BREAKING: INVASION HAS BEGUN..... Putin's "3-day war"... NOW... 1 YEAR 338 DAYS ...WAGNER HEAD SAYS GROUP STANDING DOWN AFTER CLAIMS OF DEAL

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Europe's largest nuclear power plant on fire after Russian attack, says local mayor

BORODYANKA/LVIV, Ukraine, March 4 (Reuters) - The Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine, the largest of its kind in Europe, was on fire early on Friday after an attack by Russian troops, the mayor of the nearby town of Energodar said.

There has been fierce fighting between local forces and Russian troops, Dmytro Orlov said in an online post, adding that there had been casualties without giving details.

Earlier, Ukrainian authorities reported Russian troops were stepping up efforts to seize the plant and had entered the town with tanks.

"As a result of continuous enemy shelling of buildings and units of the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant is on fire," Orlov said on his Telegram channel, citing what he called a threat to world security. He did not give details.

Reuters could not immediately verify the information, including the potential seriousness of any fire.

The invasion of Ukraine is entering its ninth day. Thousands are thought to have died or been wounded as the biggest attack on a European state since World War Two unfolds, creating 1 million refugees, hits to Russia's economy, and fears of wider conflict in the West unthought-of for decades.

Russia has already captured the defunct Chernobyl plant, some 100 kilometres (62 miles) north of Ukraine's capital, Kyiv.

On Thursday, the United States and Britain announced sanctions on more oligarchs, following on from EU measures, as they ratcheted up the pressure on the Kremlin.

Included was Russian tycoon Alisher Usmanov, the founder of mining company Metalloinvest.

Visa restrictions will be imposed on 19 Russian oligarchs, their family members and associates, the White House said.

Sanctions have "had a profound impact already," said U.S. President Joe Biden.

Russia calls its actions in Ukraine a "special operation" that is not designed to occupy territory but to destroy its neighbour's military capabilities and capture what it regards as dangerous nationalists. It denies targeting civilians.

CONTINUED:
Europe's largest nuclear power plant on fire after Russian attack, says local mayor | Reuters

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
These sanctions have singlehandedly brought their economy to a grinding halt. Food and imports, done, technology, computer chips, and a whole host of shit, caput. These are violent acts. Stopping a man from feeding himself and his family is a violent act, they call it sanctions though, makes it sound very nice but the nasty nasty behind a sanction is starvation. World leaders are watching and they will start to mull over how to get away from such a system that cripples them in this way. Their system is addictive and without a doubt the devils put in work to make it work the way it does, no doubt, won't take that from them. But they wield this system as a lifesaver and simultaneously as a sword to strike the heart of any nation, worldwide and if you are not apart of this system, that means you more than likely are poorer and you're poorer, they'll just bomb yo ass and nobody will give a shit anyway.
And it’s not Just Russian that will suffer other places will also

I saw a tweet about the nation that was friend with Russia during the sanctions was amount up to 3 billion monthly…this kinda address what I’m talking about

The sanctions contributed to the collapse of the Russian ruble and the Russian financial crisis.[3] They also caused economic damage to a number of EU countries, with total losses estimated at €100 billion (as of 2015).[4] As of 2014, Russia's Finance Minister announced that the sanctions had cost Russia $40 billion, with another $100 billion loss in 2014 taken due to the decrease in the price of oil the same year driven by the 2010s oil glut.[5] Following the latest sanctions imposed in August 2018, economic losses incurred by Russia amount to some 0.5–1.5% of foregone GDP growth.[citation needed] Russian President Vladimir Putin has accused the United States of conspiring with Saudi Arabia to intentionally weaken the Russian economy by decreasing the price of oil.[6] By mid-2016, Russia had lost an estimated $170 billion due to financial sanctions, with another $400 billion in lost revenues from oil and gas.[7]According to Ukrainian officials,[a] the sanctions forced Russia to change its approach towards Ukraine and undermined the Russian military advances in the region.[8][9] Representatives of these countries say that they will lift sanctions against Russia only after Moscow fulfils the Minsk II agreements.[10][11][12]

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Anyone going to control that fire is walking into their deaths. :smh:
Chernobyl in ......

oBvss1.gif

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I wonder if Russia is trying to give NATO a pretext to enter the war
I must say Putin did request the west stay out of this…

all they did was egg his azz on :lol:

Now a fucking nuclear plant is on fire….

