Chantel Family Chantel on TLC... Trouble in Paradise. DIvorce... $265K Taken...

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Agreed. Knowing how much space is needed.

Also, people needing to know when to downsize OR not overbuy for what they actually need, or can maintain.

My dad's got an older house. Small place ... but large rectangular lot. Shitload of steps from the front street to front deck, and another 20 - 25 at the back to get up to the alley. It all adds up ... the extra wear and tear on knees, hips, and back.

Many of us have encouraged him to move to a smaller place, and he's not chosen to, but did admit to me a year or two back - "Yeah, I fucked up. I probably should have moved about 10 years ago." - arthritis in knee ... a challenge to maintain the trees and shrubs / ivy, etc.

Whereas by contrast ... my mom has lived in smaller places & in apt / condo. She has moved around alot but is common law now with her boyfriend and they have a small manageable place. Flat ... with a few steps out front & out back. My dad's got about 70 stairs to get to the front door at 75yo.

yeah, it’s all good until your body starts telling you what’s up.

Trying to convince my wife the novelty of a two story house will wear off is something she isn’t trying to hear right now. Lol

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
yeah, it’s all good until your body starts telling you what’s up.

Trying to convince my wife the novelty of a two story house will wear off is something she isn’t trying to hear right now. Lol

Co-sign. Had a few relatives out of province in older neighborhoods with 3-story homes. Nice and all, but definitely not as you get up there in age. Just moving around the house is a workout.

With my dad, I help him when I can ... but he's had to hire people over the years to help with the maintenance. Fortunately the lawn care is minimal and easily managed. It's just everything else is tiring. Say you're making 3 full trips carrying buckets or tools from the front street to the back alley ... you're looking at over 500 stairs. On a hot day ... ugh. I'm glad when we do work there & stay in ONE area and aren't moving around, lol.

Does your wife see your side of things re: the novelty eventually wearing off with a 2-story?

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That's cool and all, but can she do this?

giphy.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I had never heard of her, but I'm edumacating myself now. What a class act beauty.

She’s cool. Had her own yoga studio back home. She wants to have kids as she’s in her late-30s, but her man is resistant as he’s divorced with 2 teenaged kids and steadfast about a prenup being in place that she isn’t too pleased with.