Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
These DC movies tend to REALLY neuter their characters. They did this with Wonder Woman who was a shell of herself in damn near 4 different movies. Dr Fate is a god of Order and he was used more like a fortune teller!

What I don't get is Dwayne was a producer for the Shazam movie and did practically everything in his power to separate himself and Black Adam from Shazam. Gambled on setting up some kind of a fight between Black Adam and Superman which wouldn't work as Superman doesn't do well against magic villains. This was like someone reading very little source material and trying to make a 10 year plan off of it.
Shazam isn't usually part of the Justice League but let's say they made him part of it in DCEU, perhaps the JL was there help out after Black Adam gave Sam that work, then I could see a Superman-Black Adam encounter. They just went about the wrong way.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
One thing that lady mentioned in the youtube video: These actors have coaches and are constantly working this muscle out... The Rock is working the wrong muscles.

Look the rock origin story is the American Dream

It's insane

Up there with Lebron Williams sisters tiger ball Brothers etc etc etc

He is in that rare air... he is a true MOVIE STAR by definition.

That smile that glare that eyebrow that voice that charisma that physique

Is pure box office gold

You can't MAKE that.

He CAN act. He can.

I seen it.

But he gotta take a risk.

The Thing is his role

That will redefine his entire career.

Darkseid is HIS role

he NEEDS to hire that youtube chick to be on his team. I'm serious

She sees him not as he is not what he wants to be but his best damn self.

The Rock as Darkseid is insane.

I don't care if you have to retrofit him as Black Adam TURNS INTO Darkseid

Cause you KNOW Rocky gonna fight tooth and nail NOT to be a COMPLETE villian.

I don't care.

Have Josh Brolin call him to explain how it feels to be Thanos. And how kids LOVE HIM. And how his already great career was elevated.

With all the make up and everything it is enough of a separation to not HURT his "BRAND".

He can STILL be the hero.

He can be Colossus or Bishop or STEEL or even Gladiator @ @ViCiouS

We not even thinking independent comics

Hell he could be Doc Savage.

He just has to take a chance.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's insane

Is pure box office gold

You can't MAKE that.

He CAN act. He can.

I seen it.

The Thing is his role

Darkseid is HIS role

I don't care.

Have Josh Brolin call him to explain how it feels to be Thanos. And how kids LOVE HIM. And how his already great career was elevated.

With all the make up and everything it is enough of a separation to not HURT his "BRAND".

Again acting is a muscle, you say he can act. I ask you what movie would that have been in? Cause it has been so long and so many Fast and Furious, Skyscraper movies that he hasn't had to use that muscle. That shyt is in atrophy. Very little difference between Hobbs and Black Adam and that is a FCUKING SIN!!!!!

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shazam isn't usually part of the Justice League but let's say they made him part of it in DCEU, perhaps the JL was there help out after Black Adam gave Sam that work, then I could see a Superman-Black Adam encounter. They just went about the wrong way.

Shazam is apart of the JL, he isn't a core member Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter/Cyborg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Now that you mention it, he never really would play a heel for very long in the WWE either. His character was always cocky but he always had to be a cocky face.

Yup

And trust I get it

Wwf Rock is probably my all time favorite

Rock is our generation superhero

No marvel no dc needed.

But he got to many clunkers on his resume.

It's time to do the damn thing

Maybe he need to build with Ryan Reynolds I like how he built his career.

Rock gotta understand its 2022/2023

The audience will accept him as the bad guy

Like will Smith should have done the matrix and Django and was actually good as dead shot.

Rocky was good as Black Adam.

But imagine him in Shazam and him TEACHING Captain Marvel about VIOLENCE.

And them fighting over who gets to have ALL the power.

How a child like THAT should not be champion.

There was so MUCH there to develop.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Again acting is a muscle, you say he can act. I ask you what movie would that have been in? Cause it has been so long and so many Fast and Furious, Skyscraper movies that he hasn't had to use that muscle. That shyt is in atrophy. Very little difference between Hobbs and Black Adam and that is a FCUKING SIN!!!!!

Be Cool
Snitch
Pain Gain

And I don't think it's fair to penalize a movie star for BEING a movie star.

That sh*t ain't easy

Brad Pitt Tom Cruise Will Smith...

A lot of times it's THEM first

character SECOND

and I'm cool with that.

But that doesn't mean they aren't acting.

The Rock has reached the point where the AUDIENCE wants more.

And not even that much more

Every single movie superstar goes through this.

He just needs to find the role the project and do it right.

Like @largebillsonlyplease always says I got the answers but I ain't giving them out for free.

