Liam Neeson details his search to find random BlackMen to kill t after hearing of a relative's rape.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
hmmm...OK.

Look nobody perfect

but like someone ELSE said.

If he had said some jew bastard raped my friend...

and I went to every synagogue deli and Jewish hangout searching for this rapist...

first WOULD he EVER ADMITTED IT PUBLICLY?

and if he did,

would THAT community be saying they APPRECIATE his COURAGEOUS HONESTY?
He didn't do that though. According to him, he just walked around with a stick hoping to be provoked. To me, it makes sense that if he was really about that life, he would have gone to a Black area doing that shit. I promise dude went nowhere near Black pubs or anything remotely like that. I think he was just selling woof tickets.

Our saying we appreciated his honesty doesn't equate to our thinking that he deserves awards, pats on the back, invites to dinner with the family or anything else for it. Nor does it mean we like what he had to say. It simply acknowledges that his admission is more than most crackas have the balls to do. He still deserves to be subject to our displeasure and anger and whatever comes along with it.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
He didn't do that though. According to him, he just walked around with a stick hoping to be provoked. To me, it makes sense that if he was really about that life, he would have gone to a Black area doing that shit. I promise dude went nowhere near Black pubs or anything remotely like that. I think he was just selling woof tickets.

Our saying we appreciated his honesty doesn't equate to our thinking that he deserves awards, pats on the back, invites to dinner with the family or anything else for it. Nor does it mean we like what he had to say. It simply acknowledges that his admission is more than most crackas have the balls to do. He still deserves to be subject to our displeasure and anger and whatever comes along with it.

People always say they want honest discussions about race and racism, you can't have that if folks, who we know are jacked up mentally, can't confess their "sins" . I don't think this necessarily has to be done with the participation of black folks, again I think some of these conversations are painful and damaging to our psyche on some level. However, it can be used as a tool to address wrong thinking white folks don't realize they have.

I've noted in discussions I see on social media, white folks will come out and attack a comment by a black person, show their ass, basically get schooled and come to the point that they can see another perspective and apologize for being wrong. The schooling part is exhausting though, and mentally dealing with the hate and vitriol until the light goes off can take a toll. I applaud the folks who choose to engage on that level, but I don't have the patience for it, and even just reading the back and forth can be frustrating and depressing. In 2019 black folks should not have to be advocating to be accepted as humans.

I've even cut back on my participation on here. I half ass wish I hadn't chimed in on this, immigration and that ADOS discussion, but it bothers me to see black folks assuming the hate rhetoric of white oppressors and parroting it out in regard to other minorities. We should be holding America accountable and reminding them we know what we are talking about because of the damage done to our communities, communities still in need of healing because of racists and racism. We don't need another damaged population.

Even the folks around here wanting reparations could use what psychologists are saying about the lifelong affects child and family separation, for just a few MONTHS, is having on those kids and parlay that into a parallel discussion about the effect it has had on black folks who endured it for CENTURIES, but they can't see how helping others can help ourselves and allow us to speak and demand from a position of strength, instead of (what is viewed by white folks) as beggars trying to get what they don't "deserve" .

I can't take the stress. I just clicked on this thread and felt the need to say something because of a couple of comments I read from people who tend to generally be more objective on sensitive stuff like this. I'm going to go back to hiding out in the political threads, though even those are starting to become taxing as well.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered

Strom Thurmond. Former Senator of South Carolina. OVERT racist.

600x419

His daughter.

So fucking black people while not fucking with black people can and has coexisted. How does she think all these mixed people got here?

*two cents*

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Strom Thurmond. Former Senator of South Carolina. OVERT racist.

600x419

His daughter.

So fucking black people while not fucking with black people can and has coexisted. How does she think all these mixed people got here?

