Is DJ Envy (aka Individual #1) a real estate scammer?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I say this about the victims on "American Greed". It wasn't the bad guys that were greedy, but also the victims who were looking to get a lot for a little.

I don't know Unc Envy was on the radio ALL TIME promoting

And remember when that show was inventing legitimize financial folk and then Envy would slick include his own seminars

I was even considering checking it out.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Damn they say he was at the unemployment office
You can’t really believe that.

Also, as a person who got into real estate about 6 years ago. A lot and I mean 80-90% of the people who offer mentor you about wholesaling, invest, flip and fix etc are the same as envy. If the feds get envy I want a lot of the cacs in the industry to get caught up next,

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Mr Real Estate Rico lol
:roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3:

38ojpg.jpg

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw somewhere that Mary j blige put her house in Envy's name to keep it away from her ex husband during their divorce and Envy held it for her til it was finalized and wouldn't give it back to Mary unless she paid him for taxes he claimed he had to pay because of having it in his name.

Mary had to take him to court to get her house back from him....I don't know how true that is.
If that’s true, shouldn’t Mary paid the taxes on a house she hid from the lawyers? But any due diligence would have discovered this ploy.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can’t really believe that.

Also, as a person who got into real estate about 6 years ago. A lot and I mean 80-90% of the people who offer mentor you about wholesaling, invest, flip and fix etc are the same as envy. If the reds get envy I want a lot of the cacs in the industry to get caught up next,
I was being funny

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Envy and Charlamagne make millions per year. Got to be 2-5million easy.
Technically the Breakfast Club is Envy's show and Angela and Charlamagne are his guests.

He was definitely getting paid more than that

but that's all they're trying to pay to fill Yee's seat? They're on Bet and it's syndicated all over the country. Plus YT.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Envy and Charlamagne make millions per year. Got to be 2-5million easy.
the way they both geeked over Million $$ worth of Game deal
and the various financial scammers they bring on the show
and the shake down claims from JT and Credit Dude
and Charlemagne's alleged difficulty getting a good offer from other companies during his iHeart contract negotiations

I have my doubts about how much they get payed

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I will also say, we all got to do our due diligence when it comes to people and their advice....

I think EYL and Wall Street Trapper do a decent job with the basics, but alot of the information they give and sell is kind of spinoff of this non profit called Better Investing which charge like 100 a year and provides alot of the same information and has been around for decades...Peter Lynch even talked about them in his book....Also, Cedric Black Wealth Challenge which is free and he does zoom calls every 2 weeks and usually has folks from the various areas in the financial world with credentials that speak on different topics

No knock to their hustle though because their shows are entertaining and I think at the surface level it's decent.....
giphy.gif

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly though, the people that got got were scammers too.

Who don't know how to invest in real estate.

Buy a fucking house and rent it out.

What do you need DJ Envy for?
It's funny you said this. I just saw a news piece in which this couple got burnt for 200,000. The funny part was they had a nice house to use as equity for the loan, so obviously they knew something about real estate.

Although I wouldn't call those folks scammers, it did seem like they were trying to turn a quick buck with the assumption they were investing with someone they could trust.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wtf???

Why would she do that?

That job was basically hers if she wanted it.
Cause she has to make that place her number 1 priority. There's YouTube comedians making way more than that putting less energy in and time. Also if someone big in the game goes on tour and want to grab her up to open up or etc she might have to deny that cause her contact forbids her to be gone for a certain amount of time. Not saying she funny but there's certain times a comedian can go on a run and well you don't want to miss it if the time comes. She might be looking at the possibilities and keeping her schedule open just in case it's a go. She might actually just be using the show for temporary gain like more exposure, connects/networking, something to hold her down for the meantime.