fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"They might as well call you Stevie Wonder, because nobody can see you in that ring"....

WTF man.

That made no sense. Not only do they botch in the ring, they botch on promos lolz

Those moments when it sounds better in your head and you completely blow ruin it with the delivery.

Yes please.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ospreay/Swerve at "Forbidden Door". No way they take the belt off of Swerve that soon so they either they fight to a draw or Swerve wins and they run it back at "All In". What I don't understand is if this is "Forbidden Door" why isn't a New Japan or CMILL talent challenging Swerve for the title? Shota Umino should've won the gauntlet.

Last edited:

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ospreay/Swerve at "Forbidden Door". No way they take the belt off of Swerve that soon so they either they fight to a draw or Swerve wins and they run it back at "All In". What I don't understand is if this is "Forbidden Door" why isn't a New Japan or CMILL talent challenging Swerve for the title? Shota Umino should've won the gauntlet.

Shit is a trip. Ospreay is being booked like how I would book myself in a videogame. Lol.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stop it. I understand its a partnership, thats why i mentioned it...it was Dynamite on 4/24, and it doesn't matter what partnership you have, you do not feature another companies championship above your own, that's bad for business, period. Forbidden door is a one off PPV, again, it's doesn't matter if you have a working partnership, you as the host, do not feature their main champion over yours...it does nothing for you!!!

As far as Swerve, him being a babyface has nothing to with shitty booking, and shitty placement. If this is Tony's idea of a fighting champion, he didn't pay attention to the formula he watched growing up. No one is saying Swerve can't fight from underneath but Got Damn, make the man who's carrying your primary championship look like he's the fuckin champion. We already talked about how he mishandled him after winning the championship. Who books their new champion in a meaningless match his first appearance after winning, and on top of that, you don't hear shit from him. Then you book him to speak on your B show that has even less eyes on it because you succumbed to complaints on social media. That went over like a fart in church. Most people I'm seeing react to this, including AEW some die hards are not happy with the Swerve reign, and outside of the cats who just refuse to stop making excuses for the King of ADD, we understand he's fucking this run up.

That what separate AEW from others!!...I don't think its bad business when you have a good partnership with another company..Esp when yall have a successful PPV together and yall are getting ready to promote it!!....Also, it was a Dynamite Show!!..Usually their World Champ wrestle at the beginning or mid of the show!!...

Swerve has been the Champ for a month now, If you saw some of the interviews he did after he won the belt...He said he's going to wrestle alot and be on this fighting champ vibe!!...He's doing nothing different than Moxley, Hangman, Samoa Joe, Kenny Omega, and MJF did when they had the World Championship Belt!!..They wrestle all the time on Dynamite and Rampage(Beginning or Mid in the show!!)...TK thing is that he want his wrestlers to wrestle( no matter if the booking is bad or not)....

It is what it is at AEW...Enjoy the wrestling!!..

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On AEW TV the main event spot ISN'T where you want to be. Dynamite is at its most watched in the first 30 minutes of the show, so you want your World champion doing something in that time period and not the main event. Yeah, Moxley was in the main event but how many people watched it compared to the opening of the show. TK books his shows around viewership peaks and how to maintain that peak. That's why the women are usually put in the second hour because they can't maintain a viewership.
Facts!!...I was saying this a while back!!....AEW always does it this way!!..

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
That what separate AEW from others!!...I don't think its bad business when you have a good partnership with another company..Esp when yall have a successful PPV together and yall are getting ready to promote it!!....Also, it was a Dynamite Show!!..Usually their World Champ wrestle at the beginning or mid of the show!!...

Swerve has been the Champ for a month now, If you saw some of the interviews he did after he won the belt...He said he's going to wrestle alot and be on this fighting champ vibe!!...He's doing nothing different than Moxley, Hangman, Samoa Joe, Kenny Omega, and MJF did when they had the World Championship Belt!!..They wrestle all the time on Dynamite and Rampage(Beginning or Mid in the show!!)...TK thing is that he want his wrestlers to wrestle( no matter if the booking is bad or not)....

It is what it is at AEW...Enjoy the wrestling!!..
You are completely missing the point, so I'm gonna let this go, cause, at this point, you are so enamored with AEW, that someone could literally take a shit in the middle of the ring, and you'd call it art or make an excuse for how good it was.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You are completely missing the point, so I'm gonna let this go, cause, at this point, you are so enamored with AEW, that someone could literally take a shit in the middle of the ring, and you'd call it art or make an excuse for how good it was.
Man we never got confirmation if he’s AI or some shit lol,…..

