Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer

debovette

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Homeboy fighting for 14 years.....some have even used the word cured. He was stage 4 when diagnosed 14 years ago.

A tru warrior indeed

brother keep a positive spirt, put complete faith in god, follow your doctor instructions and you will come back like a champ
THIS!!!!

Brothers get your psa checked yearly

Just had mine done, and im 44

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Be careful of U.S. doctors, get second opinion outside the country. Don't just go up the street. This is another plus of travelling to different countries.

Unfortunately, the U.S. medical system is now a tool to assassinate people. I know Farrakhan went to some HBCU medical facility for his treatment a thousand miles away. The newspapers tried to hide this fact even though he is living in Chicago with plenty of medical clinics around.

I had my experiences and counter measures I had to take so it is real.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Diagnosed with prostate cancer April 2024 and having surgery on July 1.
The surgery will be a RALP (Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy)
Complete removal of the prostate.
As black men, this can be a touchy subject.
Fortunately, we can hide behind our screen names to discuss.
A few of my family members know about it, but for the most part, I have been dealing with it with the wife and kids.
My PSA was a 12.4 (below 4 is normal)
If anyone, has questions, I will try to answer them the best I can.
Keep a brother in y'all thoughts!!
Praying for you fam. I know you got this. Minor setback for the major comeback.

mozartte

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let me share a few more things with the board.
After my PSA came back 12.4, the doctor suggested I get an MRI.
Now, something that I did not know, is that you can have a high PSA number and not have prostate cancer.
After the MRI, it was discovered that my prostate is the size of a grapefruit o_O
A normal sized prostate is the size of a walnut.
Did you have bph ? Also were you have any symptoms? My urologist made me go a prostate mri but found nothing. I do have bph and it makes my psa numbers rise. You are right about a person can have a high psa and not have prostate cancer. You can also have a low psa and have prostrate cancer. They usually like to do a mri and then a biopsy if the mri shows any signs. I am sending prayers your way. MLK son, Joe the eagle, and OJ Simpson have had it so far this year. I have heard that cutting out sugar and carbs can help if you have bph symptoms.

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Diagnosed with prostate cancer April 2024 and having surgery on July 1.
The surgery will be a RALP (Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy)
Complete removal of the prostate.
As black men, this can be a touchy subject.
Fortunately, we can hide behind our screen names to discuss.
A few of my family members know about it, but for the most part, I have been dealing with it with the wife and kids.
My PSA was a 12.4 (below 4 is normal)
If anyone, has questions, I will try to answer them the best I can.
Keep a brother in y'all thoughts!!
stay strong and stay positive. you can beat this. stay up!

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Did you have bph ? Also were you have any symptoms? My urologist made me go a prostate mri but found nothing. I do have bph and it makes my psa numbers rise. You are right about a person can have a high psa and not have prostate cancer. You can also have a low psa and have prostrate cancer. They usually like to do a mri and then a biopsy if the mri shows any signs. I am sending prayers your way. MLK son, Joe the eagle, and OJ Simpson have had it so far this year. I have heard that cutting out sugar and carbs can help if you have bph symptoms.
I did have BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia). And all the symptoms listed below

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also called prostate enlargement, is a noncancerous increase in size of the prostate gland. Symptoms may include frequent urination, trouble starting to urinate, weak stream, inability to urinate, or loss of bladder control. Complications can include urinary tract infections, bladder stones, and chronic kidney problems.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Gives us more background, did you discover your condition through a PSA test or did you notice certain symptoms that made you see a doctor. What about financial, do you still have health coverage through your employer? If they got you on leave you can still hit up Medicaid.

This is a good time to discuss long term disability coverage through your employer which is more important than health insurance, you may be too sick to work. SSDI can also step in if the cancer has metastasized. Rushing back to work needing a pay check could make your condition worse.

I noticed certain symptoms that even a Russian doctor treating Navalny could not overlook. If you don't post for awhile we will add you to the gone but not forgotten section.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
First and foremost, wishing you speediest of recoveries. I’ve seen folks recover from PC as if it never happened and wishing the exact same for you. Nothing but the best of blessings on your journey.

Secondly, know that cancer is NOT always a death sentence. Just something we gotta deal with and if we do what we need to and catch it early enough, there’s ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel.

