Hollywood News: WGA Battle - The Hollywood Fight That’s Tearing Apart Writers & Agents UPDATE: 2023 Strike OVER but SAG still at it!

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
yeah they were better off asking for cash
not every stream equals money is going to be hella technical for them
My thinking too. I know it's bet on yourself, but this ain't going to work out for most if studios start the fuck shit -- and why wouldn't they?
I thought this, because we start and never finish a bunch of shows and movies. Do they get paid by the minute streamed, or something else. Sometimes I just want to go back and watch a particular scene. If I have it bookmarked or on my dvr do they get paid every time I watch Nemo with my granddaughter?
Watch it will be the 'something else'. This is like asking a demented Genie for a million dollars. After the genie hits the person with the :yes: "your wish is my command", the person gets a phone call that their family been wiped out, passes out, wakes up from the coma 60 days later with a $1million gofund me and $1.5 in medical bills.

Studios on some shit with everyone.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
they about to do them like they do in the music industry :lol:

My thinking too. I know it's bet on yourself, but this ain't going to work out for most if studios start the fuck shit -- and why wouldn't they?

Watch it will be the 'something else'. This is like asking a demented Genie for a million dollars. After the genie hits the person with the :yes: "your wish is my command", the person gets a phone call that their family been wiped out, passes out, wakes up from the coma 60 days later with a $1million gofund me and $1.5 in medical bills.

Studios on some shit with everyone.
they just happened to driop this vid

a lot of indie movies dont want that headache
they will shoot a movie sell that movie to studios
whatever the studio makes is on them

one of the main reason is when the sell their movie overseas
they will change the name of the movie and u wouldnt even know what it made hahaha
thats how people like wes snipes was making bank before the tax sthit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
they just happened to driop this vid

a lot of indie movies dont want that headache
they will shoot a movie sell that movie to studios
whatever the studio makes is on them

one of the main reason is when the sell their movie overseas
they will change the name of the movie and u wouldnt even know what it made hahaha
thats how people like wes snipes was making bank before the tax sthit

Wait hold on

I heard a lot but I never thought this was true!

Damn.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But they SUPPOSEDLY going to have certain members of the union members present also.
Being present for an audit isn't really much of a thing. Auditors compile raw data, or at least test someone else's summarization of data, and report their opinions on the validity of the data and implications there of. Their reports can be bias AF depending on everything from the data parameters they choose to analyze and the formats they use to summarize the data, to the wording they choose to narrate their opinions. And all that's just scratching the surface. Not always, but too often there is ample space to steer the results one way or the other. Below is a comment I made about this exact on, Trump Organization's accounting firm...

This is astounding. It appears that his accounting firm was just doing some some simple math and then renting out their letterhead for his financial statements. They never tested, or validated any of his claims. That compilation report not withstanding, this is malpractice, because every time he presented those statements to a potential lender, insurer, tax agency, etc and didn't include that letter, they were committing fraud. What's the point of retaining an accounting firm year after year if not to test and validate the accuracy of the financial statements. Now we learn that the auditors damn near swore out a secret affidavit that they didn't really perform standard and customary audits and had no idea where the numbers came from. They just made sure everything added up correctly. o_O

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Being present for an audit isn't really much of a thing. Auditors compile raw data, or at least test someone else's summarization of data, and report their opinions on the validity of the data and implications there of. Their reports can be bias AF depending on everything from the data parameters they choose to analyze and the formats they use to summarize the data, to the wording they choose to narrate their opinions. And all that's just scratching the surface. Not always, but too often there is ample space to steer the results one way or the other. Below is a comment I made about this exact on, Trump Organization's accounting firm...

You preaching to the choir

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's going to be ugly as fuck. The writers themselves couldn't even come up with the shit that's about to happen. :lol:

this is a royal cluster f*ck Gene

it's getting to point where I think all these execs never thought at least 3 steps ahead about how streaming would work

And before you kill the writers they ACTUALLY kinda saw this coming early and got the lawyers involved when it was internet only content then later streaming was attached to your cable accounts. But the pandemic screwed up all that stuff. And they gave in when the shouldn't have.

Seems like both sides wanted to just get a deal done during a global crisis which was good but never got the right smart folk in the room to figure this out.

Then the streaming + theatre same date stuff happened you saw THOSE law suits.

I have NO IDEA how to fix streaming residuals and even if I did I ain't even giving a CLUE up in here.

And a big part of why it can't be fixed is that all these streamers will not give the real numbers and in reality?

They shouldn't! cause I think either way if it's that they hoarding millions or losing millions a LOT of people are in trouble.

And sometimes we gotta live on that lie.