BREAKING: Jonathan Majors found guilty of 3rd degree assault and harassment

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That what he might be doing...

Maybe they all gave him the initial advise and he disagreed with it and now they parting ways but they spinning it as dropping him....

Who knows...

^^^

We SHOULD not dismiss this analysis of the situation

bookmarked

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hollywood’s Wariness Of Jonathan Majors Grows: Actor No Longer Starring In ‘The Man In My Basement’ Movie; Cut From Texas Rangers Ad Campaign​

anthony-dalessandro-1.jpg

By Anthony D'Alessandro

Anthony D'Alessandro

Editorial Director/Box Office Editor
@AwardsTony

More Stories By Anthony​

April 18, 2023 2:39pm
Jonathan Majors dropped by indie movie 'The Man in My Basement'

Getty Images
EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Majors has been dropped from a slew of projects we hear on good authority including Protagonist Pictures’ feature adaptation of the Walter Mosley novel, The Man in My Basement, an ad campaign for the Texas Rangers MLB team, as well as an unannounced Fifth Season’s Otis Redding biopic which the Emmy-nominated actor was circling.
The latest on Majors comes in the wake of yesterday’s news that his manager, Entertainment 360, and publicist, The Lede Company, have cut ties with the actor, who is facing domestic violence allegations in NYC after a March 25 incident involving a dispute with a 30-year old woman. The unnamed victim was taken to the hospital with “minor injuries to her head and neck,” according to authorities at the time of the incident. Majors is scheduled to appear in court on May 8 after being charged by the NYC D.A.

RELATED STORY​

Jonathan Majors & Manager Entertainment 360 Part Ways; Actor Facing Domestic Violence Allegations In NYC​

Majors was set to star and executive produce The Man in My Basement under his Tall Street Productions banner. A replacement for Majors is underway. The pic also has Willem Dafoe attached. Protagonist Pictures did not return request for comment by Deadline.
Dallas, Texas was one of the areas Majors grew up in. His ad campaign for the Texas Rangers was set to air Friday, then pulled at the last minute we are told. When reached by Deadline, Texas Rangers provided no comment.
Meanwhile, Majors was kicking the tires on a Fifth Season project, early in the works, entitled Otis and Zelma, which has the full support of Redding’s estate. No deals were signed on the Stephanie Allain produced project, but Majors is no longer under consideration for the film, Deadline has been informed.
Protagonist Pictures is fully bankrolling The Man in My Basement with Nadia Latif making her feature directorial debut. Deadline first told you about the project. In the Mosley novel, Charles Blakey is an African American man living in Sag Harbor. He’s stuck in a rut, out of luck and about to lose his ancestral home when a peculiar white businessman with a European accent offers to rent his basement for the summer. He’ll pay $50,000. This lucrative proposition leads Charles down a terrifying path that takes him to the heart of race, history and the root of all evil. Mosley adapted the novel with Latif. Dafoe is set to play the role of Anniston Bennet in the project as the opulent gentleman who requests to rent out the basement of Charles Blakey’s ancestral home.

As we also first told you yesterday, Majors is no longer attending this year’s Met Gala as one of its guests.
It is an unfortunate situation being on the other side of headlines for Majors. Before the NYC arrest, Majors was having a banner 2023 with Creed III and Ant-Man 3 grossing a combined $745M worldwide. The Yale Drama school alum also won rave reviews for his turn as a disturbed bodybuilder in Magazine Dreams at Sundance, a movie that Disney’s Searchlight ponied up for and set for a Dec. 8 Oscar corridor theatrical release. Texts released by his criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry, purportedly from the woman Majors had an alleged altercation with, appeared to show her taking blame for the fight but she is yet to address the incident herself.
Majors remains with the MCU cast as their main villain in future phases, Kang the Conqueror, a character which appears in Disney+’s Loki season 2, and is slotted to star in 2025’s Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and 2026’s Avengers: Secret Wars.
Majors is also currently set to reteam with Spike Lee on Amazon Studios’ Da Understudy and to play Dennis Rodman in Lionsgate’s 48 Hours in Vegas.
Majors received a Primetime Emmy nomination in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series category for HBO’s Lovecraft Country in 2021.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hollywood’s Wariness Of Jonathan Majors Grows: Actor No Longer Starring In ‘The Man In My Basement’ Movie; Cut From Texas Rangers Ad Campaign​

anthony-dalessandro-1.jpg

By Anthony D'Alessandro

Anthony D'Alessandro

Editorial Director/Box Office Editor
@AwardsTony

More Stories By Anthony​

April 18, 2023 2:39pm
Jonathan Majors dropped by indie movie 'The Man in My Basement''The Man in My Basement'

Getty Images
EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Majors has been dropped from a slew of projects we hear on good authority including Protagonist Pictures’ feature adaptation of the Walter Mosley novel, The Man in My Basement, an ad campaign for the Texas Rangers MLB team, as well as an unannounced Fifth Season’s Otis Redding biopic which the Emmy-nominated actor was circling.
The latest on Majors comes in the wake of yesterday’s news that his manager, Entertainment 360, and publicist, The Lede Company, have cut ties with the actor, who is facing domestic violence allegations in NYC after a March 25 incident involving a dispute with a 30-year old woman. The unnamed victim was taken to the hospital with “minor injuries to her head and neck,” according to authorities at the time of the incident. Majors is scheduled to appear in court on May 8 after being charged by the NYC D.A.

