Gen Z is not fucking with Android: “A green message — anyone with an Android — throws off the entire chat"

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
If WhatsApp became popular in america all these phone wars would come to an end.. both iPhone and Samsung would lose customer base cause now that the whole ecosystem concept is dead now people would look and ask themselves do they really need those phones and do they really want to pay that much.. if WhatsApp wasn’t part of Facebook I would love for the American takeover to happen.. than watch both companies lose consumers

My sister lives overseas and uses whatsapp. I don't like Facebook/metas invasiveness, so I won't use it. I'm still pissed IG managed to suggest me as a follow for family and friends when I signed up using a different email and info from what I used for Facebook.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got an IPhone because everyone I know has one and it makes transactions and communication easier. When someone has an Android it really does fuck shit up. Videos look like shit and there’s certain things just done much easier on the iPhone.
its really fucked cos ive used galazy note for 7yrs & had to give in to getting a 2nd phone, an iphone 13pro max cos of my partners we share alot of huge files and airdrop is a life&time saver & not getting compressed files is such an ease from when i mainly used galaxy note , i still have my galaxy note & getting the fold 5 when it drops cos i like the samsung open eco system but my work makes it tuff to stay within that system solely

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My sister lives overseas and uses whatsapp. I don't like Facebook/metas invasiveness, so I won't use it. I'm still pissed IG managed to suggest me as a follow for family and friends when I signed up using a different email and info from what I used for Facebook.
Like I said Americans are behind on this concept.. I feel you on the Facebook connection cause that’s why I don’t fuck with it but literally if something similar to it exist and became as popular game over for these dumbass phone wars

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its because - right now - Samsung is the only manufacturer that has an ecosystem that can compete with iOS/ MacOS ecosystem

Samsung's near field data sharing between ANY Samsung device coupled with the link to Windows integration
:itsawrap:

this was 2 years ago using DEX - its gotten even smoother / faster since with or w/o DEX - all my Samsung devices - laptop TV tablet phones connect to each other and share data seamlessly and quickly

i know it , but i had to give in to apple , as always samsung had alot of the dope features that apple drops 2 yr later but i didnt have as many samsung users in my work group

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Like I said Americans are behind on this concept.. I feel you on the Facebook connection cause that’s why I don’t fuck with it but literally if something similar to it exist and became as popular game over for these dumbass phone wars

I did a search a year or so ago and found the most popular cross platform messaging apps. WhatsApp was number one, but I don't recall what came in second and third place. Regardless, as soon as they become a threat, Facebook will throw bags of money at them and aquire them, too.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I did a search a year or so ago and found the most popular cross platform messaging apps. WhatsApp was number one, but I don't recall what came in second and third place. Regardless, as soon as they become a threat, Facebook will throw bags of money at them and aquire them, too.
Yeah I know.. they bought WhatsApp for like 19 billion back in 2014 I believe.. so yeah they literally buy the competition out

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
:lol: :lol: iPhone users are the ones who started this whole green bubble/blue bubble mess, talking about my phone is better than yours, when you were a android user did you ever think about any of this stuff?
Good or bad, Apple was considered a prestige purchase way before smartphones existed.

That said, I stand by my statement. I ain't never heard a bunch of iPhone users have analogous conversations. The worst I've witnessed is somewhere between ambivalence and calling android users broke lol

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Something similar does exist lol it's imessage. And i don't mean that on some jocked out shit. The entire problem isn't that Americans are behind, it's that half of them already have the solution as a native function of their phone. Android bet on the wrong tech early, iPhone leaned into it, and now android has a really difficult problem to untangle: Most Americans don't want to have to use a third party platform for high fidelity messaging.

Add to that the rabid brand loyalty and elitism of a lot of apple users and it's a damn near insurmountable problem.

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
android since the g1 baby and current phone is a pixel 7. i been fuck apple since i bought the 2009 ncaa championship game on itunes and couldn't get that bitch to play anywhere else but itunes. all these years and their ecosystem has gotten worse. either buy in or else. fuck that. truthfully it is smart business by apple to make their products muck up the waters with the 2 things people do most on their phones... chat and take pictures/video. customers really just paying their high prices to be in a ecosystem that should be free . they do put that money into their ads. which i thoroughly enjoy lol. besides that they are equal , both systems run great and do everything. i'm glad my family is grown so its no issue. actually think we 50/ 50 android and apple.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
android since the g1 baby and current phone is a pixel 7. i been fuck apple since i bought the 2009 ncaa championship game on itunes and couldn't get that bitch to play anywhere else but itunes. all these years and their ecosystem has gotten worse. either buy in or else. fuck that. truthfully it is smart business by apple to make their products muck up the waters with the 2 things people do most on their phones... chat and take pictures/video. customers really just paying their high prices to be in a ecosystem that should be free . they do put that money into their ads. which i thoroughly enjoy lol. besides that they are equal , both systems run great and do everything. i'm glad my family is grown so its no issue. actually think we 50/ 50 android and apple.
Originally iTunes was the main reason I didn't want one. Years later I have apple music and it's a million times better than what I was doing. I just gotta pay for it.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Buy an Iphone at least it has resale value. Even when it's so called under specs you still be able to sell it. Y'all stuck with them Androids.

