Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
First off you know I'm messing with you bro.

But seriously.... I do take that stuff about people doing other people jobs seriously

Bills CAN do that job. I SEEN it.

I never said those 2 were wack though.

to dismiss those 2 men specifically

Regardless of race

Is wrong.

You can do that and anyone else up here that's fine

But I have been around way to many people in the industry to throw that type of comment around casually

Bro I've been asked to throw my hat in recently on a project connected with WB by way of titmouse.

I was shocked how much talent was straight off socia

I hear you but are we REALLY?

like I said this is a seoerate topic

A good one to discuss

I may have to pursue separately
Yeah man, if it comes off as downplaying their success, I'm not. We see folks getting budgets and turning out garbage. Kennedy and Star Wars is an example. So yeah, it takes talent to translate the characters/stories to screen, but damn if a lot of the heavy lifting isn't done by those who made the characters/stories. I am just saying thoese people are much more common than we are lead to believe. And it's obvious that some(like Kennedy) get to eat off past projects even when they should be starved out. :angry:

I know you will crush that project if given the chance. I have more confidence in some of you cats than I do the folks these studios giving millions to. She-Hulk had a $25 million per episode budget? :eek::eek: It's criminal that fat Asian lady was allowed to set all that money on fire and cats in this very thread would have crushed it with half that money.

Quiet as kept, there are some indie comic creators I met through the NFT hype. I was amazed at the amount of fucking talent out here. I wasn't hip to the indie comic scene, just D.C/Marvel. I started going down that rabbit hole in 21. So I don't have the same experience as you cats, but I know for sure there is a surplus of talent out here that ain't eating because they lack connections and funding.

That's why I act the way I do about this shit. I'm hot seeing how the gatekeepers are acting and what they are producing of late.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Cable is just paying to be bent over a table and fucked. Definitely cut the chord.

I like free shit plus there are the free apps have interesting stuff and old shows I liked but never finished watching (e.g. Highlander)

I pay for cable.

With cable you aren’t paying for content, you are paying for convenience.

There are no passwords, buffering, waiting for something to launch or setup.

You just sit your ass on the couch, pickup the remote and there it is.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah man, if it comes off as downplaying their success, I'm not. We see folks getting budgets and turning out garbage. Kennedy and Star Wars is an example. So yeah, it takes talent to translate the characters/stories to screen, but damn if a lot of the heavy lifting isn't done by those who made the characters/stories. I am just saying thoese people are much more common than we are lead to believe. And it's obvious that some(like Kennedy) get to eat off past projects even when they should be starved out. :angry:

I know you will crush that project if given the chance. I have more confidence in some of you cats than I do the folks these studios giving millions to. She-Hulk had a $25 million per episode budget? :eek::eek: It's criminal that fat Asian lady was allowed to set all that money on fire and cats in this very thread would have crushed it with half that money.

Quiet as kept, there are some indie comic creators I met through the NFT hype. I was amazed at the amount of fucking talent out here. I wasn't hip to the indie comic scene, just D.C/Marvel. I started going down that rabbit hole in 21. So I don't have the same experience as you cats, but I know for sure there is a surplus of talent out here that ain't eating because they lack connections and funding.

That's why I act the way I do about this shit. I'm hot seeing how the gatekeepers are acting and what they are producing of late.
Damn, 225 million for that. Wow. Someone should be fired behind that lol

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
I pay for cable.

With cable you aren’t paying for content, you are paying for convenience.

There are no passwords, buffering, waiting for something to launch or setup.

You just sit your ass on the couch, pickup the remote and there it is.
I found myself watching YouTube, HBO Max, and On Demand through my cable box, despite having a smart TV, and watching free stuff on my Firestick rather than watching whatever was showing on cable.

It became pointless and redundant and, TBH, no more convenient since I could just say the name of my show to Alexa and it would pop up.

Honestly, the only thing I kinda miss is MSNBC which is less convenient to get now but still possible.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I found myself watching YouTube, HBO Max, and On Demand through my cable box, despite having a smart TV, and watching free stuff on my Firestick rather than watching whatever was showing on cable.

It became pointless and redundant and, TBH, no more convenient since I could just say the name of my show to Alexa and it would pop up.

Honestly, the only thing I kinda miss is MSNBC which is less convenient to get now but still possible.

Wow...

