Is DJ Envy (aka Individual #1) a real estate scammer?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif
These two failures ruined a good thing, what are they up to these days?

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some of the people suing are considering suing IHEART MEDIA......

Envy done.....Now it makes sense why Angela Yee bounced...Breakfast Club might be done....

Crazy thing FTC put out a statement that Iheart will need to respond too.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think it depends on if the suit is civil vs criminal. I believe all these suites are civil so far so the burden of proof is not as high as a criminal case to get a judgement against him. However, I don’t think they can get him with that one because it was out there that he was an ex-con when they had him on BC. They mentioned it multiple times. As far as him being an accessory to the fraud that would all be based on timelines. If he knew of Pina’s fraudulent dealings and continued to do business with and promote Pina, then I’d say he gonna be paying out. Just my non-expert opinion.

But what about the fact that Envy repeatedly made public appearances with Pina and invited him onto The Breakfast Club? That’s been a common refrain from victims and other critics, who say the DJ used his sizable public platform to lend legitimacy to a scammer.

Legally speaking, Envy’s lawyers say that behavior simply does not rise to the level of active endorsement or direct involvement that would put their client on the hook for Pina’s alleged scheme. They say the DJ and his show were “used” by Pina, just like other media outlets and celebrities.

“Plaintiffs cannot plausibly or convincingly allege that Mr. Casey’s radio and social media interviews were the sole and principle reason for their investments, rather than the specific misrepresentations made by the Pinas directly to the plaintiffs,” D’Angelo wrote in that same court filing. “Mr. Casey has interviewed thousands of guests on The Breakfast Club, including celebrities and entrepreneurs, who have discussed various topics including their life experiences and businesses.”

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw somewhere that Mary j blige put her house in Envy's name to keep it away from her ex husband during their divorce and Envy held it for her til it was finalized and wouldn't give it back to Mary unless she paid him for taxes he claimed he had to pay because of having it in his name.

Mary had to take him to court to get her house back from him....I don't know how true that is.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I saw somewhere that Mary j blige put her house in Envy's name to keep it away from her ex husband during their divorce and Envy held it for her til it was finalized and wouldn't give it back to Mary unless she paid him for taxes he claimed he had to pay because of having it in his name.

Mary had to take him to court to get her house back from him....I don't know how true that is.

Yo I really hope that's just gossip

It should be easy to prove using court records

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Holy sh*t

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

Hmm I always found it strange mjb didnt go to bfc. U would think she would go and promote power