I remember Android cats used to rob people for iphones and apple products. Never heard of anybody risking they life for a Android or Samsung. It just ain't worth it.

:lol:

raw.gif

Last edited:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
If WhatsApp became popular in america all these phone wars would come to an end.. both iPhone and Samsung would lose customer base cause now that the whole ecosystem concept is dead now people would look and ask themselves do they really need those phones and do they really want to pay that much.. if WhatsApp wasn’t part of Facebook I would love for the American takeover to happen.. than watch both companies lose consumers

Honestly I don't know why Facebook doesn't make a phone and use WhatsApp as its default call and texting app. They could also adapt their criminally underused payment system into a quick pay app.

Best of all, if somebody buys ad space through their phone they don't have to give Apple a kickback.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Honestly I don't know why Facebook doesn't make a phone and use WhatsApp as its default call and texting app. They could also adapt their criminally underused payment system into a quick pay app.

Best of all, if somebody buys ad space through their phone they don't have to give Apple a kickback.
same reasons LG and Microsoft jumped out of making phones
and mobile os

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Something similar does exist lol it's imessage. And i don't mean that on some jocked out shit. The entire problem isn't that Americans are behind, it's that half of them already have the solution as a native function of their phone. Android bet on the wrong tech early, iPhone leaned into it, and now android has a really difficult problem to untangle: Most Americans don't want to have to use a third party platform for high fidelity messaging.

Add to that the rabid brand loyalty and elitism of a lot of apple users and it's a damn near insurmountable problem.
iMessage dosent just exist in america.. yet even iPhone users out the country use WhatsApp.. like I said WhatsApp literally connects everybody.. the green bubble/blue bubble dumbshit is an American first world problem.. it’s why if Americans didn’t fall into that dumbshit this whole debate wouldn’t exist

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

The problem is that brand loyalty and elitism is all that Apple really has going for it anymore. Practically speaking, there's very little that you can do with an iPhone that can't also be done with an android. Even a cheap one.

I saw a recent interview with Steve Wozniak when he talked about some of the groundbreaking innovations Apple has come out with on their phones. The one he mentioned the most was Apple pay. And he's right! The technology is astounding.

But do you really need it? Is the ability to pay for your groceries 30 seconds faster worth spending an extra $500 to $1,000? You can accomplish the same thing by rounding up your purchase to the nearest $5, pulling out the appropriate bill and telling the cashier to keep the change. Probably cheaper too!

My ex-girlfriend showed me full body bitmojis when that was a thing. Again, very impressive but why does anybody need this?

Instead of making a truly better product Apple extorts its users by disabling their phones if they don't want to fork out four figures for a new one. They've also fought the right to repair act so they can charge nonsensically high prices for their "geniuses" to fix it.

With all these recent tech layoffs it's time for the supreme Court to finally handle the apple antitrust case. It already has bipartisan support and justice Kavanaugh is interested in hearing it.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem is that brand loyalty and elitism is all that Apple really has going for it anymore. Practically speaking, there's very little that you can do with an iPhone that can't also be done with an android. Even a cheap one.

I saw a recent interview with Steve Wozniak when he talked about some of the groundbreaking innovations Apple has come out with on their phones. The one he mentioned the most was Apple pay. And he's right! The technology is astounding.

But do you really need it? Is the ability to pay for your groceries 30 seconds faster worth spending an extra $500 to $1,000? You can accomplish the same thing by rounding up your purchase to the nearest $5, pulling out the appropriate bill and telling the cashier to keep the change. Probably cheaper too!

My ex-girlfriend showed me full body bitmojis when that was a thing. Again, very impressive but why does anybody need this?

Instead of making a truly better product Apple extorts its users by disabling their phones if they don't want to fork out four figures for a new one. They've also fought the right to repair act so they can charge nonsensically high prices for their "geniuses" to fix it.

With all these recent tech layoffs it's time for the supreme Court to finally handle the apple antitrust case. It already has bipartisan support and justice Kavanaugh is interested in hearing it.

