Blade / Mahershala Ali | Official Thread | Marvel Studios

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

Snipes and Reynolds never share the frame with Deadpool’s mask off, so maybe they actually didn’t work together again.

****you see the devil working their magic? Anything POSITIVE with the black man Snipes they GOTTA make a negative.

ALWAYS when it's US.

WE always the problem.

No matter what.
Who gives a shit they hugged on stage and Reynold brought him in the movie himself which was not easy to do

I think marvel fkd up. Cause now people want Wes as blade. (Me looking in the imaginary camera)

keone

International Member
"Woke" and "DEI" are just buzzwords now designed to make a certain group of people (read: white, male, right wing) see red. Deadpool is the only mainstream superhero/comic film I think of that features an outwardly lesbian superhero. It also has consistently shown more women kicking ass, both good and evil, than any comparable franchise. It's a very "woke" franchise.
They dont even know what it means. Cac seized the word and cacified it

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Who gives a shit they hugged on stage and Reynold brought him in the movie himself which was not easy to do

I think marvel fkd up. Cause now people want Wes as blade. (Me looking in the imaginary camera)
The funny thing is, people are now saying Ali is getting too old to play Blade but they still want Snipes, who's older, to play the character again.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Good point.
Snipes can still move he needs an end.
Marsh lets see if he can do it.
As things stand now, Snipes seems like he has the fan advantage.

It's funny how quickly things can change. Only just a week ago if you suggested Snipes should be recast as Blade, most MCU fans would've said that Snipes was ancient history and it's time to move on. In fact, I've seen many of them say this.

They're not saying that now.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Good point.

It's funny how quickly things can change. Only just a week ago if you suggested Snipes should be recast as Blade, most MCU fans would've said that Snipes was ancient history and it's time to move on. In fact, I've seen many of them say this.

Kaboom

Not only that Snipes was too old though

Character assassination

He was labeled a bad guy they brought up the taxes and worse he was a bad team player and difficult

Over ONE FILM DECADES OLD?

these fan boys REALLY want to review the OTHER ACTORS RECEIPTS?

We can gladly do so.

To be fair it was from the usual stank ass geek subset.

They not like us

We ALWAYS wanted the OG

And based on the response from his latest appearance? These cucks don't even know what they want cause Blade got the biggest pop in the theatres I was in

Last edited:

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Kaboom

Character assassination

He was bad guy brought up the taxes and worse he was bad team player and difficult

We can gladly do so.
Well, we know you have the receipts, fam. :lol:

You should really think about becoming a Hollywood agent or lawyer assuming you're not already.

But, yeah, the tune has changed quick.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

I'm saying fck that cac and anyone they love for trying to downplay Snipes

The grandfather of the MCU

The funny thing is, people are now saying Ali is getting too old to play Blade but they still want Snipes, who's older, to play the character again.

Good point.

Kaboom

Character assassination

He was labeled a bad guy they brought up the taxes and worse he was a bad team player and difficult

We can gladly do so.

To be fair it was from the usual stank ass geek subset.

They not like us

We ALWAYS wanted the OG

And based on the response from his latest appearance? These cucks don't even know what they want cause Blade got the biggest pop in the theatres I was in

I think most fans know and realize that Snipes returning as Blade is highly unlikely.

However, that doesn't mean that he can't be given a substantial role in the reboot as a way to acknowledge that he not only gave life to that character/franchise but also the fact that those Blade movies with him as the star birthed the superhero movie renaissance which is still ongoing.

Snipes taking the role of the Whistler character or even as an older version of Blade who mentors the younger version while dealing with the reality of no longer being capable of what he once was.

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think most fans know and realize that Snipes returning as Blade is highly unlikely.

However, that doesn't mean that he can't be given a substantial role in the reboot as a way to acknowledge that he not only gave life to that character/franchise but also the fact that those Blade movies with him as the star birthed the superhero movie renaissance which is still ongoing.

Snipes taking the role of the Whistler character or even as an older version of Blade who mentors the younger version while dealing with the reality of no longer being capable of what he once was.
WS was in Deadpool & Wolverine as Blade, so it's possible.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^ all this 100% perfect.

What we been saying and nothing more

keone

International Member

^^^^ all this 100% perfect.

What we been saying and nothing moMorehead can a
He can.always play blades mentor

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
WS was in Deadpool & Wolverine as Blade, so it's possible.

No doubt, but it shouldn't have taken that to make it possible they should have already been on board with it.

I'd bet money that Ryan Reynolds and the people behind Deadpool reached out to Wesley to have him in the film as Blade as a direct result of seeing how passionate that fanbase is about seeing Wesley involved in the Blade movies in some fashion.

And it's this listening to what people want that probably explains why Ryan Reynolds and the Deadpool franchise are going strong and cranking out blockbusters while the people behind Blade can't keep a director, writer or cast members and don't appear to be close to shooting the first film starring Mahershala.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
No doubt, but it shouldn't have taken that to make it possible they should have already been on board with it.

I'd bet money that Ryan Reynolds and the people behind Deadpool reached out to Wesley to have him in the film as Blade as a direct result of seeing how passionate that fanbase is about seeing Wesley involved in the Blade movies in some fashion.

And it's this listening to what people want that probably explains why Ryan Reynolds and the Deadpool franchise are going strong and cranking out blockbusters while the people behind Blade can't keep a director, writer or cast members and don't appear to be close to shooting the first film starring Mahershala.

^^ That part

keone

International Member

Gat bazooka facts
We all know why tho

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

I can see Snipes playing the role of mentor of a young Blade. There's precedent in the comic of that with the character Jamal Afari.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Disney and WB only own part of Blade movie
Production
companies
my guess is they never settled on an agreement for streaming rights

I knew that part...

It's the streaming agreement part you got 100% of my thinking... wtf is up with THAT?

I could have SWORN it was on a platform at some point recently? AM I CRAZY?

Especially with Deadpool dropping they usually try to figure all that out before hand.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I knew that part...

It's the streaming agreement part you got 100% of my thinking... wtf is up with THAT?

I could have SWORN it was on a platform at some point recently? AM I CRAZY?

Especially with Deadpool dropping they usually try to figure all that out before hand.
each license is for a period of time in exchange for an upfront payout
its why most content comes and goes on a dsp

If Im Wesley - I'd bet on a strong PPV spike - and sticking them up when Disney Max etc seek new licensing for streaming

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

If Im Wesley - I'd bet on a strong PPV spike - and sticking them up when Disney Max etc seek new licensing for streaming

wesley-snipes.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I know, we saying the same thing

Usually this stuff is figured out BEFORE a major release like this. I'm surprised it wasn't because we seen in recent history the studios decide to align themselves for mutual benefit.

Disney should have SEEN this coming. Because they KNOW how WB gets down.

And it was JUST on Netflix my kids told me so I would have thought Netflix would have wanted that bump too.