Sharing our experiences like this really helps with educating those who don’t know or might be afraid to open up about it, and I know this aint easy to deal with as I had a similar scare in my colon just last year, I found that sharing my experience with brothers here and in general, helped me get through a lot of the mental and emotional stress that can come with this.

Just know you not alone brotha. Know that. We all fighting something but we can help each other, even if it’s just behind a keyboard.

Education and application are key.

Again, wishing you the best, be well, and Godspeed on your journey. You got this.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Gives us more background, did you discover your condition through a PSA test or did you notice certain symptoms that made you see a doctor. What about financial, do you still have health coverage through your employer? If they got you on leave you can still hit up Medicaid.

This is a good time to discuss long term disability coverage through your employer which is more important than health insurance, you may be too sick to work. SSDI can also step in if the cancer has metastasized. Rushing back to work needing a pay check could make your condition worse.

I noticed certain symptoms that even a Russian doctor treating Navalny could not overlook. If you don't post for awhile we will add you to the gone but not forgotten section.
Yeah.

So basically my PSA, started around a 6 and over time became almost 13.
I was already having signs of BPH.
The biggest sign was frequent urination at night.
Doctors then decided to do a MRI.
Like I mentioned in a previous post, an elevated PSA number doesn't mean you have prostate cancer, and a smaller PSA doesn't mean you are in the clear either.
My main issue was the size of my prostate.
It was noted after the MRI that it was the size of a grapefruit.
A normal prostate is walnut sized.

As far as health coverage, the VA hospital covers everything.
No worries on that end.

Money wise, I'm good and almost retired :yes:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
If you are OJ Simpson and they are accusing you of murder or raping a white princess, or you can be a Farrakhan, don't be thinking you stroll up to just any hospital. You might as well get hospice care cause the outcome will be the same, death.

First they lie in their medical reports, cut you off from explaining your condition, claim you are crazy or put down that you sounded incoherent like Biden.

This is a perfect example of getting LTD coverage on your job. You will be dead by the time SSDI approves you. Workers' compensation will not cover something like this. You can push yourself to keep working but many companies act funny and could fire you for some made up reason.

Last edited:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Be careful of U.S. doctors, get second opinion outside the country. Don't just go up the street. This is another plus of travelling to different countries.

Unfortunately, the U.S. medical system is now a tool to assassinate people. I know Farrakhan went to some HBCU medical facility for his treatment a thousand miles away. The newspapers tried to hide this fact even though he is living in Chicago with plenty of medical clinics around.

I had my experiences and counter measures I had to take so it is real.

Damn....that made sense.

:bravo:

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I know some others have questions about having sex after the prostate removal, so I'll try to address those.

First, the doctor performing the surgery stated that with the robotic surgery, most nerves that control erections should be spared, unless the cancer has spread to them. If it has, they will be removed.
First diagnostic showed no signs of those nerves having cancer.

Second, doctor said I probably won't have sex for 3-6 months, maybe longer.
It just depends on how the body heals.

Third, after the prostate is removed, I will have orgasms, but no fluid.
Pretty much "dry" orgasms going forward.
I will have the same feeling but no fluids.
hang in there brother.
i get my levels checked every 3 months as part of my TRT regimen
Every black man our age range (I am 54) should be getting their PSA checked.
wishing you the best

Fuckallyall

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I keep remembering things, so forgive all these posts

:giggle:

Some may be thinking, why I did not go the radiation treatment.
Well, there is no guarantee that the radiation gets all the cancer, and secondly, mine levels were very low so that option was not available.
I could have just monitored a what for something to happen, but wife and I both decided complete removal was the best option.
Waiting for something to happen also involves having another prostate biopsy.
See earlier post on how that went
Prostate removal also means you will not be able to have children.
No worries for me because I had a vasectomy 20 something years ago.
Now there is another option, where they can remove a partial part of the prostate that's cancerous.
However, if that is done, the option of removing the prostate a later date is not an option, in the cancer returns.
Brother, there’s nothing to forgive. Cancer is nobody’s friend. I had a big heart scare last year. Your health is your wealth. I’m praying for you. As much as many of us bitch and moan about our country/society, it’s nothing short of a miracle that we have access to the level of treatment that we have for serious illness like cancer. I look forward to you reminiscing about this in the days to come.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Prayers up, keep nothing but good energy around you, stay as positive as possible and increase the organic vegetable material into your body.

If you eat meat, you gotta spend the money on the organic/grass fed providers.

Get it cut out and live up.