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also, why is Swerve wrestling every week? That should be the secondary title holder's job.

The world championship should be reserved for bigger shows or a once a month title defence cadence.
I am torn about this as people want to see the champ wrestle, but psychologically the champ only wrestles when you THINK he might lose. I know WCW used to do this with its champs back in the day of having their champ wrestle on televised shows. You KNEW Hogan wasn't gonna lose, but for those in attendance they got to see the champ wrestle. That way you didn't have to pay exorbitant amount of money to see said champ wrestle on a PPV.

Also that is a VERY new way of booking your champ as well. Just cause Brock makes it commonplace now doesn't mean that is how it is or should be done. Cody wrestles on TV and again you are pretty quiet.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Man we never got confirmation if he’s AI or some shit lol,…..
He'd probably sound like Vince McMahon...."that's some good shit, pal."

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I am torn about this as people want to see the champ wrestle, but psychologically the champ only wrestles when you THINK he might lose. I know WCW used to do this with its champs back in the day of having their champ wrestle on televised shows. You KNEW Hogan wasn't gonna lose, but for those in attendance they got to see the champ wrestle. That way you didn't have to pay exorbitant amount of money to see said champ wrestle on a PPV.

Also that is a VERY new way of booking your champ as well. Just cause Brock makes it commonplace now doesn't mean that is how it is or should be done. Cody wrestles on TV and again you are pretty quiet.
The booking is so damned predictable, it makes no sense to have him defend the title weekly.

Yes, he defeats Christian Cage on Sunday, let's have him defend the title against Cage's lackey on Wednesday....will he lose it to Luchasaurus? Nick Wayne? Lolz

Cody wrestles on TV AND in house shows, however, he's not wrestling every week defending his title on television. Same with Priest.

The secondary titles should be the belts defended weekly on TV, doing so makes the top belt that more important.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor

I don't even think it's that, at least not for me. It's he's rarely if ever in the main event, and he isn't presented like a world champion. I have no problem with him being televised regularly, but make that shit mean something. Right now, fully expecting Tony to take the title off of him and put it on Ospreay...

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The booking is so damned predictable, it makes no sense to have him defend the title weekly.

Yes, he defeats Christian Cage on Sunday, let's have him defend the title against Cage's lackey on Wednesday....will he lose it to Luchasaurus? Nick Wayne? Lolz

Cody wrestles on TV AND in house shows, however, he's not wrestling every week defending his title on television. Same with Priest.

The secondary titles should be the belts defended weekly on TV, doing so makes the top belt that more important.
Okay so lets take predicable booking out of this! Nobody is gonna figure out what a Coked Out Tony Khan is trying to do. You're gonna get a brain aneurysm trying to figure it out.

Dog you keep moving the goal post first it's wrestling every week then it's defending the title which the AEW belt wasn't on the line, in those matches you mentioned. While Cody IS defending the title most recently 5 DAYS STRAIGHT INCLUDING dark matches in May!!! Then in April after JUST winning the belt against Dominik Mysterio with the belt on the line...IN A FCUKING DARK MATCH! Then four days straight against Shinsuke Nakamura with the belt on the line.

It's hilarious that folks'll shyt on Blackman80 and AEW, but you cats do the same shyt for WWE. You motherfcukers is the same coin just different sides. Kenny Omega takes a shyt in the ring and it's art. Vince takes a shyt in the ring and it's "some good shyt!"

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't even think it's that, at least not for me. It's he's rarely if ever in the main event, and he isn't presented like a world champion. I have no problem with him being televised regularly, but make that shit mean something. Right now, fully expecting Tony to take the title off of him and put it on Ospreay...
Is that due to how they're treating the title or how wrestling has treated black wrestlers? Cause those are two different things!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Okay so lets take predicable booking out of this! Nobody is gonna figure out what a Coked Out Tony Khan is trying to do. You're gonna get a brain aneurysm trying to figure it out.

Dog you keep moving the goal post first it's wrestling every week then it's defending the title which the AEW belt wasn't on the line, in those matches you mentioned. While Cody IS defending the title most recently 5 DAYS STRAIGHT INCLUDING dark matches in May!!! Then in April after JUST winning the belt against Dominik Mysterio with the belt on the line...IN A FCUKING DARK MATCH! Then four days straight against Shinsuke Nakamura with the belt on the line.

