BREAKING: Jonathan Majors found guilty of 3rd degree assault and harassment

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Jonathan Majors' accuser granted full temporary protection order after alleged domestic dispute

"This is standard in cases such as this, and we consented because Mr. Majors wants nothing to do with the woman who assaulted him," the actor's lawyer said in a statement.

By Shania RussellApril 27, 2023 at 09:17 PM EDT

LONDON, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 16: Jonathan Majors attends the "Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania" UK Gala Screening at BFI IMAX Waterloo on February 16, 2023 in London, England. (Photo by Lia Toby/Getty Images)

Jonathan Majors

| CREDIT: LIA TOBY/GETTY
Jonathan Majors' alleged victim was granted a full temporary order of protection on Thursday, ahead of an upcoming court date where the actor will face charges of assault and harassment.
In a statement obtained by EW, Majors' criminal defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry said, "This is standard in cases such as this, and we consented because Mr. Majors wants nothing to do with the woman who assaulted him."
As EW previously reported, the Marvel star was arrested on March 25 after a domestic dispute in New York City with a 30-year-old woman. The NYPD responded to a 911 call and took Majors into custody while the unnamed woman was hospitalized with "minor injuries to her head and neck." Two days later, Majors was charged with multiple misdemeanor counts of assault and harassment by the Manhattan District Attorney's office.

With a court date set for next month, the alleged victim has been granted a full order of protection; previously a limited order of protection allowed the two to be in contact, but barred the accused subject (Majors) from abusing, harassing, or threatening the victim. Under this new order, the two parties may not have direct or third-party contact of any kind until the next court date. According to the Manhattan District Attorney's office, the order was granted "per the People's request and with the consent of defense counsel."
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Jonathan Majors as Kang in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania'

| CREDIT: MARVEL STUDIOS
Since the initial March 25 arrest, Majors has been dropped by talent manager Entertainment 360 and publicist the Lede Company. The actor has also reportedly been dropped from several projects, including the upcoming adaptation of Walter Mosley's novel "The Man in My Basement," and a Texas Rangers ad campaign.

A prior statement from Chaudhry claimed, "All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever." Chaudhry has continued to maintain her client's innocence, most recently in today's statement: "We have been transparent and cooperative with the District Attorney, including giving the District Attorney ample evidence, including witness statements, of Mr. Majors' innocence."
Majors will next appear in court on Tuesday, May 9

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Spacey got hit with pretty much what Majors is getting though, didn't he? He got dropped by jlhis agency, kicked off his show and didn't work for about 4-5 years. Plus he got prosecuted, but somehow won. His case seems pretty on par though.

Please do not compare that homosexual predator to some guy who chocked some wack white girl out. Compare Kevin to Cosby.

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is Alvin Bragg in the middle of all these NY anti-Black prosecutions in NY? Always giving cacs passes and going hard on Black folks? Between him and the NYC mayor, I don't know who's worse.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is the second time the lawyer has said some video will prove Majors innocence but still hasn't provided it

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Because you do that in court. I know reality TV and Donald Drumpf has it all confused but you don't blow your wad for clicks and giggles on social media.

If you have proof that she's lying wouldn't you show it to the police so the case gets thrown out before even making it to court

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Police don't do that, the magistrate does. This country is so corrupt for keeping it's population so ignorant of how the judicial branch operates.
So you believe he provided proof that she is lying and the prosecutor has not dropped the case?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Police don't do that, the magistrate does. This country is so corrupt for keeping it's population so ignorant of how the judicial branch operates.
there is no magistrate here - just a judge

at this stage the DA does have the discretion to drop charges if he chose

so far the video promised by Majors' lawyer - proving innocence- has not been released to the public nor have we heard of it being submitted to the DA or the court

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
there is no magistrate here - just a judge

at this stage the DA does have the discretion to drop charges if he chose

so far the video promised by Majors' lawyer - proving innocence- has not been released to the public nor have we heard of it being submitted to the DA or the court
I was talking about at his arraignment since he was arrested and charged. But yeah I'm hip big dog.

I hope he ain't do it but I don't know I'mma let the game play out in court and let the evidence be presented.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I am going to say this again……as a black man he should have never been put in this position. I said a long time ago he was hanging around a lot of strange people and that shit came back to bite him in the ass. A lot of black actors need to follow what Denzel Washington did….. oh they tried to get him a few times but he was always two steps ahead of those people.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

People dont get it, P in public school might as well stand for peasant... P easant S chool because all the teach is enough

to be good peasants..

and to fill out an application properly, They made sure to take out Trade in the eighties and ninties not sure what they doin now tho..

but chea

to hell with Civics, Legalese ect..

Things to really help us to live free in this bitch...

good news is all them classes are on these WEBs for free, so nowadays we really have no excuse...