Apple's business model as a hardware company is the thing you are complaining about and, somehow , it seems to be working pretty well...

For the first time ever, there are more iPhones in use in the US than any other type of smartphone. Citing data from analytics firm Counterpoint Research, the Financial Times reports the iPhone overtook the entire Android ecosystem in June to claim 50 percent of US market share. In doing so, Apple achieved its highest-ever share of the American smartphone market.

“This is a big milestone that we could see replicated in other affluent countries across the globe,”
Jeff Fieldhack, Counterpoint’s research director, told The Times. To that point, Apple dominated the premium smartphone market in Q2 2022, with the iPhone representing 57 percent of all sales in the segment and shows no signs of slowing down.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

Apple's business model as a hardware company is the thing you are complaining about and, somehow , it seems to be working pretty well...

For the first time ever, there are more iPhones in use in the US than any other type of smartphone. Citing data from analytics firm Counterpoint Research, the Financial Times reports the iPhone overtook the entire Android ecosystem in June to claim 50 percent of US market share. In doing so, Apple achieved its highest-ever share of the American smartphone market.

“This is a big milestone that we could see replicated in other affluent countries across the globe,”
Jeff Fieldhack, Counterpoint’s research director, told The Times. To that point, Apple dominated the premium smartphone market in Q2 2022, with the iPhone representing 57 percent of all sales in the segment and shows no signs of slowing down.

It does work well, but why?

Is it because Apple makes a better phone!

Or is it because Apple uses forced obsolescence to make you buy a new phone every few years whether you need it or not?

Or is it because your smartwatch, airpods, and MacBook won't work as well if you switch to an Android phone?

Or is it because they're far more interested in creating an elitist status symbol than innovating anything?

Apple has gotten so rich and greedy that it's cheaper for them to force people to keep buying their products than it is to improve or come up with better ones. This is why they need to be tried for antitrust yesterday!

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Y'all just randomly bashing Apple are the stereotypical , pseudo artsy , anti establishment, I don’t eat pork because it’s fashionable people. “Yeah man fuck Apple bro , fucking sheeple can’t think for themselves bro . Apple is for tards dude, can’t even customize an iPhone Brooooo!!!!!”

Do y’all own like 8% shares in Samsung or something? You protecting these companies like Samsung is for the people and “Apple is for the robots bro”!!!.Apple and Samsung don’t give a shit about any of you. They both share the same fuxking goal!!!!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Y'all just randomly bashing Apple are the stereotypical , pseudo artsy , anti establishment, I don’t eat pork because it’s fashionable people. “Yeah man fuck Apple bro , fucking sheeple can’t think for themselves bro . Apple is for tards dude, can’t even customize an iPhone Brooooo!!!!!”

Do y’all own like 8% shares in Samsung or something? You protecting these companies like Samsung is for the people and “Apple is for the robots bro”!!!.Apple and Samsung don’t give a shit about any of you. They both share the same fuxking goal!!!!
Android dosent = Samsung .. android is various phones… just cause you don’t care for iPhones dosent mean you own are team Samsung..various phones have been named in this thread

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Android dosent = Samsung .. android is various phones… just cause you don’t care for iPhones dosent mean you own are team Samsung..various phones have been named in this thread
I thought this thread was particularly about Samsung since that’s what people keep mentioning. Reminds me, I had a Motorola Droid back in the day. Favorite phone I ever had , last phone with a real keypad . Loved texting on that thing.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
iMessage dosent just exist in america.. yet even iPhone users out the country use WhatsApp.. like I said WhatsApp literally connects everybody.. the green bubble/blue bubble dumbshit is an American first world problem.. it’s why if Americans didn’t fall into that dumbshit this whole debate wouldn’t exist
Yeen saying shit big dawg. I didn't say shit about it existing in other places, of the fuck course imessage doesn't just exist in America. Like what I said, Americans by and large don't want to use a third party app.

The blue bubble/green bubble shit ain't a problem but for apparently android users. IPhone users don't see it as a problem. Like I said, it's GOOGLE'S problem. And they're gonna have hell trying to solve it. What kind of lame shit is it to blame the customer for what you can't sell?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeen saying shit big dawg. I didn't say shit about it existing in other places, of the fuck course imessage doesn't just exist in America. Like what I said, Americans by and large don't want to use a third party app.

