, you should be happy. How do you think D.C. fixes this? I'm curious. I just think the same egos make these folks do what they do can also be their downfalls.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Never ignored the first 3 phases. That is what he living off now --- and rightfully the fuck so. Just saying your boy might get that Russell Wilson treatment if shit don't start getting back to those first 3 phases.

But since D.C. just Cleveland Brown'd themselves, you should be happy. How do you think D.C. fixes this? I'm curious. I just think the same egos make these folks do what they do can also be their downfalls.

you really need to work on your comparisons and analogies.

Again he aint win just ONE chip bro

he got rings and he did in 2 leagues

movies and TV

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I don't take joy in Anyone getting fired or failing bro I don't do that.

you cannot BE in that business on THAT level without an ego

sports media entertainment finance

you NEED that EGO.

DC will be fine.

I like Gunn he KNOWS his comics

real talk I was a DC kid coming up.

I am truly baffled they been fumbling for so long.

@largebillsonlyplease could fix this ALL in 4 years

no bullsh*t no exaggeration

facts.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Alllllll that shit counts

I watch bad movies for sport

Hold on

You actually believe a BETTER trailer would have HELPED the movie?

What did u think of the Rock leaking the Superman cameo the way he did?

Could all of this have been salvaged?

Despite the actual movie being bad?

Which I still contend is mind-boggling after 10 years in development.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Hold on

You actually believe a BETTER trailer would have HELPED the movie?

What did u think of the Rock leaking the Superman cameo the way he did?

Could all of this have been salvaged?

Despite the actual movie being bad?

Which I still contend is mind-boggling after 10 years in development.
Not helped
Just the trailer being bad let me know what time it was for the movie

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
BRo a WHOLE lot of the sh*t you being seeing is based on the previous AT&T merger and this impending merger

It will change everything

and if this Writer's strike happens?

You gonna see how ALL these media conglomerates are seriously effected

Streaming has NOT been the cash cow they THOUGHT it would be.

Truth be told, I'm way more likely to watch free streaming sites like Tubi, Freevee, Plex, RokuTV, Pluto, etc than the paid streaming. When I had Netflix and HBO Max, I found myself watching relatively little of the content available.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Lol no
Every character gets a start.
Iron man came out of nowhere no lead up and launched 20 years of movies

No excuses
You did see Stark in The Incredible Hulk though. It wasn't much but the MCU hadn't really been established yet so it was all that was needed.

Meanwhile, the DCEU has going on for some years now. Black Adam the character should've been introduced more slowly.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Truth be told, I'm way more likely to watch free streaming sites like Tubi, Freevee, Plex, RokuTV, Pluto, etc than the paid streaming. When I had Netflix and HBO Max, I found myself watching relatively little of the content available.

Wow really?

That is worth a completely seperate thread debate

I get commercials on some hulu stuff.

Sometimes it irrates me most times? I don't notice.

Freevee for some reason THOSE ads don't distract me much. Not sure why.

Tubi roku etc... yeah it's distracting

And reminds me of cable

Sidebar?

Why did everyone drop cable?

Cause this sh*t is more expensive and shows and movies keep disappearing.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
you really need to work on your comparisons and analogies.

Again he aint win just ONE chip bro

he got rings and he did in 2 leagues

movies and TV

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Analogy is fine. I'ts about 'what have you done for me lately'.

I'm a bit more objective about this when compared to you. I could not care less about Feige, Gunn, or any of them. Real talk, there YouTubers and fan filmers who are just as creative.

We got all the receipts for recent Disney/Marvel shit and they ain't good. Fans getting yelled at. Shows not holding up or helping the streaming(Disney counts promotions as subscribers and lost 1.5 billion in a quarter). The returns on films ain't hitting(800 for BP2 would be terrible if they moved over that Stranger Worlds budget).

Think about it. Remove Spiderman and look at the reviews AND money(if money ain't following the reviews, something ain't right). Yeah, D.C. will kill for them but that ain't saying much.

I just want entertainment. I'd like Feige or whoever the fuck just to get it together. Apparently, so do all these financial people. DC shelving shit. Redos. And over at Marvel serious talks about the future direction after Phase 4 letdown.
I don't take joy in Anyone getting fired or failing bro I don't do that.

you cannot BE in that business on THAT level without an ego

sports media entertainment finance

you NEED that EGO.

DC will be fine.

I like Gunn he KNOWS his comics

real talk I was a DC kid coming up.

I am truly baffled they been fumbling for so long.

@largebillsonlyplease could fix this ALL in 4 years

no bullsh*t no exaggeration

facts.
I was just messing with you. I know you ain't on that taking pleasure in folks pain shit. That's for people like me. :lol:

I have no doubt Gunn knows comics. So do a lot of these people. The problem is will they have the balls to entertain? Will they put egos to the side? Will they take creative input from those who know as much or more? Perhaps the most important, will he listen to fans or attack them? Because putting out subpar shit and yelling seems to be the current trend.