*two cents*

I've used his example on more than one occasion to shut white folks up who try to tell me someone can't be racist because they have a black xyz.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
People always say they want honest discussions about race and racism, you can't have that if folks, who we know are jacked up mentally, can't confess their "sins" . I don't think this necessarily has to be done with the participation of black folks, again I think some of these conversations are painful and damaging to our psyche on some level. However, it can be used as a tool to address wrong thinking white folks don't realize they have.
Agreed.

I've noted in discussions I see on social media, white folks will come out and attack a comment by a black person, show their ass, basically get schooled and come to the point that they can see another perspective and apologize for being wrong. The schooling part is exhausting though, and mentally dealing with the hate and vitriol until the light goes off can take a toll. I applaud the folks who choose to engage on that level, but I don't have the patience for it, and even just reading the back and forth can be frustrating and depressing. In 2019 black folks should not have to be advocating to be accepted as humans.
I despise those kinds of conversations. They're draining and dehumanizing. It feels like being forced at gun point to teach an adult 2+2=4. All that you said is on point.
I've even cut back on my participation on here. I half ass wish I hadn't chimed in on this, immigration and that ADOS discussion, but it bothers me to see black folks assuming the hate rhetoric of white oppressors and parroting it out in regard to other minorities. We should be holding America accountable and reminding them we know what we are talking about because of the damage done to our communities, communities still in need of healing because of racists and racism. We don't need another damaged population.
Camille, there are some really well reasoning, intelligent people on here that will share ideas and perspectives back and forth - without being personally threatened by another's viewpoint. For me, the chance to engage those individuals, such as yourself, makes it worthwhile. I hate seeing people repeating that far right white rhetoric too - especially when it is wearing the Halloween costume of "consciousness."

Even the folks around here wanting reparations could use what psychologists are saying about the lifelong affects child and family separation, for just a few MONTHS, is having on those kids and parlay that into a parallel discussion about the effect it has had on black folks who endured it for CENTURIES, but they can't see how helping others can help ourselves and allow us to speak and demand from a position of strength, instead of (what is viewed by white folks) as beggars trying to get what they don't "deserve" .

I can't take the stress. I just clicked on this thread and felt the need to say something because of a couple of comments I read from people who tend to generally be more objective on sensitive stuff like this. I'm going to go back to hiding out in the political threads, though even those are starting to become taxing as well.
I hear you. I've cut back quite a bit on my own participation on discussions here. I remember having conversations with my best friend in 1993 where I was pointing out how our people have gone through abduction, the horrors of slavery, jim crow and present day discrimination. All the while, we were passing down psychological damage from generation to generation. I spoke then of how we were in need collectively of therapy. It was 400 years of being beaten down by white supremacy but only a few decades of relative freedom. Those few decades were like a band-aid over an amputation. Meanwhile the machete continues to fall on our limbs. There are those psychological, spiritual and financial wounds that demand healing. I'm glad to see that finally the study of the intergenerational psychological effects of white supremacy on Black people and healing are finally beginning to be in effect. Reparations would definitely assist in that process. If it helps, bear in mind that this board is just a sampling of Black folks but don't represent the collective of Black people. There are many of us who do or have done things outside of here to uplift and advance us. It's not feasible to speak specifically on much of it here in this public space, as everyone here isn't working in our interests, if you get my drift. I appreciate, respect and enjoy reading your viewpoints.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He lost me way before this shit. When it started to lecture folks about guns, when he makes money from action movies told me all I need to know.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The weekend’s other major title, Liam Neeson revenge thriller Cold Pursuit, fell far short of expectations with its third place estimated total of $10.8 million.

The Lionsgate release reportedly cost $60 million to make, but the film was likely hampered by its release in the midst of major controversy involving star Liam Neeson after he confessed in an interview that he once contemplated a “revenge” attack against a random black person. Neeson apologized for the remarks after the backlash.

Indeed,it marks Neeson’s worst opening for a wide release since he rebranded himself as an action star with the wild success of 2009’s Taken.