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor
A series but he acted pretty good in this.
ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZXJpZXMvUlRUVjE1NTA4OS53ZWJw

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Be Cool
Snitch
Pain Gain

And I don't think it's fair to penalize a movie star for BEING a movie star.

That sh*t ain't easy

Brad Pitt Tom Cruise Will Smith...

A lot of times it's THEM first

character SECOND

and I'm cool with that.

But that doesn't mean they aren't acting.

The Rock has reached the point where the AUDIENCE wants more.

And not even that much more

Every single movie superstar goes through this.

He just needs to find the role the project and do it right.

Like @largebillsonlyplease always says I got the answers but I ain't giving them out for free.

Be Cool 2005
Snitch 2013
Pain & Gain 2013
He's not working this muscle enough. Pierce Brosnan is a perfect example. It is safe to say that he phoned his performance in for this. We didn't need Remmington Steele Pierce Brosnan. He doesn't need to do any heavy lifting. But he will sandwich this role with something that will push him. All the actors you mentioned they have the movie that they have a summer home that needs to be paid for, but they also have a role that takes them out of their comfort zone. Not expecting the Rock to be Daniel Day Lewis, but he can't be mad when his movie flops with just a perfect storm of bad acting, horrible story and over controlling.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Be Cool 2005
Snitch 2013
Pain & Gain 2013
He's not working this muscle enough. Pierce Brosnan is a perfect example. It is safe to say that he phoned his performance in for this. We didn't need Remmington Steele Pierce Brosnan. He doesn't need to do any heavy lifting. But he will sandwich this role with something that will push him. All the actors you mentioned they have the movie that they have a summer home that needs to be paid for, but they also have a role that takes them out of their comfort zone. Not expecting the Rock to be Daniel Day Lewis, but he can't be mad when his movie flops with just a perfect storm of bad acting, horrible story and over controlling.

I agree overall

But I disagree with Pierce

EVERY role doesn't need you to use the method and lose 100 lbs

Pierce was GREAT.

Him and Hawkman were one of the most consistent highlights of the movie by most if not all critics.

He was supposed to be tired funny old been there done that laid back

It was the MOVIE (writers specifically) that phoned excuse me mailed excuse me message in a bottled it in.

Again I feel asleep I cannot give a full commentary until i seen it in its entirety

Last edited:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree overall

But I disagree with Pierce

EVERY role doesn't need you to use the method and lose 100 lbs

Pierce was GREAT.

Him and Hawkman were one of the most consistent highlights of the movie by most if not all critics.

He was supposed to be tired funny old been there done that laid back

It was the MOVIE (writers specifically) that phoned excuse it me mailed excuse me message in a bottled it in.

Again I feel asleep I cannot give a full commentary until i seen it in its entirety

And lets not let the directors off the hook! They're the one that is supposed to give direction and actors should be channeling for these roles.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

It's insane

Is pure box office gold

You can't MAKE that.

He CAN act. He can.

I seen it.

The Thing is his role

Darkseid is HIS role

I don't care.

no on Darkseid
Darkseid should never be written or played as a villain

imo - written properly that character demands an actor on par with Jeffery Wright, Hopkins, Malkovich, Ralph Fiennes...

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I'm going to tell you again - this guy cannot act. Placed in the proper context he is serviceable no more.

And blockbuster superhero movies are going to be cut way back. They don't have the cache anymore through no fault of their own. COVID changed the entire moviegoing experience.

Streaming is the future of superhero/comic-book characters with multiple series building to a big-screen movie resolution.

Now that the original Marvel actors are gone (RIP Chad) the only thing people want to see is Fan 4 and X-Men.

Sony managed to make Spidey boring somehow and DC simply can't get out of their own way. They have the 2 biggest franchises out there and we get one wack Bats and Supes movie after another. Think about it, the last time we had a good Supes movie was Chris Reid. You could argue that Nolan's Bats was good but Heath Ledger MADE that movie.

Wonder Woman was meh and Aquaman was worse.

Last edited:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm going to tell you again - this guy cannot act. Placed in the proper context he is serviceable no more.

And blockbuster superhero movies are going to be cut way back. They don't have the cache anymore through no fault of their own. COVID changed the entire moviegoing experience.

Streaming is the future of superhero/comic-book characters with multiple series building to a big-screen movie resolution.

Now that the original Marvel actors are gone (RIP Chad) the only thing people want to see is Fan 4 and X-Men.

Sony managed to make Spidey boring somehow and DC simply can't get out of their own way. They have the 2 biggest franchises out there and we get one wack Bats and Sipes movie after another. Think about it, the last time we had a good Supes movie was Chris Reid. You could argue that Nolan's Bats was good but Heath Ledger MADE that movie.