It's hilarious that folks'll shyt on Blackman80 and AEW, but you cats do the same shyt for WWE. You motherfcukers is the same coin just different sides. Kenny Omega takes a shyt in the ring and it's art. Vince takes a shyt in the ring and it's "some good shyt!"
AEW doesn't do house shows. I mentioned house shows because, that's where Cody has been doing a lot of matches/appearances, for those live crowds akin to the Hogan example you provided.

We're talking about wrestling on television.

It's predictable booking that Swerve isn't going to lose a match/title on a Wednesday after a PPV.

It's predictable booking that Swerve isn't going to lose a match/title on the first segment of their Wednesday show.

Seeing LESS of the world champion makes the title feel like a big deal, where as AEW is treating their top champion like a mid carder not worthy of being a main eventer. IDGAF if TK or his AEW Stans don't consider the end of the show the main event, that's what it is.

Having your world champion wrestle the first match of the show doesn't make him seem all that important and the way they are booking him, to "get eyes on him" early in the show isn't doing him nor his title reign any favors.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Is that due to how they're treating the title or how wrestling has treated black wrestlers? Cause those are two different things!
I don't even think it's the race thing, at least I hope it's not. I think Tony has absolutely no focus. He gets a new favorite and runs with it. I've heard the action figure reference as it pertains to his booking, and damn if it isn't true. He focuses on his "new toys" to his detriment. He signed Okada, first match, wins a championship, Mercedes, same thing, if he had gotten Ospreays without the previous contract obligations, it would have gone the same way, but, even with that, as soon as he could, put a title on him. I feel like with Swerve, it was what the fans wanted, but not necessarily what he wanted, and the way Swerve has been handled, shows it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Vince? You mean Hunter? I think everyone collectively hates Vince lol.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't even think it's the race thing, at least I hope it's not. I think Tony has absolutely no focus. He gets a new favorite and runs with it. I've heard the action figure reference as it pertains to his booking, and damn if it isn't true. He focuses on his "new toys" to his detriment. He signed Okada, first match, wins a championship, Mercedes, same thing, if he had gotten Ospreays without the previous contract obligations, it would have gone the same way, but, even with that, as soon as he could, put a title on him. I feel like with Swerve, it was what the fans wanted, but not necessarily what he wanted, and the way Swerve has been handled, shows it.
Yeah that’s a good point. They have less investment in Swerve so they could give a damn how they book him. That’s how it comes across anyway. Hopefully they let Swerve at least hold a secondary title once he lose this shit to Ospreay.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Bruh, I told you how they do things over there at AEW!!..I been watching this wrestling show since they came on TV 5 years ago!!..They are not going to change!!...Some of yall nic-pick over and over about the same things that AEW does over there and you see they continue to run their show the way they want to run it!!..

It is what it is!!...Enjoy the wrestling or don't watch it!!!...

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yep!!!...0utsyder, Brother some of the dudes on this Wrestling Thread are something else!!...Some of them on here nic pick over and over about the same things what AEW does over there!!...That's crazy man!!...

My thing is if you don't like how they run their wrestling company over there..Then don't watch it!!...

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AEW doesn't do house shows. I mentioned house shows because, that's where Cody has been doing a lot of matches/appearances, for those live crowds akin to the Hogan example you provided.

We're talking about wrestling on television.
What's "on television?" cause those house shows are on television. Streaming on Peacock is still television. So move the goal post again, just know the whole Netflix deal is what I am going to respond to you with.
It's predictable booking that Swerve isn't going to lose a match/title on a Wednesday after a PPV.

It's predictable booking that Swerve isn't going to lose a match/title on the first segment of their Wednesday show.
It's predictable if it's the first or last. Televised or not. On RAW, Smackdown or AEW. Are we still...better yet WHY are we still talking about predictable booking?
Seeing LESS of the world champion makes the title feel like a big deal, where as AEW is treating their top champion like a mid carder not worthy of being a main eventer. IDGAF if TK or his AEW Stans don't consider the end of the show the main event, that's what it is.

Having your world champion wrestle the first match of the show doesn't make him seem all that important and the way they are booking him, to "get eyes on him" early in the show isn't doing him nor his title reign any favors.
...okay blackma...I mean EPDC. You just only going to champion WWE. Shouldn't have to put you in the ankle lock to point out WWE flaws

Last edited: