JOKER (2019) Discussion Thread Starring Joaquin Phoenix (Update 9/12/19) Leaked Footage.. GOOD GAWD

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii @largebillsonlyplease @ViCiouS

thoughts?

Before You Get So Serious, Todd Phillips Warns Joker Doesn’t Use ‘Anything’ From Comic Books
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
03-the-joker.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Warner Bros.

No, Todd Phillips does not want to know how you got those scars, or anything else about your canonical origins if you’re the Joker. According to his new interview inEmpire, the writer/director of the upcoming Joaquin Phoenix gritty clown drama didn’t draw from the traditional background of Batman’s greatest villain, but instead thought up some other, newer stuff that might possibly make a regular Gotham guy act so very wackity-schmackity.

Explained Phillips, “We didn’t follow anything from the comic books, which people are gonna be mad about. We just wrote our own version of where a guy like Joker might come from. That’s what was interesting to me. We’re not even doing Joker, but the story of becoming Joker. It’s about this man.” Ah, but will Joaquin’s version of the Joker still want to watch the world burn? Based on the whole “laughing maniacally while getting beat up on the subway” part of the trailer, it sure seems like it, but you’ll have to wait until October 4 to find out for sure.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member

thoughts?

Before You Get So Serious, Todd Phillips Warns Joker Doesn’t Use ‘Anything’ From Comic Books

No, Todd Phillips does not want to know how you got those scars, or anything else about your canonical origins if you’re the Joker. According to his new interview inEmpire, the writer/director of the upcoming Joaquin Phoenix gritty clown drama didn’t draw from the traditional background of Batman’s greatest villain, but instead thought up some other, newer stuff that might possibly make a regular Gotham guy act so very wackity-schmackity.

Explained Phillips, “We didn’t follow anything from the comic books, which people are gonna be mad about. We just wrote our own version of where a guy like Joker might come from. That’s what was interesting to me. We’re not even doing Joker, but the story of becoming Joker. It’s about this man.” Ah, but will Joaquin’s version of the Joker still want to watch the world burn? Based on the whole “laughing maniacally while getting beat up on the subway” part of the trailer, it sure seems like it, but you’ll have to wait until October 4 to find out for sure.

thanks for the heads up
there's no reason i would want to see this movie

sumofyallniggasisbitches2

BootyEnthusiast; Ass-preneur
BGOL Investor

thoughts?

I hate muthafuckas that do this......The comics are the reason why the story is iconic in the first place.... and you gonna spit in the eye of all that just so you can do your own thing, so that you can make up some shit and tell a story you want to tell??? GTFOHWTB!!!!! I'll say this, this better be on some Heath Ledger multiplied by gottdamn Commodus times 12 type shit because if he fucks this up :gun01::gun01:

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Exactly...

I think we can all agree that Joaquin is going to fucking Kill this Joker movie. Dude is probably one of the greatest method actors of our generation. My man transformers into his characters.

Why would you even try to have another Joker out there?? Its going to make your other movie shitty.. and end up impacting the draw.

If Dc was smart (and we know they aren’t) I would set this up as Jared Joker being a knock off imitation of the Definitive Joker. Have a movie where Batman has to step into a turf war between two guys who claim to be Joker.

See that is fucking something that I would pay to see and it would be something different.

Then you could have Jared pull a off screen Super Villian death and have my man comeback as the Fucking Red Hood!!!!

:money::money:

Take my money on that idea.

Or they could make this movie meta and have Phoenix as a struggling comedian turned actor cast as the Joker in a movie and the role drives him insane.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I hate muthafuckas that do this......The comics are the reason why the story is iconic in the first place.... and you gonna spit in the eye of all that just so you can do your own thing, so that you can make up some shit and tell a story you want to tell??? GTFOHWTB!!!!! I'll say this, this better be on some Heath Ledger multiplied by gottdamn Commodus times 12 type shit because if he fucks this up :gun01::gun01:

DC has already said before this movie even started that this is basically like an Elseworld version of Joker.. so it makes sense for it to not have a connection to the comics..

Technically Jared Leto is still the main universes version of Joker...

There two jokers now

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
  1. @fonzerrillii @largebillsonlyplease @ViCiouS

thoughts?

I’ve got no clue why niggas are in here bugging about having no interest in this movie.. Joaquin is about to kill this..

Just wait until the first real trailer drops

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

1. I’ve got no clue why niggas are in here bugging about having no interest in this movie.. Joaquin is about to kill this..

Just wait until the first real trailer drops

^^^

and I am HAPPY DC has decided to FULLY embrace the multiverse, Elseworlds aspects of their comic roots....

they do NOT have to IMITATE Marvel

well I mean they can imitate being GOOD.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

Frankly it's boring at this point to just copy the panels in live action

BGOL Investor
Frankly it's boring at this point to just copy the panels in live action

I'm not saying he should do a straight copy and paste, but there is a rich history of Joker canon that he can embrace and build upon to tell the story. If he wants to do an original story then he should just write an original story about an original character and make a movie about it.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm not saying he should do a straight copy and paste, but there is a rich history of Joker canon that he can embrace and build upon to tell the story. If he wants to do an original story then he should just write an original story about an original character and make a movie about it.

Peculiar
So when they changed and added a rich canon to joker over the years how come nobody asked them to not write this new story and add to the canon if you want to do that then just write an original story about an original character and make a comic about it?

BGOL Investor
Peculiar
So when they changed and added a rich canon to joker over the years how come nobody asked them to not write this new story and add to the canon if you want to do that then just write an original story about an original character and make a comic about it?

The difference is you are doing a movie about a character that already has a story and the story is rich in substance and beloved by millions.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The difference is you are doing a movie about a character that already has a story and the story is rich in substance and beloved by millions.
No difference at all
When they release a new edition of a comic dealing with a new original story about the joker they'll be doing the same exact thing

Just with no complaints lol

Ppl will say wow this is dope they really turned things on its head!

Excellent addition to the canon

But with the movie it needs to be somehow different