Wonder Woman was meh and Aquaman was worse.

images

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
no on Darkseid
Darkseid should never be written or played as a villain

imo - written properly that character demands an actor on par with Jeffery Wright, Hopkins, Malkovich, Ralph Fiennes...

Bro but to the general public especially the Snyder herd that IS WHAT HE IS.

As a WRITER?

Of course not

Every "villian " is the HERO of his own story and should always be developed as one

That's writing 101

You keep thinking like a creative but keep claiming you ain't one?

And your a damn good one (if you want it)

And that's why I think the Roch SHOULD pursue this. He CAN act

With the right director right script right cast?

He could make this generation actually understand and sympathize with an iconic villian

Much better than God butcher.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Brown was in 1954. Little Rock in 1957. U of Alabama in 1963.

And then the flood. Blacks demanded and acquired a better education. Suddenly schools (mainly colleges) were offering Afrikan Studies and other Afro-centric courses. With the Civil Rights Acts, even more momentum was added to the flow. white people knew they couldn't stop the flow, but they could divert it or slow it. With the defection of the dixiecrats the reichpublicans began planning their takeover of this country. They had/have a multipronged attack plan, one fact of which is de-emphasizing public education; especially higher education. This has resulted in the well-documented dumbing-down of america.

What does this have to do with movies? Superhero movies specifically? I'm glad you asked.

Movies are a business. They are made to make money for everyone involved. And like every business the lower the overhead the greater the profit. Why spend for a really good actor when you can throw some schlub in there and use FX?
And just like the American public has been dumbed-down intellectually, so has the moviegoing public been dumbed-down so they can't even tell good acting from bad.

You see the model the reichpublicans developed works on so many things on so many levels. Music is another example. People don't even know what real instruments sound like anymore. Nor do they know the difference between shitty 128 kbps and lossless or Hi-Res.

Music videos have shortened attention spans until quick cuts and wipes are not only accepted but expected. Some rapper or athlete does a 2-minute take with massive FX, CGI, and post and people suddenly think he's Laurence Olivier.

Like what you like, it's fine. no judgments here. But please don't try to tell me I'm looking at a Ferrari when I know it's a Yugo.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Speaking of Shazam,I saw it for the first time Monday evening and I enjoy it alot. It was a fun movie to watch.It almost made me forget that disaster that's called Black Adam.....

It was just OK tto me

my primary isssue was they forgot the main part of Shazam / Captain Marel is that he is a CHILD in a MAN's BODY

they dd NOT explaore that enough

I think it had more to do with the writers and director than the actor though

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Speaking of Shazam,I saw it for the first time Monday evening and I enjoy it alot. It was a fun movie to watch.It almost made me forget that disaster that's called Black Adam.....

Personally, I think Shazam is a terrible character for live screen. Especially as a franchise. A grown man pretending to be a kid? That's cringeworthy. Cheesy & awkward at best. What happens as the kid grows up? Then you have a man pretending to be a bigger man?

They got 1 movie of Stephen King's It before the kids no longer looked like themselves. So much they had to de-age them in the sequel. Shazam might be a great CGI movie with the right writers behind it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Personally, I think Shazam is a terrible character for live screen. Especially as a franchise. A grown man pretending to be a kid? That's cringeworthy. Cheesy & awkward at best. What happens as the kid grows up? Then you have a man pretending to be a bigger man?

They got 1 movie of Stephen King's It before the kids no longer looked like themselves. So much they had to de-age them in the sequel. Shazam might be a great CGI movie with the right writers behind it.

wait what?

Its a kid pretending to be a grown man hero

and this is not a new concept at all.

Last edited:

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wait what?

Its a kid pretending to be a grown man hero

and this is not a new concept at all.

I don't disagree completely. But to me it's awkward & cheesy. I thought Shazam was corny. The superhero acted more like a kid than the child actor. Live action movies take a long time to develop. Children grow up. Just from the trailer of Shazam 2. Unless they filmed Shazam 2 & 3 back-to-back. That won't be a kid anymore in Shazam 3 if it sees the light of day. It'll be a man playing a bigger man. And isn't the whole point of the character is that he's a kid?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't disagree completely. But to me it's awkward & cheesy. I thought Shazam was corny. The superhero acted more like a kid than the child actor. Live action movies take a long time to develop. Children grow up. Just from the trailer of Shazam 2. Unless they filmed Shazam 2 & 3 back-to-back. That won't be a kid anymore in Shazam 3 if it sees the light of day. It'll be a man playing a bigger man. And isn't the whole point of the character is that he's a kid?

I completely agree with this part.