Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Truth be told, I'm way more likely to watch free streaming sites like Tubi, Freevee, Plex, RokuTV, Pluto, etc than the paid streaming. When I had Netflix and HBO Max, I found myself watching relatively little of the content available.

But were you supplementing with “BGOL Cinema”?

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
i feel bad for Cavil
but i dont get all the support

real talk for the most part his superman sucked (it wasnt his fault) but what are fans rooting for?
do they want him to get a fair shot or is this residual synderverse incels being the vocal minority online?

imo, man of steel and the original 1978 donner superman duo were the best superman movies. most people don't know that the superman and superman 2 movies were filmed at the same time. also the original superman movie has a run time of 3 hours.

superman
superman 2
man of steel

and it is close to me. i would actually make an argument that they are equal.

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
You sound crazy.
Guardians Part 1 was ok.
Guardians Part 2 sucked
The Suicide Squad sucked.

absolutely. i agree with this whole heartedly.

if the dceu is about to turn into white boy dick and ball jokes. they can keep that shit.

both suicide squad movies were awful. that spinoff bullshit with john cena was even worse.

at least snyder took the material seriously. i don't do white boy humor. at all.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Marvel has hopefully also learned with Phase 4 that this juvenile white boy humor and over indexing on SJW is not the way.

Phase 4 overall was not great with a couple of exceptions.

That duo of dumpster fires of Thor 4 and She Hulk put an exclamation point on the mess.

Marvel and DC need to learn from the drastic mistakes of Phase 4.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
imo, man of steel and the original 1977 donner superman duo were the best superman movies. most people don't know that the superman and superman 2 were filmed at the same time. also the original superman movie has a run time of 3 hours.

superman
superman 2
man of steel

and it is close to me. i would actually make an argument that they are equal.

I have to watch man of steel again

Because people I really respect like you SWEAR it's the greatest Superman movie ever or one of.

In the moment I just couldn't see it

I think the killing of zod and then his father's death immediately threw me off to the point I thought it was just another attempt to "modernize" and "darken" an iconic figure AGAIN.

but over the break I'm going to try to watch MOS uninterrupted and with an open mind

Cause to ME?

No one f*cking with Superman 1 and 2

No one.

And ummmm

Christopher Reeves RIP >>>>>>>>

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
I wasted,two hours of my life on this movie...

It's so bad that I couldn't get pass the first 20 minutes last night then decided to watch another 20 minutes,two hours later... I had to finish it today....:puke::puke::puke::puke:
My thoughts exactly. Everything after fake Ant-Man is a blur because I likely fell asleep and will probably have to rewatch it to see if my opinion on it changes which I doubt. I'm not lijely to rewatch it either.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Marvel has hopefully also learned with Phase 4 that this juvenile white boy humor and over indexing on SJW is not the way.

Phase 4 overall was not great with a couple of exceptions.

That duo of dumpster fires of Thor 4 and She Hulk put an exclamation point on the mess.

Marvel and DC need to learn from the drastic mistakes of Phase 4.
DCEU would love to have MCU's Phase 4 considering the predicament they're in.

Thor made three times its budget rather than just a few million over it that The Rock was bragging about for Black Adam.

Now Phase 4 wasn't the best phase, but it's leaps and bounds over anything DC has done.

BTW, its funny that you're against "white boy humor" but have no problem using white boy vernacular with "SJW." Their the ones who made that stupid shit popular.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Thor made three times its budget rather than just a few million over it that The Rock was bragging about for Black Adam.

Now Phase 4 wasn't the best phase, but it's leaps and bounds over anything DC has done.

BTW, its funny that you're against "white boy humor" but have no problem using white boy vernacular with "SJW." Their the ones who made that stupid shit popular.
Did you figure marketing into that budget? Total is somewhere around $400 million for that bullshit when marketing is included. Hell, let's knock it down to $350 million with the marketing just to go for the optimistic route. Think it brought in $750 million or so. So how much you think they made on that shit profit after splitting with the theaters? $50 million? 60?

Yeah, D.C. would love that to only make 50 instead of losing 100. But turning only $50 million profit after all that money spent isn't what Disney is used to with Marvel products.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

i almost agree on all accounts including the SJW comment.

the exception i take is man of steel and the snyder cut of justice league.

even a broken clock, in this case dumb ass white boys, is right twice a day.

Last edited:

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think the Darkseid idea would be brilliant. Show little emotion. Stand around menacingly. Limited acting requirements. But still be a badass who never is truly in trouble. Perfect for Dwayne.

And he would be the central focus of that phase of films. Ego inflation fulfilled. I doubt they'd approach him for the role. And I doubt he'd accept it. Heavy makeup. Plus, he'd still probably want control over everything as an overarching villain.

I highly doubt Marvel wants anything to do for him. He's an action star who has yet to truly crush the box office as the main headliner. You could equal the return with an unknown. The property is the draw. As well as the good will built over the last 15 years.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think the Darkseid idea would be brilliant. Show little emotion. Stand around menacingly. Limited acting requirements. But still be a badass who never is truly in trouble. Perfect for Dwayne.

And he would be the central focus of that phase of films. Ego inflation fulfilled. I doubt they'd approach him for the role. And I doubt he'd accept it. Heavy makeup. Plus, he'd still probably want control over everything as an overarching villain.

I highly doubt Marvel wants anything to do for him. He's an action star who has yet to truly crush the box office as the main headliner. You could equal the return with an unknown. The property is the draw. As well as the good will built over the last 15 years.