I live about 40mins from a Nuclear plant, we was told we’d feel that blast

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This whole planet is a cesspool because of ignorant humans. I'm in the mindset of fuck it. It's only a matter of time. I hate if for my kids and grandkids but this pos place doesn't have a chance in hell.
Bro for real…

I have one questions that I often ask.
I’ve asked multiple military family members and friends this

“Why does it seem we go out our way to fuck with people”

The answer I get most of the time is

“In all honesty, I really don’t know”

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I wonder if taking control of this plant is a Strategic task. Ukraine & Russia choose to keep the first plant exploding.

so maybe just maybe this plant might not be “AS” deadly

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey it definitely it… but a post like this probably is the reason why… they need the support of the whole world…
Alina do you think, that is the reason we’re watching this fire in the first place?

With him capturing Chernobyl and now this... Im starting to think he wants that entire region off the map on some if you wont come with me, I'm gonna shoot this entire joint up. Nobody leaving with nobody when I get back from the parking lot.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
But y'all told me Ukraine was winning
No.... we told you that you were a cheap in the alley hooker puling tricks for a couple of smokes and that you were an idiot, and from what I can tell, it's still the going consensus........ get it straight.... idiot

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Europe's largest nuclear power plant on fire after Russian attack, says local mayor

BORODYANKA/LVIV, Ukraine, March 4 (Reuters) - The Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine, the largest of its kind in Europe, was on fire early on Friday after an attack by Russian troops, the mayor of the nearby town of Energodar said.

There has been fierce fighting between local forces and Russian troops, Dmytro Orlov said in an online post, adding that there had been casualties without giving details.

Earlier, Ukrainian authorities reported Russian troops were stepping up efforts to seize the plant and had entered the town with tanks.

"As a result of continuous enemy shelling of buildings and units of the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant is on fire," Orlov said on his Telegram channel, citing what he called a threat to world security. He did not give details.

Reuters could not immediately verify the information, including the potential seriousness of any fire.

The invasion of Ukraine is entering its ninth day. Thousands are thought to have died or been wounded as the biggest attack on a European state since World War Two unfolds, creating 1 million refugees, hits to Russia's economy, and fears of wider conflict in the West unthought-of for decades.

Russia has already captured the defunct Chernobyl plant, some 100 kilometres (62 miles) north of Ukraine's capital, Kyiv.

On Thursday, the United States and Britain announced sanctions on more oligarchs, following on from EU measures, as they ratcheted up the pressure on the Kremlin.

Included was Russian tycoon Alisher Usmanov, the founder of mining company Metalloinvest.

Visa restrictions will be imposed on 19 Russian oligarchs, their family members and associates, the White House said.

Sanctions have "had a profound impact already," said U.S. President Joe Biden.

Russia calls its actions in Ukraine a "special operation" that is not designed to occupy territory but to destroy its neighbour's military capabilities and capture what it regards as dangerous nationalists. It denies targeting civilians.

CONTINUED:
Europe's largest nuclear power plant on fire after Russian attack, says local mayor | Reuters

Here we go.

If that mofo goes into Meltdown mode.

Things are going to get very interesting…

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Russian MPs call for antiwar protesters to face military service in Ukraine

Two Russian MPs have submitted a draft law to parliament that would call up for military service in Ukraine any Russians detained for participating in antiwar protests.

The bill, submitted for consideration to the Duma lower house of parliament, proposed to “send for military service in the territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics all persons brought to responsibility for participation in unauthorised public events against the use of the armed forces”, the draft law said.

The bill would need to pass through both houses of parliament and be signed by Russian president Vladimir Putin to become law. It was proposed by MPs Andrei Lugovoi and Yaroslav Nilov.

Thousands of Russians have been detained in recent days in antiwar marches across the country. Demonstrations that do not receive prior approval from authorities are illegal in Russia; only one-person picketing is permitted.

“There are people in our country right now who do not agree with the military operation and are willing to break the law in order to stop it,” the draft law said. Such people, it said, should be sent on military service to eastern Ukraine to “see with their own eyes”.

Ukraine war news from March 3: Russian forces continue missile strikes, US unveils new sanctions on oligarchs | Financial Times (ft.com)