The film follows a local snowplow operator (Neeson) who becomes consumed by revenge when his son is murdered by a local drug cartel. Laura Dern, Emmy Rossum, and William Forsythe also star. Hans Petter Moland directed the film, and it’s an English-language remake of his 2014 Norwegian film In Order of Disappearance.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Don't know if it's already been posted here but this is probably the most balanced/reasonable take I've heard so far

He's full of shit,because if someone even remotely said that about Jews and gays everyone would tell that person to apologize just like they did to Kevin Hart....

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Two things IMHO. His response to the crime not only tells us a lot of about his mindset but it clearly told him something as well. The mistake he made was sharing this moment of "enlightenment". Now he will always have a question mark.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Liam Neeson's full interview transcript reveals different side to shocking 'black b*****d' comments
The Taken star told the shocking story from his life during an interview for his new movie Cold Pursuit

Liam Neeson has told a shocking story from his past, revealing that he once walked the streets looking for a "black b*****d" to kill.

The Taken star has revealed that he once headed out with a cosh - a heavy stick or bar used as a weapon - looking to murder a black man after finding out that someone close to him had been raped.

He admitted he's "ashamed" of his "awful" behaviour while sharing the shocking story in an interview with The Independent about his new movie Cold Pursuit.

As Mirror Online shares the audio, here's a full transcript...

I'll tell you a story, this is true.

p:nth-of-type(6)","type":"performPlaceholder","relativePos":"after"}" data-placeholder-placeholder="" data-response-start="5873.9800000003015" data-type="placeholder" style="background: transparent; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">
Liam Neeson's 'inappropriate comment' made at end of 'racist' interview revealed

0_Stills-from-film-Cold-Pursuit.jpg

Liam in Cold Pursuit (Image: SplashNews.com)

I'm not going to use any names, but I was away, and I came back. And she told me she had been raped.

But she handled the situation of the rape in the most extraordinary way.

But my immediate reaction was...

I asked, did she know who it was? No.

What colour were they? She said it was a black person.

I've gone up and down areas with a cosh hoping I'd be approached by somebody.

I'm ashamed to say that. And I did it for maybe a week, hoping some black b*****d would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, y'know?

So that I could... kill him.

It took me a week, maybe a week and a half, to go through that.

0_T_007.jpg

The actor in Taken (Image: film still)
And she says to me, 'Where are you going?', and I say, 'I'm just going out for a walk, y'know?'

She says, 'What's wrong?' ... 'Nothing's wrong, I'm fine'.

It was horrible, horrible, when I think back, but I did that. And I've never admitted that. And I'm saying it to a journalist. God forbid.

It's awful. But I did learn a lesson from it.

When I eventually thought, 'What the f**k are you doing?' Y'know?

And I come from a society - I grew up in Northern Ireland in the Troubles - and that, y'know, I, I knew a couple of guys that died on hunger strike and I had acquaintances who were very caught up in the Troubles, and I understand that need for revenge.

Actor Liam Neeson BLASTED over shock claim he 'wanted to kill any black b*****d'

0_MAIN-Liam-Neeson.jpg

He says he understands the primal need for revenge
But it just leads to more revenge and more killing, and more killing, y'know?

Northern Ireland's proof of that, y'know?

All this stuff that's happening in the world, the violence, is proof of that, y'know?

So, that primal need, I understand, y'know?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Liam Neeson: Full transcript of Good Morning America interview addressing racism scandal
Actor speaks about shocking comments made in exclusive interview with The Independent

Liam Neeson has spoken about comments he made to The Independent where he said he roamed the streets with a cosh, wanting to kill a “black bastard” after someone close to him was raped.

Today, he spoke to Good Morning America's Robin Roberts in an attempt to explain the comments which were met with international outrage.