The blue bubble/green bubble shit ain't a problem but for apparently android users. IPhone users don't see it as a problem. Like I said, it's GOOGLE'S problem. And they're gonna have hell trying to solve it. What kind of lame shit is it to blame the customer for what you can't sell?
There will eventually be a solution it always eventually happens.. just like Europe is forcing iPhone to use the same universal cord like every other company.. eventually something will be presented to eventually have universal messaging.. iPhone solution for the universal cord is either align with the rule or to go cordless.. verdict will be reached by next yr on that specific situation.. eventually something will occur that will solve this message debate.. just sit back and see what happens

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I thought this thread was particularly about Samsung since that’s what people keep mentioning. Reminds me, I had a Motorola Droid back in the day. Favorite phone I ever had , last phone with a real keypad . Loved texting on that thing.
Motto phones, one plus, htc, as well as other android phones were mentioned.. every1 isn’t team Samsung on the android side.. it’s like Tesla, every car that is not electric dosent fall under one company.. hell every electric car isn’t a Tesla

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

it's wild man. This conversation just make muhfuckas say any old thing lol truth be damned.

The extortion lie aside, why are you so bothered that people like their iPhones? It's borderline psychotic. Not a single iPhone user is like "fucking Samsung lovers". You don't see that shit is weird?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
There will eventually be a solution it always eventually happens.. just like Europe is forcing iPhone to use the same universal cord like every other company.. eventually something will be presented to eventually have universal messaging.. iPhone solution for the universal cord is either align with the rule or to go cordless.. verdict will be reached by next yr on that specific situation.. eventually something will occur that will solve this message debate.. just sit back and see what happens
Hey man it's fun to imagine.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It does work well, but why?

Is it because Apple makes a better phone!

Or is it because Apple uses forced obsolescence to make you buy a new phone every few years whether you need it or not?

Or is it because your smartwatch, airpods, and MacBook won't work as well if you switch to an Android phone?

Or is it because they're far more interested in creating an elitist status symbol than innovating anything?

Apple has gotten so rich and greedy that it's cheaper for them to force people to keep buying their products than it is to improve or come up with better ones. This is why they need to be tried for antitrust yesterday!

You are sort of just flailing with this. :lol: Apple won around 1 Billion from Samsung as they literally just copied the early iPhones.

samsung-iphone-3-640x405.png

Speaking of longevity, how many years of security updates does Samsung provide compared to Apple? iPhone SE/Iphone 8 (2017) still supported while Samsung is being Samsung.

Different companies, different strategies and different target demographics. Not sure where you are but I have never heard of a $1,200 "status symbol"; It is a damn phone not an Amex. :lol:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So do dems and reps. Now how come your dumb panini asian ass can comprehend that concept when it comes major companies but somehow think politics are different in a capitalistic system.

Don't answer that matter of fact. stay dumb and confused salami slugger.

Last edited:

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have the S22 Ultra and the 13 pro max. I prefer the galaxy, a lot of features and options are far more useful than what the iphone offers. I've also experienced a bunch of dumb shit with the iphone, No back button so sometimes the keyboard gets stuck on the screen of an app without a way to close it (gestures and drag down doesn't work) so you have to close the app and reopen it. Sometimes posting things to instagram stories and the audio from the post will still play in the background non stop after posting until you close/reopen the app. I traveled overseas twice and both times the phone shut off and would refuse to turn on. I had to find out what buttons to hold to force reset the phone and get it to turn on. If I didn't have my galaxy on hand to google a solution I would've been assed out.

The only benefit the iphone gives me is sending clients videos via imessage, as I work in the entertainment industry. That was the reason I got the iphone, instead of sending onedrive or google drive links to clients I can just message them the content and be good to go. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've used facetime. Definitely don't care for what else it offers. The minute I can send videos to clients without worrying about quality degredation I'm back to just using whatever the latest Galaxy is out.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn, I've been using Android for my personal phone and iphone for my work phone for like 13+ years now, and I've never even noticed the blue/green shit.

I do know that I have forever hated group text sessions on either platform, and I hate seeing those little dots when somebody is texting me. Like, shit.... I like texting to be asynchronous... I text you, you text me back but I can pretend that I didn't see your immediate return text until an hour from now when I feel like responding. Pretty hard to do that shit when as soon as you hit send, you see those fucking dots bouncing around :lol:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
damn, I've been using Android for my personal phone and iphone for my work phone for like 13+ years now, and I've never even noticed the blue/green shit.

I do know that I have forever hated group text sessions on either platform, and I hate seeing those little dots when somebody is texting me. Like, shit.... I like texting to be asynchronous... I text you, you text me back but I can pretend that I didn't see your immediate return text until an hour from now when I feel like responding. Pretty hard to do that shit when as soon as you hit send, you see those fucking dots bouncing around :lol:
Dots only happen when you're typing though. Don't type, no one knows you saw it unless your read receipts are on.