If I was any of these media platform I would pay you 1000 plus free cable for 6 months. To get to monitor your viewing habits.

Because I believe you may be more of the norm

My viewing habits are different but I don't want to further derail.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
James Gunn isn’t that dope.
The idiotic reaction from Snyder fans is exactly why DC needs to rid itself of the stench of that shitty attempt at a franchise. Man of style was trash, cavil can barely act, batflek was terrible, gal Gadot can barely speak English, don't get me started on aquabro and they flash...the amount of shitty movies accompanied by an even shittier fan base we've had to deal with for the last however many years is finally coming to an end. #KillTheSnyderVerse

James gun has done wonders with B-C list characters, glad we have an actually talented filmmakers heading DC

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Wow...

If I was any of these media platform I would pay you 1000 plus free cable for 6 months. To get to monitor your viewing habits.

Because I believe you may be more of the norm

My viewing habits are different but I don't want to further derail.
Ironically after reading what y'all have been writing on the topic, I was thinking I was the odd one. I mean in this thread that might be the case but, like you said, what I'm doing might be the trend now.

That said, even if someone is less extreme, for lack of a better word, than I am I believe a lot of people are both cutting the cord and being very selective about which streaming services to pay for. If you end up subscribing to all the streaming that's out there, you're basically back at cable again as far expense is concerned.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
James Gunn isn’t that dope.
Gotta Disagree with you on that, been a fan since the dawn of the dead slither days, Dude made one of if not the best marvel movie in guardian 1 imo hell they've been trying to milk the tone of that movie in the MCU(and other franchises) ever since, super was great, peacemaker was excellent and he made John Cena seem like a competent actor, the suicide squad was the single best thing to come out of the mess of a universe Snyder created and this was all done with c list characters. Shout out to anyone who remembers lollipop chainsaw which he wrote(made me wish they'd give him buffy) The guy actually writes and directs vs Snyder who just makes everything slow motion lol He's not Steven Spielberg or James Cameron but the upgrade from Snyder is clear imo :yes: either way I'm just glad the snyderverse can finally go away, and with it the snyderverse fans can fade into memory.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So the shit The Rock thought would totally change the paradigm of the DCEU just turned out to be its swan song. That has to hurt. :lol:
DC =

life-no-life.gif

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Gotta Disagree with you on that, been a fan since the dawn of the dead slither days, Dude made one of if not the best marvel movie in guardian 1 imo hell they've been trying to milk the tone of that movie in the MCU(and other franchises) ever since, super was great, peacemaker was excellent and he made John Cena seem like a competent actor, the suicide squad was the single best thing to come out of the mess of a universe Snyder created and this was all done with c list characters. Shout out to anyone who remembers lollipop chainsaw which he wrote(made me wish they'd give him buffy) The guy actually writes and directs vs Snyder who just makes everything slow motion lol He's not Steven Spielberg or James Cameron but the upgrade from Snyder is clear imo :yes: either way I'm just glad the snyderverse can finally go away, and with it the snyderverse fans can fade into memory.
Well said. I liked Slither and the GoTG films have been my favorite part of the MCU.

He's better than both Snyder and Waititi. He has a better sense of reining himself in than Waititi does as well but he can still get a little kookier than even I like sometimes but it's usually very minor compared to how good his films are.

He's a true auteur filmmaker and comic films haven't had anything like an auteur since Ang Lee did Hulk in '03.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ironically after reading what y'all have been writing on the topic, I was thinking I was the odd one. I mean in this thread that might be the case but, like you said, what I'm doing might be the trend now.

That said, even if someone is less extreme, for lack of a better word, than I am I believe a lot of people are both cutting the cord and being very selective about which streaming services to pay for. If you end up subscribing to all the streaming that's out there, you're basically back at cable again as far expense is concerned.

That's exactly what we saying

And APPARENTLY that is the doomsday scenario every one in the business is predicting.

I will post an excellent podcast on this topic later.

I think we gotta transition to this thread

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sound crazy.
Guardians Part 1 was ok.
Guardians Part 2 sucked
The Suicide Squad sucked.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Right now, the general age of subscribers to cable/satellite are Baby Boomers and Gen X.

They are the generations that remember when there was just 3 networks plus PBS to watch on TV. So when cable/satellite came in, it was like a Christmas miracle. Those two generations (I am Gen X) will be the last cable/satellite subscribers.