I was Spiderman, Hulk, Batman, and Superman coming up. I remember the Superfriends show(and wanting more Black Vulcan and less wonder twins). Spiderman tv movies. Hulk on Friday nights. So yeah, I just want all these fools to entertain me. I don't win when they fail at producing.

Now this is funny.:roflmao: So Henry allegedly left the Witcher over writers disrespecting the source marterial and he is about to do something with Amazon? If Warhammer doesn't fit with the writers view, they are about to completely disrespect the material. So Henry going to sit there and just take the check? Don't blame him, just funny after the Witcher shit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Analogy is fine. I'ts about 'what have you done for me lately'.

I'm a bit more objective about this when compared to you. I could not care less about Feige, Gunn, or any of them. Real talk, there YouTubers and fan filmers who are just as creative.

We got all the receipts for recent Disney/Marvel shit and they ain't good. Fans getting yelled at. Shows not holding up or helping the streaming(Disney counts promotions as subscribers and lost 1.5 billion in a quarter). The returns on films ain't hitting(800 for BP2 would be terrible if they moved over that Stranger Worlds budget).

Think about it. Remove Spiderman and look at the reviews AND money(if money ain't following the reviews, something ain't right). Yeah, D.C. will kill for them but that ain't saying much.

I just want entertainment. I'd like Feige or whoever the fuck just to get it together. Apparently, so do all these financial people. DC shelving shit. Redos. And over at Marvel serious talks about the future direction after Phase 4 letdown.

I was just messing with you. I know you ain't on that taking pleasure in folks pain shit. That's for people like me. :lol:

I have no doubt Gunn knows comics. So do a lot of these people. The problem is will they have the balls to entertain? Will they put egos to the side? Will they take creative input from those who know as much or more? Perhaps the most important, will he listen to fans or attack them? Because putting out subpar shit and yelling seems to be the current trend.

I was Spiderman, Hulk, Batman, and Superman coming up. I remember the Superfriends show(and wanting more Black Vulcan and less wonder twins). Spiderman tv movies. Hulk on Friday nights. So yeah, I just want all these fools to entertain me. I don't win when they fail at producing.

Now this is funny.:roflmao: So Henry allegedly left the Witcher over writers disrespecting the source marterial and he is about to do something with Amazon? If Warhammer doesn't fit with the writers view, they are about to completely disrespect the material. So Henry going to sit there and just take the check? Don't blame him, just funny after the Witcher shit.

Hold on see you one of my favorites on here

But I never read your posts in real time

cause you drop that bullsh*t hot take in the first line

Then I tap out.

Your career on ESPN is waiting my friend.

Your analogies do be strained.

But to say youtubers are more creative in comparison to Feige and Gunn?

Nah we can't talk.

That just hater juice.

I don't do that.

I respect success and hard work

And as someone I KNOW who understands what is to be a creative you can't ever even say that especially based on there track record.

You on time out.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Hold on see you one of my favorites on here

But I never read your posts in real time

cause you drop that bullsh*t hot take in the first line

Then I tap out.

Your career on ESPN is waiting my friend.

Your analogies do be strained.

But to say youtubers are more creative in comparison to Feige and Gunn?

Nah we can't talk.

That just hater juice.

I don't do that.

I respect success and hard work

And as someone I KNOW who understands what is to be a creative you can't ever even say that especially based on there track record.

You on time out.
My man, you just said largebills could fix DC.(and I ain't disagreeing) Is that not saying he is just as creative as these cats? Is that hater juice or as you said FACTS? I said that there are YouTubers and fan filmers JUST as creative. So what did you and I say different?

Put it another way, do you not think if Largebills has the budget of Marvel or DC he could put out shit just as good as Feige or Gunn. If you answer yes, is that hating on Feige or Gunn? Hell no. It's just speaking to the fact there are a number of creatives and funding seperates them.

Not that @largebillsonlyplease has the time, but I bet he could do a Blade short story that would be better than the PG13 Blade and film ain't even out. That's how confident I am in what I say. Shit, I bet @godofwine could do it too. I bet both of them could have came with a She-Hulk series that would have got more love than the 2021 Spiderman movie. I know it ain't DC/Marvel, but what could they have done with $1 billion Amazon just lit on fire? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Let me say that again. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.

You know better than anyone that there are plenty of creatives walking the earth. The only difference is FUNDING and those cacs got the right connections to get to it and we are at the mercy of what they put out. Feige did his thing. No arguments. Can't take it away. But perhaps we need new blood. I don't know.