Fake DJing BUSTED...tell the truth..sometimes ya'll pretend to turn knobs just to look busy

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this some sucka shit mane. fucked up to see djing has come to this. i got some dj friends and i know they put in work. i remember we was having a convo by how the game was changing, dudes get they ipad and a computer and they set and call it djing. but each crowd is different, as long as they move the crowd then hey. put one of these wack ass dj out of their element and watch the results

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Being a scratch DJ is something I always wanted to learn how to do. :(

Takes practice and a not so heavy hand.
When I first got my Technics I was so afraid that I would wreck my decks before I got good. Now it's just a matter of feeling.
I used to watch Qbert's vids and practice the way he did it: Scratch record on one deck, beat on the other. Once I got one hand down, switch it up. I still have to work on my left hand.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm still learning

Takes practice and a not so heavy hand.
When I first got my Technics I was so afraid that I would wreck my decks before I got good. Now it's just a matter of feeling.
I used to watch Qbert's vids and practice the way he did it: Scratch record on one deck, beat on the other. Once I got one hand down, switch it up. I still have to work on my left hand.

I already got several hobbies and some are rather pricy. I just don't have the time to add another.

Barely using this MPD I bought.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Here in Las Vegas they laying these mofos millions to DJ in the clubs on the strips.

The highest paid big names are...

-Steve Aoki
-Tiesto
-Calvin Harris
-Martin Garrix

They got others all making in the high 6 figures to push play on a laptop.

And none of them are Black.

The DJ Tiesto was on the Vice Channel showing him on a laptop in his hotel room making up his set for later on that night.

Shit is a scam.

Years ago dude got married and paid a 'DJ' to do his wedding reception. I swear the DJ' strolled in, connected his iPod classic and played bullshit songs off of playlists. I told ol boy hey, I would have did it for half the money and a case of beer but noooooo you wanted a real 'DJ' huh mf:rolleyes:

MrSid

International
International Member
Watch black coffee s mixmag set its 3 hours .
Watch jazzy JEFF s boiler room set in Philly .

Two different kinds of DJs but each will school you on how to DJ , how to built up a crowd , how to bring them down again and then leave the crowd wanting more .

What those two can do with a song , you can only dream about .

Plus if you notice , those two will play a set with out even talking once to a crowd , but they know and can gauge a crowd s reaction .

I listen to coffee for his effects , I listen to JEFF for his samples .

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Dj'ing might be easy now, but it wasn't back in the day. The wrong record could clear the dance floor. Seems like every record is the same shit now so play the "hits" for the last 6 months a couple of times with a few other well know joints and that's it. No more mixing or scratching or anything. Put the shit on, and yell your name over the track. :smh:

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pisses me off, man! Here I am, trying to practice, respect the craft, and learn the game slowly, and here come these motherfuckers messing up the game!

It's like being a real musician trying to ply your trade, and someone comes out the box with Autotunes and makes a mint!

Oh well, fuck them...there are NO shortcuts for doing it right, and doing it properly.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
LOL nothing grimy bout it. We always hear tracks put together that have us considering how we could flip it as well whenever we go out and hear other DJs spin. I definitely find myself spending more time listening to how the DJ spins than paying attention to what's going down around me at parties at times.

It's at the point now where every time I go to a bar or club I spend my time staring at the mirror so I can watch the DJ in the reflection. What software does he use? How does he move his hands? How does the crowd react to when he plays something compared to when I play it? How can I get that gig?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Key word is...'On Shuffle' pimp. Even going play list route you have to make a playlist that makes sense, catered to your crowd, and even then it's a crap shoot cause sometimes they just ain't going to feel what you got on.

Now if it's just music you need in the background like a bar or a lounge on an off night then fuck it...type in 'Quite Storm' or 'Watercolors' on Spodify and let it ride but if you're dealing with an interactive crowd and 'the music' is a pivotal part of the evening best bet is to have a cat monitoring that shit realtime.

Hell your industry is pack full of cats just doing shit 'Nigga I got these hoes, they got big asses, and they shake um...that's pretty much it.' and cause of that I'll bet you get 80% of your repeat business simply because you do shit RIGHT.....right?