Baby Boobers are now the Seniors in this country and slowly dying off, Gen X starts hitting their retirement years in 2030 and will be pretty much non-existent by 2050. By then nobody will be paying for cable/satellite. Cable/Satellite will be history like VHS and Cassette tapes.

Even streaming will have its end most likely in the coming decades as technology advances. You young cats into streaming, the day will come when you are older and the younger generations will be clowning you for streaming.

HaHa!!! :cool:

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Right now, the general age of subscribers to cable/satellite are Baby Boomers and Gen X.

They are the generations that remember when there was just 3 networks plus PBS to watch on TV. So when cable/satellite came in, it was like a Christmas miracle. Those two generations (I am Gen X) will be the last cable/satellite subscribers.

Baby Boobers are now the Seniors in this country and slowly dying off, Gen X starts hitting their retirement years in 2030 and will be pretty much non-existent by 2050. By then nobody will be paying for cable/satellite. Cable/Satellite will be history like VHS and Cassette tapes.

Even streaming will have its end most likely in the coming decades as technology advances. You young cats into streaming, the day will come when you are older and the younger generations will be clowning you for streaming.

The funny thing is my Baby Boomer mom has now cut the cord and loves streaming. She has both Roku and Firestick. She mostly streams YouTube but also watches stuff like the Game Show Network.

Change or die, fam.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

Wintentiref is going on!!!???

Now they going out they way to f*ck with Rocky

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Jesus christ. The memories. Me and the ol' lady were just talking about that. When TV went off air at 2am with the national anthem. Cable started at 8pm. Yeah, we remember all that shit yet were some of the first cord cutters in 2010. We refuse to be like most people who don't adapt. If newer and better comes along, we are on it.

I run plex off seedbox for the family, so to us even the streaming crowd is old school. Streaming already got people by the nuts like cable, yet it ain't profitable for the studios. To us early cord cutters, watching these slick bastards transition the hustle in real time is crazy.

It's ironic. These greedy bastards would have been better just licensing content to Netflix. Now they scrambling to monetize the shit with ads because they bleeding money. Greed is a bitch.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Jesus christ. The memories. Me and the ol' lady were just talking about that. When TV went off air at 2am with the national anthem. Cable started at 8pm. Yeah, we remember all that shit yet were some of the first cord cutters in 2010. We refuse to be like most people who don't adapt. If newer and better comes along, we are on it.

I run plex off seedbox for the family, so to us even the streaming crowd is old school. Streaming already got people by the nuts like cable, yet it ain't profitable for the studios. To us early cord cutters, watching these slick bastards transition the hustle in real time is crazy.

It's ironic. These greedy bastards would have been better just licensing content to Netflix. Now they scrambling to monetize the shit with ads because they bleeding money. Greed is a bitch.

My sons are 18 and 16. They were born after 2000.

They and kids in there generation think it’s stupid to pay for streaming along with other things us older generations pay for like mortgages, car financing/leasing.

I took my oldest son with me on the road in my truck earlier this year. He was shocked with the amount of paperwork I had to do. He was under the assumption we did everything on the computer.

Even the idea of working a “9 to 5” job, clocking in on these jobs with lousy benefits seems dumb to them and their generation.

Basically if you from the generations born in the 20th century, everything you are doing seems dumb and a waste of time and money to them.

These young people born after 2000, they weren’t born with an umbilical cord. They were born with a USB cord plugged into “The Matrix”.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Respect though. Just teasing bro.
However Gunn isn’t Feige. He is selfish.
Same, you homeless drunken racist clown(jk) :giggle:

But to your point Feige isn't a creative he's a business man(and when he tries we get scenes like "Captain America fucked" in she hulk which was his idea.) jon favrau and joss whedon set the tone of the MCU, joss laid the groundwork for the shared universe and went around re writing scripts to add a cohesive story (like he did with Buffy and angel long ago) Jon's direction set the look and feel/acting with iron man, joss then showed to world how to make a properly balanced superhero team up movie with avengers 1. On the other hand Without Bob iger feige has run the MCUs reputation into the ground faster than anyone thought possible lol imo he's one of the all time overrated lucky sons of bitches In Hollywood history, a male version of Kathleen Kennedy. :giggle:

I'm excited to see what an actual creative will do when given the keys to the kingdom, should be Interesting.

But overall, I am just glad the snyderverse sleeps with the fishes.