I think Dwayne wants that comic book movie check, but him in these movies isn't going to work. His range as an actor is too limited, he works in very one dimensional, predictable movies. The minute he needs to act that movie falls apart

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These DC movies tend to REALLY neuter their characters. They did this with Wonder Woman who was a shell of herself in damn near 4 different movies. Dr Fate is a god of Order and he was used more like a fortune teller!

What I don't get is Dwayne was a producer for the Shazam movie and did practically everything in his power to separate himself and Black Adam from Shazam. Gambled on setting up some kind of a fight between Black Adam and Superman which wouldn't work as Superman doesn't do well against magic villains. This was like someone reading very little source material and trying to make a 10 year plan off of it.

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DC is hopeless. They had a billion dollar franchise with the Shazam/Black Adam stories and completely fucked it up. the biggest fuck up is they brought both characters to the screen without introducing them in any movies. No way they shouldnt have had a credit scene with them to show them and build anticipation of apperances of them and then a full movie.Marvel sohwed flashes of Thanos in multiple movies building it up so when they finally brought him in it was highly anticipated and made billions. I liked Shazam and Black Adam but they really dropped the ball on both of them. they need to have the Flash movie erase all this shit the last 10 years in DC and start over completely.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^^

It was so good you could feel all them boys were jealous as f*ck they ain't thought of it.

It was BRILLIANT

and Rocky would NEVER do it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS @largebillsonlyplease

Fell asleep twice.

So I gotta start this thing from the beginning

I can give you a preview to my review

This is not the worst movie ever made

It's the worst movie that took 15 years and hundreds of millions to make

There is a difference

It's fine cookie cutter superhero genre stuff.

The Rock loves this character is this character

But he never BECAME Black Adam.

This is the Rock as his version of Superman

Rock and Roll WWF Heavy Metal Superman.

Nothing wrong with that.

But this ain't no Black Adam movie.

I was a DC kid coming up. This ain't that.

This was and is a summer blockbuster that pre covid or post covid in the summer would have been a fun popcorn flick and a big hit.

That second intro paint it black in the desert with the slo mo a few years ago would have been iconic

That song choice was perfect.

I GET WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO ROCKY!

But you can't do the same thing that
Quicksilver did TWICE and the Flash

And not as good?

Should have been a COMBO of black panther intro, quicksilver, flash and Namor. Mix the power speed with confusion. He should NOT be at full power immediately. There wasn't enough AWE. I didn't want/need to REWIND. (More on that later)

C'mon Rocky.

Effects direction editing beautiful costumes colors well done overall

The casting was fine across the board

But I'll get into the kid later.

But damn Hawkman and Fate.

That's acting charisma commitment to the role and character. I BOUGHT THEM. I wanted to know MORE about them.

The Uncle had such comic relief potential

Let me see what the rest of this is like...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think Dwayne wants that comic book movie check, but him in these movies isn't going to work. His range as an actor is too limited, he works in very one dimensional, predictable movies. The minute he needs to act that movie falls apart

Funny how all this old school directors screaming these actors ain't really gotta do sh*t

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
@ViCiouS @largebillsonlyplease

Fell asleep twice.

So I gotta start this thing from the beginning

I can give you a preview to my review

This is not the worst movie ever made

It's the worst movie that took 15 years and hundreds of millions to make

There is a difference

It's fine cookie cutter superhero genre stuff.

The Rock loves this character is this character

But he never BECAME Black Adam.

This is the Rock as his version of Superman

Rock and Roll WWF Heavy Metal Superman.

Nothing wrong with that.

But this ain't no Black Adam movie.

I was a DC kid coming up. This ain't that.

This was and is a summer blockbuster that pre covid or post covid in the summer would have been a fun popcorn flick and a big hit.

That second intro paint it black in the desert with the slo mo a few years ago would have been iconic

That song choice was perfect.

I GET WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO ROCKY!

But you can't do the same thing that
Quicksilver did TWICE and the Flash

And not as good?

Should have been a COMBO of black panther intro, quicksilver, flash and Namor. Mix the power speed with confusion. He should NOT be at full power immediately. There wasn't enough AWE. I didn't want/need to REWIND. (More on that later)

C'mon Rocky.

Effects direction editing beautiful costumes colors well done overall

The casting was fine across the board

But I'll get into the kid later.

But damn Hawkman and Fate.

That's acting charisma commitment to the role and character. I BOUGHT THEM. I wanted to know MORE about them.

The Uncle had such comic relief potential

Let me see what the rest of this is like...

But you fell asleep twice
What movie did you fall asleep 3 times on?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
But you fell asleep twice
What movie did you fall asleep 3 times on?

The thing is the fam was watching and were confused.

And trust me my people know comics AND the girls live the Rock and I'm a big Rocky fan myself.

I went fully expecting yall were exaggerating about how bad this was.

It was fine. But frustrating as f*ck.

How the hell he learned to speak English??!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Imagine him doing a promo video like"The balance of power in the Marvel Cine.." Feige in the background cutting him off"AH Ah dont you DARE say it!!!!!" :roflmao2:

If the Rock was willing to really have FUN?

And really act?

There too many roles available

He could be the new crossbones, hyperion, the thing, wonder man, ares, Kraven, Nuke (daredevil)...

Yup the thing if the Rock was willing he could redefine his career.

But he REALLY needs to consider playing a villian.

Darkseid would be insane

Even Apocalypse

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If the Rock was willing to really have FUN?

And really act?

There too many roles available

He could be the new crossbones, hyperion, the thing, wonder man, ares, Kraven, Nuke (daredevil)...

Yup the thing if the Rock was willing he could redefine his career.

But he REALLY needs to consider playing a villian.

Darkseid would be insane

Even Apocalypse

One thing that lady mentioned in the youtube video: These actors have coaches and are constantly working this muscle out... The Rock is working the wrong muscles.