Below is a full transcript of that conversation, edited for clarity.

original, exclusive interview that started a global conversation

Roberts: First of all Liam, I really appriecate your willingness to have this discussion because when it comes to race, it can be very uncomfortable for people and it just caught people off guard how you responded when you were asked about revenge... and you will explain what you said…

https://improvebudget.com/15-discou...edia-theindependent&camp=1415674&ad=136714531
She handled the situation incredibly bravely, but I had never felt this feeling before, which was a primal urge to lash out.

I asked her "Did you know the person?", it was a man... no. "His race?" She said he was a black man. I thought "Okay..." And after that there were some nights I went out deliberately into black areas in the city, looking to be set upon so that I could unleash physical violence. I did it four, maybe four or five, times until I caught myself and it really shocked me, this primal urge. It shocked me and it hurt me.

I did seek help. I went to a priest who heard my confession - I was raised a catholic. I had two very good friends that I talked to, and believe it or not… power walking. Two hours every day to get rid of this.

I'm not racist, this was nearly 40 years ago. But because I was brought up, maybe I’m rabbiting on Robin so forgive me. I was brought up in the north of Irelandand brought up in the Troubles, the 60s, 70s and early 80s...

Roberts: And can you explain to people what that is?

Neeson: There was a war going on in the north of Ireland and I had acquaintances who were involved in the Troubles, the bigotry… one catholic would be killed, the next day a protestant would be killed. One catholic pub would be bombed, a protestant pub would be bombed. I grew up surrounded by that, but I was never part of it.

Liam Neeson: ‘I walked the streets with a cosh, hoping I’d be approached by a 'black b**tard' so that I could kill him’
Roberts: I appreciate your willingness to discuss and then to put it into context, and I know that you’ve heard the reaction from people. One response is the fact that when asking your friend, and I’m glad that she’s okay.

Neeson: She passed away.

Roberts: Oh I’m sorry for your loss. You asked about colour, you didn’t ask if the person was tall or short, big or small….

Neeson: I did actually. I asked all those questions too. I did, I did. But I did ask about race yeah.

Roberts: Because what we heard and saw it was only asking about colour… Would you have had the same reaction if your friend had said it was a white man? Would you have wanted to go out and kill?

Neeson: Oh definitely. If she had said an Irish or a Scot or a Brit or a Lithuanian, I know it would have had the same effect. I was trying to show honour and stand up for my dear friend in this terrible medieval fashion. And I’m a fairly intelligent guy and that’s why it shocked me when I came down to earth after having these horrible feelings. Luckily, no violence occurred ever, thanks be to God.

Roberts: Do you think you actually would have done it? If an innocent black man…

Neeson: Yes.

Roberts: …who had nothing to do with…

Neeson: Yeah I know, that was my feeling. I did want to lash out, yes, because my friend was brutally raped and I thought I was defending her honour, and I admit that. It’s a learning curve…

John Barnes says Liam Neeson 'should be applauded' for revealing he wanted to kill a black man after friend was raped
Roberts: So what is a teachable moment here? Because it doesn’t matter what you say, some people are going to be outraged, others would say "Well at least he’s admitting. He’s being honest that this is a feeling that some people have but never really acknowledge it." But what is the teachable moment here? What are you hoping people will learn from you making these statements?

Neeson: To talk, to open up, to talk about these things. We all pretend we're all politically correct, I mean, in this country, it’s the same in my own, sometimes you scratch the surface and discover this racism and bigotry, and it's there.

I remember when we were shooting Schindler’s List in Poland 25 years ago, 26 years ago almost, and hearing remarks from drivers who were taking us to the set and thinking to myself “am I hearing this right? This guy is making anti-Jewishcomments to me who’s playing Oskar Schindler in the back of the car." It happened several times. Sometimes, driving to the set, we would see swastika signs painted on walls, knowing we were being driven past this area to go to set.

Roberts: What do we do? How do we have…

Neeson: You tell me, you tell me what the teachable moment is, please. I’m going to throw it back at you.