RELATED STORY​

Jonathan Majors & Manager Entertainment 360 Part Ways; Actor Facing Domestic Violence Allegations In NYC

Majors was set to star and executive produce The Man in My Basement under his Tall Street Productions banner. A replacement for Majors is underway. The pic also has Willem Dafoe attached. Protagonist Pictures did not return request for comment by Deadline.
Dallas, Texas was one of the areas Majors grew up in. His ad campaign for the Texas Rangers was set to air Friday, then pulled at the last minute we are told. When reached by Deadline, Texas Rangers provided no comment.
Meanwhile, Majors was kicking the tires on a Fifth Season project, early in the works, entitled Otis and Zelma, which has the full support of Redding’s estate. No deals were signed on the Stephanie Allain produced project, but Majors is no longer under consideration for the film, Deadline has been informed.
Protagonist Pictures is fully bankrolling The Man in My Basement with Nadia Latif making her feature directorial debut. Deadline first told you about the project. In the Mosley novel, Charles Blakey is an African American man living in Sag Harbor. He’s stuck in a rut, out of luck and about to lose his ancestral home when a peculiar white businessman with a European accent offers to rent his basement for the summer. He’ll pay $50,000. This lucrative proposition leads Charles down a terrifying path that takes him to the heart of race, history and the root of all evil. Mosley adapted the novel with Latif. Dafoe is set to play the role of Anniston Bennet in the project as the opulent gentleman who requests to rent out the basement of Charles Blakey’s ancestral home.

As we also first told you yesterday, Majors is no longer attending this year’s Met Gala as one of its guests.
It is an unfortunate situation being on the other side of headlines for Majors. Before the NYC arrest, Majors was having a banner 2023 with Creed III and Ant-Man 3 grossing a combined $745M worldwide. The Yale Drama school alum also won rave reviews for his turn as a disturbed bodybuilder in Magazine Dreams at Sundance, a movie that Disney’s Searchlight ponied up for and set for a Dec. 8 Oscar corridor theatrical release. Texts released by his criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry, purportedly from the woman Majors had an alleged altercation with, appeared to show her taking blame for the fight but she is yet to address the incident herself.
Majors remains with the MCU cast as their main villain in future phases, Kang the Conqueror, a character which appears in Disney+’s Loki season 2, and is slotted to star in 2025’s Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and 2026’s Avengers: Secret Wars.
Majors is also currently set to reteam with Spike Lee on Amazon Studios’ Da Understudy and to play Dennis Rodman in Lionsgate’s 48 Hours in Vegas.
Majors received a Primetime Emmy nomination in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series category for HBO’s Lovecraft Country in 2021.

the TONE of that headline is rather...terse.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
gawd damn

So Red

what your thoughts on all this?

Is he done?

Let me first say that we're all human and we all make mistakes. We also don't always think things through before we do them because none of us are perfect.

We do also have the ability to look at a situation from the outside and speak on it with what facts are given.

What do I think of the situation?

I think it's foul that he's been tried and convicted in the court of personal, private and in the opinion of his business and businesses. They have all the evidence that we've seen and more so they're entitled to move forward in the best way that they see fit.

For their business interests.

I think it's found that everyone's cutting ties but if we had business with him, would we all stand by his side with what he's accused of and the evidence at hand?

We can all say stay away from white women and some will say that's what he gets for dealing with white women but...

Most women that you're in a relationship with regardless of race if they suspect you of cheating and you receive text messages they're gonna want to see them.

And if he's accused of roughing her up for wanting to see his phone if he was indeed fucking around...

Then this is all on him.

But they way he's being treated you'd think he fought her like in Creed or murdered her. Yes domestic violence is bad and no one wants to align themselves with someone who commits that.

Unless you're the owner.

giphy.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Let me first say that we're all human and we all make mistakes. We also don't always think things through before we do them because none of us are perfect.

We do also have the ability to look at a situation from the outside and speak on it with what facts are given.

What do I think of the situation?

I think it's foul that he's been tried and convicted in the court of personal, private and in the opinion of his business and businesses. They have all the evidence that we've seen and more so they're entitled to move forward in the best way that they see fit.

For their business interests.

I think it's found that everyone's cutting ties but if we had business with him, would we all stand by his side with what he's accused of and the evidence at hand?

We can all say stay away from white women and some will say that's what he gets for dealing with white women but...

Most women that you're in a relationship with regardless of race if they suspect you of cheating and you receive text messages they're gonna want to see them.

And if he's accused of roughing her up for wanting to see his phone if he was indeed fucking around...

Then this is all on him.

But they way he's being treated you'd think he fought her like in Creed or murdered her. Yes domestic violence is bad and no one wants to align themselves with someone who commits that.