*two cents*
music put some people in a certain mood..we have to control our enviroment and put people in a certain mode.. being that we cater to a more mature grown crowd playing more rnb than anything more 90ish early 2000ish shit..sometime 80's/maybe even sneak in 70ish, and sometime modern shit..but majority rnb and maybe rnb/hip hop collabo tracks.. with all that being said gotta remember when you're dealing with female talent you could be dealing with 18 to early 20ish sometime that are out of touched with that old school feel and calmness and want to hear all that crappy ass modern day shit..so you gotta hear a few complaints every now and than but let a bitch know what kinda mood you setting and for them to get with the program or get the fuck out.. so while maybe doin dj ipod you do set a playlist of certain songs back to back to back songs for hrs straight that u kno will keep the vibe a certain way.. in fact that vibe is pretty much knucklehead free and if a knucklehead enters, they feel out of place cause none of that meek mills shit getting burn here, go take that shit to another spot where u can hop up and down looking into nigs eye, rapping to each other, manhugging, smoking weed, throwing it up, or other bullshit these new nigs do

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pisses me off, man! Here I am, trying to practice, respect the craft, and learn the game slowly, and here come these motherfuckers messing up the game!

It's like being a real musician trying to ply your trade, and someone comes out the box with Autotunes and makes a mint!

Oh well, fuck them...there are NO shortcuts for doing it right, and doing it properly.
who said they wanted to do it properly? get a gimmick and play the crap people want to hear..

put on a oversized motorcycle helmet with xmas lites on it and call yourself THE GREAT FONDINI...spray silly string on the crowd and blow an airhorn every 10 seconds... :dunno::dunno: iono...throw some shit against the wall and see what sticks...thats what they do...

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Watch black coffee s mixmag set its 3 hours .
Watch jazzy JEFF s boiler room set in Philly .

Two different kinds of DJs but each will school you on how to DJ , how to built up a crowd , how to bring them down again and then leave the crowd wanting more .

What those two can do with a song , you can only dream about .

Plus if you notice , those two will play a set with out even talking once to a crowd , but they know and can gauge a crowd s reaction .

I listen to coffee for his effects , I listen to JEFF for his samples .

Like DJ Khalid always talking and shit over songs and ooooo shit son! Shut the fuck up, let 's the Mc or rapper rap and you manipulate the breaks and beats or motherfuker do you want to be a MC or rapper and a damn DJ?

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
It's at the point now where every time I go to a bar or club I spend my time staring at the mirror so I can watch the DJ in the reflection. What software does he use? How does he move his hands? How does the crowd react to when he plays something compared to when I play it? How can I get that gig?
Exactly! And when you hear a DJ sounding trash you start wondering how the hell he got that gig & what you would do if you were up there instead. Don't let me be in the crowd with other fellow DJs & the one spinning sound like trash. We end up giving each other that WTF look at the same time as if we practiced it :lol:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
You have no idea what you're talking about. You are either young or never been to a party with a good DJ who knows how to move the crowd. Timing and reading the crowd is everything..

That mf lucky he wasn't in the hood with that bullshit. He would have gotten his dome checked with a beer bottle. Some mf in the hood will shoot your ass for fucking around on the booth

VWchrisATL

Rising Star
OG Investor
I fucks with this dude Claptone, but he does an hour long set here. They do numerous close ups of his hands on the decks. I see a little mixing & a whoooole lotta knob twisting. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like he's doing much to me. I'm still a fan of his music tho...

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I fucks with this dude Claptone, but he does an hour long set here. They do numerous close ups of his hands on the decks. I see a little mixing & a whoooole lotta knob twisting. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like he's doing much to me. I'm still a fan of his music tho...

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
These new EDM/Club DJ's are trash. They have no respect for the technique or the art that's feeding them. This is why I still rock serato and my direct drives over these CDJ's.

These new DJ's get away with doing absolutely nothing most the time, but the turntables tell the truth.

You can't fake the funk with some good ol vinyl.

These girls aren't even 10 years old and have far greater technique and skill than your average club DJ.