Roberts: I think the teachable moment is we have to own up to what we… the one point I want to make out is that this wasn't discovered by somebody, you admitted this, it isn't a 'gotcha', so I give you credit there, but also having to acknowledge the hurt, even though it happened decades ago, the hurt of an innocent black man knowing that he could have been killed for something he did not do because of the colour of his skin.

Neeson: Or they could have killed me too, at the time.

Roberts: But to get beyond it being a difficult conversation and understanding that we do need to get to the root of it, to stop just taking about it… I know that you’re getting crucified in many ways for saying what you did…

Neeson: Sure…

Liam Neeson through the years
Show all 23
Roberts: And you’re not shying away, you’re admitting that it’s wrong, you’ve learned from that. But you have to also understand the pain of a black person hearing what you said.

Neeson: Absolutely, you're absolutely right. And at the time, even though this was nearly 40 years ago, I didn't think about that. All those things surprised me, but it was this primal hatred, I guess, that really really shocked me, when I eventually came down to earth and saw what I was doing, going out looking for a fight.

Roberts: It’s not the way… and that’s what the basis of your movie is too, it just goes on and on.

Neeson: Violence breeds violence, bigotry breeds bigotry.

Roberts: There’s no end when you do it like that. Liam Neeson, thank you. I know it’s not easy, I know, and I wish we could settle it all.

Neeson: See the movie, it’s a good movie by the way! Having said all that.

Roberts: It is dark, I’ll say that, it is dark. We will have a lot more of the movie tomorrow, but thank you for coming here as promised to have this discussion with us, it means a lot.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...d-morning-america-robin-roberts-a8764286.html

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/11/liam-neeson-cold-pursuit-box-office/

Liam Neeson’s Cold Pursuit flops at box office amid controversy

February 11, 2019 at 10:21 AM EST
Liam Neeson’s latest has received a rather icy reception at the box office.

The actor’s revenge thriller Cold Pursuit earned only $10.8 million in theaters for its opening weekend.

That’s one of Neeson’s worst opening weekends ever, arguably his lowest for a modern action movie since 1990’s Darkman (1995’s historical drama Rob Roy also opened lower).

Doane Gregory/Summit Entertainment
Cold Pursuit is a big step down from Taken 3, which opened to $39 million in 2015. But its performance isn’t all that different from the opening of his last action movie, 2018’s The Commuter ($14 million) — though Cold Pursuit received far better reviews (it’s currently at 76 percent on Rotten Tomatoes) and so, one would think, would perform better.

What’s unclear is what impact Neeson’s current controversy might have had on the film’s success. The actor made worldwide headlines last week after he confessed in an interview to, many years ago, taking walking excursions while carrying a blunt weapon hoping to be attacked by a black man so he could “kill him” in revenge for a loved one’s rape. The admission has resulted in the actor being accused of being racist, which he denies.

The weekend’s box office was topped by The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part which brought in $35 million. What Men Want was in second place and Cold Pursuit opened in third. Cold Pursuit follows a snowplow operator (Neeson) who becomes consumed by revenge when his son is murdered by a local drug cartel. Laura Dern, Emmy Rossum, and William Forsythe also star.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Neeson next has a supporting role coming up in Men in Black: International, which opens June 14.

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
Don't know if it's already been posted here but this is probably the most balanced/reasonable take I've heard so far

It's not balanced. Trevor Noah is a very smart man. He changed the story so he could sound like he's fair and balanced but he's full of shit. Liam Neeson did not have a racist moment as Noah claimed. Noah's trying to show his audience that he can potentially forgive Neeson for his "mistake". But that rage didn't make Neeson racist. Neeson asked "What colour was he"?, which means he's been racist all his life and his friend just gave him an excuse to do what he always wanted to do but didn't have the "rage" inside to do it. Trevor Noah knows this. He's full of shit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I do not like Viola Davis staying silent in this.

Cause when they were promoting their movie together she made a real BIG deal about that kiss.

And then Michelle Rodriguez used that same kiss to defend Liam

This ain't gonna just go away.