Unless you're the owner.

giphy.gif

Post of the Week

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Post of the Week

Mind you, I know many on this board and in this thread know much more about his situation than me.

I purposefully try not to follow it because it's negative, a negative cloud and I feel bad for him. Even though he brought it on himself.

I'm always gonna root for a fellow Black man and it's saddening seeing all of this go bad for him so fast. Especially with the rise that he was on.

And yes he caused it but still.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Mind you, I know many on this board and in this thread know much more about his situation than me.

I purposefully try not to follow it because it's negative, a negative cloud and I feel bad for him. Even though he brought it on himself.

I'm always gonna root for a fellow Black man and it's saddening seeing all of this go bad for him so fast. Especially with the rise that he was on.

If he hit her?

He wrong f*ck him.

Done.

Should he lose EVERTHING?

No but that is not for me to judge.

But I have seen WAY too many white men in Hollywood do foul sh*t

hold on before I finish that

I do not have some belief just because white men do foul sh*t well black men should get to do it too.

I am stressing the LEVEL of PUNISHMENT etc that white folk receive as opposed to people of color SPECIFICALLY.

I feel bad for this man, I feel bad for the victim. If he guilty he should be punished

If Disney fires him along with his management etc BEFORE he is actually tried and convicted of ANYTHING?

Well this BETTER be the new status quo.

That is all I'm saying.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

let me just drop this off here.

@REDLINE this man lied to 25 people about having HIV.

and is getting a NEW SERIES.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If he hit her?

He wrong f*ck him.

Done.

Should he lose EVERTHING?

No but that is not for me to judge.

But I have seen WAY to many white men in Hollywood do foul sh*t

hold on before I finish that

I do not have some belief just because white men do foul sh*t well black men should get to do it too.

I am stressing the LEVEL of PUNISHMENT etc that white folk receive as opposed to people of color SPECIFICALLY.

I feel bad for this man, I feel bad for the victim. If he guilty he should be punished

If Disney fires him along with his management etc BEFORE he is actually tried and convicted of ANYTHING?

Well this BETTER be the new status quo.

That is all I'm saying.

I agree moving forward, if they handle ALL cases like this in the future the same then cool we know what to expect.

But in this case it seems like a WHOLE lot of loss on his end.

But we're talking about Disney and Marvel, so it's a different expectation for actors associated with them.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree moving forward, if they handle ALL cases like this in the future the same then cool we know what to expect.

But in this case it seems like a WHOLE lot of loss on his end.

But we're talking about Disney and Marvel, so it's a different expectation for actors associated with them.

I completely agree and ALL parties gotta be cognizant of that from jump

And they ARE.

So trust me the Mouse can't be involved in this.

They fired Gunn for offensive tweets so THEY are FAIRLY consistent with this type of stuff.

I GET it.

I am still leery of how Majors camp is dealing with all this

but Vicious' breakdown is quite convincing

hold out as LONG as you can for the Writers Strike and hope this thing dies down.

Last edited:

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

When I see things like this, it pains me so badly almost as if it’s happening to me….

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Everything Jonathan Majors Has Been Dropped From​

By Alejandra Gularte, a Vulture news blogger who covers TV and comedy
407e4eaa8fdf28a26a71c6c52c088eaef4-jonathan-majors.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Frederic J. Brown / AFP
Studios and brands are at a loss with what to do with Jonathan Majors since his arrest for alleged domestic assault on March 26. Despite reps from Majors standing their ground that the actor “has done nothing wrong,” Majros is still scheduled to appear in court on May 8 in New York. He has gained a lot of momentum over the past year, starring in Creed III and becoming Marvel’s next villain in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, but the future of his career has become uncertain. From the people behind the scenes to ad campaigns, here are all the things Majors has allegedly lost due to his domestic violence dispute.

His management team​

Majors was reportedly dropped from his management team at Entertainment 360 and his PR team at The Lede Company. Vulture has reached out to both for statements. Majors continues to be represented by WME.

Film and television roles​

Several projects in development have dropped Majors from their cast. According to Deadline, the Magazine Dreams actor will no longer star in the film adaptation of the Walter Mosley novel, The Man in My Basement, or be considered for the unannounced Fifth Season’s Otis Redding biopic, Otis and Zelma. As for projects still attached with Majors’s name, Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (2025), Loki season two, Spike Lee’s Da Understudy, and Lionsgate’s 48 Hours in Vegas as Dennis Rodman.

Brand deals​

MLB’s Texas Rangers have removed Majors from their 2023 season ad campaign that was reportedly set to debut on Friday. As for already announcement endeavors, Valentino and Majors have also “mutually agreed” that the actor will no longer attend this year’s Met Gala, Deadline reported. Vulture has reached out to the fashion house for confirmation.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
What’s interesting is Will Smith hauled off on live national TV committing a assault against Chris Rock.

And all he has gotten is a ban from the Oscars. He is on set now filming the next “Bad Boys”.

Johnathan has allegations against him, nothing has been proven and they treating him worst than OJ Simpson.