Blade / Mahershala Ali | Official Thread | Marvel Studios

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I know, we saying the same thing

Usually this stuff is figured out BEFORE a major release like this. I'm surprised it wasn't because we seen in recent history the studios decide to align themselves for mutual benefit.

Disney should have SEEN this coming. Because they KNOW how WB gets down.

And it was JUST on Netflix my kids told me so I would have thought Netflix would have wanted that bump too.
I really think Wesley held them up
left to only WB and Disney it would be streaming

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

@keone @Piff Henderson

Watch this video and see I don't lie

That cac tries to slick diss Wesley and Ali creating fake tension between them.

Completely made up fabricated bullsh*t

Why?

Devil sh*t​

This dude really is an asshole, and not even a journalist.

He obviously just jacked other people's content and made his own shitty video in his living room talking about it on his couch without even at least getting a decent microphone.

But to imply that Wesley snaked Mahershala by doing this cameo and then try to shit on Wesley's acting ability because he hasn't won an Oscar while Mahershala has won two as if that means he's not on his level :angry:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

He obviously just jacked other people's content and made his own shitty video in his living room talking about it on his couch without even at least getting a decent microphone.

But to imply that Wesley snaked Mahershala by doing this cameo and then try to shit on Wesley's acting ability because he hasn't won an Oscar while Mahershala has won two as if that means he's not on his level :angry:

^^^^^

That part...

I been telling dudes on here it's like they targeting him. And trust I'm not the conspiracy guy. But I just be making sure to flag these moments

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

New Jack City was snubbed. It was as good, if not better, than Goodfellas and far superior to Godfather III both of which were nominated that year for Oscars.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
"As good." :lol:

You take Pesci out of Goodfellas and it falls flat.

But Pesci IS in good fellas

How can you make that argument?

If I take Jordan off the championship bulls they kinda fall flat too.

You take Snipes out of Néw Jack City is it the same movie?

I get maybe maybe as good because it aged well and is grossly under appreciated

But to just discount Deniro? Liotta (RIP)? Bracco?

And THIS scene?

And I actually kinda think you had a decent debate but you forced my hand with that last comment.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

And THIS scene?

And I actually kinda think you had a decent debate but you forced my hand with that last comment.

Not only that.

Ice-T and Chris Rock couldn't act for shit and still had two of the biggest roles in the film.

Also, look at this blatant fuck up that was left in the movie where Ice-T got confused for some reason and almost grabbed the old man before he shit Nino when his character wasn't supposed to grab him at all :lol:

Yo I love New Jack City and it was a great film from my childhood but it isn't comparing to any of the films named including the Godfather 3 which I've seen recently and it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

And THIS scene?

Fam, I was with you and about to kick my own ass but then you went and chose the wrong scene.

If you want to show a scene from Goodfellas, you gotta always use this one.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Not only that.

Ice-T and Chris Rock couldn't act for shit and still had two of the biggest roles in the film.

Also, look at this blatant fuck up that was left in the movie where Ice-T got confused for some reason and almost grabbed the old man before he shit Nino when his character wasn't supposed to grab him at all :lol:

Yo I love New Jack City and it was a great film from my childhood but it isn't comparing to any of the films named including the Godfather 3 which I've seen recently and it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Nah, Godfather III was garbage. All the moreso when compared to the first two films.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fam, I was with you and about to kick my own ass but then you went and chose the wrong scene.

If you want to show a scene from Goodfellas, you gotta always use this one.

YOU SAID remove Pesci.

So to make my point I showed the editing cinematography sound music perfectly utilized and iconic

Outside of his singular performance

it's a great movie period.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah, Godfather III was garbage. All the moreso when compared to the first two films.

I ain't about to defend godfather 3

HOWEVER I re watched it recently it was better than I remember. I also saw the re cut which helped immensely - watch that before you stick with that stance. I think it's called Coda

Did you ever see the novelization version of one and two?

THIS IS NOT IT but you get the idea

THIS YOU NEED TO SEE...

Mario Puzo's The Godfather: The Complete Epic 1901-1959

Last edited:

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

HOWEVER I re watched it recently it was better than I remember. I also saw the re cut which helped immensely - watch that before you stick with that stance. I think it's called Coda

THIS YOU NEED TO SEE...

I'll give the recut a chance since you recommended it. I haven't read any of Puzo's work.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

I think that's the reason it's reviewed negatively.

Compared to and judged against the first two it's definitely not even close but how many films are.

But after watching it again (the re-edited CODA version Playa is referring to below) I realized its not a bad film at all.

The exception is Copplla casting of his inexperienced daughter to play Michael's daughter and also the story of her character fucking her first cousin. Those two things took a lot from the movie.

THIS YOU NEED TO SEE...

Agreed after watching the CODA version I realized the movie was judged way too harshly.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Compared to and judged against the first two it's definitely not even close but how many films are.

But after watching it again (the re-edited CODA version Playa is referring to below) I realized its not a bad film at all.

The exception is Copplla casting of his inexperienced daughter to play Michael's daughter and also the story of her character fucking her first cousin. Those two things took a lot from the movie.

Agreed after watching the CODA version I realized the movie was judged way too harshly.

^^^
All I'm saying

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

Since Coda is a re-edit, it has to be judged on its own merit. The original work doesn't deserve to be reevaluated, in my opinion, based on the newer version.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Since Coda is a re-edit, it has to be judged on its own merit. The original work doesn't deserve to be reevaluated, in my opinion, based on the newer version.

It's not really a newer version so the differences are that deep.

CODA is essentially the directors cut where he was able to edit and present it as he originally wanted to.

The CODA edit is definitely better but I'd make the same argument for the original edit.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
We never said you were wrong.

We just asking for an opportunity to appeal the sentence before the death penalty is served.
Definitely. That does make me wonder how many other films deserve a re-evaluation though.

Maybe Ishtar or, dare I say it, Black Adam could benefit from a re-edit.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
It is heartbreaking to see the positivity that project had in the beginning
It was doomed from the start. No one cares about Black Adam and he's a villain. It would be like Marvel trying to make a movie around Nebula before introducing her in GoTG.

They could likely make a successful standalone movie about her now, but that wasn't the case before she was introduced in another film.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was doomed from the start. No one cares about Black Adam and he's a villain. It would be like Marvel trying to make a movie around Nebula before introducing her in GoTG.

They could likely make a successful standalone movie about her now, but that wasn't the case before she was introduced.

Let's not disrespect Mr. Snipes and discuss this this in that thread.