Movie News: Marvel Black Widow drops in Theaters & Disney + (Fonzi Approved) UPDATE: Scarlett Johansson & Disney PEACE Settlement!

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
finally finished watching. this movie was heavy on the cheesy jokes, red room in the early years of Nat and Yelena was non-existent, barely any character development of Taskmaster, Hawkeye Budapest was just explained away. this movie is a slight notch above Captain Marvel, and that's not a compliment. definitely not worth the wait nor hype
Nah captain marvel was better than this. This movie was a headache. The final battle was a headache. This was the worst shot transitions ive ever seen in an action sequence it was frustrating along with the pacing. I couldn't make out what was happening the fight sequences were almost as bad as Batman begins. The trailers hyped up taskmaster but it was so lackluster.they didn't even respect the sorce material. The movie was all over the place and filled with lame jokes stop it already marvel. I blame Disney marvel didnt do this shit when they were with paramount . I hope they paramount. They cohldve made a black widow Hawkeye team up movie about their time in Budapest and did that red room shit in a series.the only likable character was red guardian and cool crimson dynamo name drop btw. Im disappointed this movie couldve been so much more especially with taskmaster. If they gave that character the right treatment she couldve been used for a spider-woman movie. This movie is a marvel dud In The same ranking as Thor dark World , iron man 3, and ant man 2 im glad I saw it for free.

Last edited:

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah captain marvel was better than this. This movie was a headache. The final battle was a headache. This was the worst shot transitions ive ever seen in an action sequence it was frustrating along with the pacing. I couldn't make out what was happening the fight sequences wers almost as bad as Batman begins. The trailers hyped up taskmaster but it eas so lackluster.they didn't even respect the sorce material. The movie was all iver the place and filled with lame jokes set up it already marvel. I blame Disney .arvel didnt so this shit when they were with . I hope they paramount. They cohldve made a black widow Hawkeye team up movie about their time in Budapest and die that red room shit in a series.the only likable character was red guardian and cool crimson dynamo name drop btw. Im disappointed this movie couldve been so much more especially with taskmaster. If they gave that character the right treatment she couodve been used for a spider-woman movie. This movie is a marvel dud I. The same ranking as Thor dark World , iron man 3, and ant man 2 im glad I saw it for free.

This. I love to see how people hype up an average at best film.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I'm not super familiar with the backstory of the character.
Looked pretty bad ass
I don't want to say too much...

it's not the guy from the comics
it's a chic
marvel has been doing a lot of gender bending in their films lately. I don't mind that taskmaster was female what bugs me is they strayed away from the character if her comic counterpart.

Last edited:

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't care for the movie when it was announced, wasn't gonna pay to see it. I don't care for the BW character, but I watched the film today and it was good. I enjoyed it, surprisingly. Wouldn't have been upset seeing it in a theater.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
marvel has been doing a lot of gender bending in their films lately. I don't mind that taskmaster was female what bugs me is they strayed away from the character if her comic counterpart.

Like if your going to have a female villain do it. Instead every female character in the film is a hero or a victim. All the men save 1 are villainous or inept. It's not progressive, it's just swapping which gender gets to be treated negatively.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Shit was trash, terrible pacing, bad screenplay, the characters emotional connections and motivations where paper thin, the action was choppy and by the numbers. There wasn't a single bit of uniqueness, movie magic, or anything impressive. Really a shame that this will stand as black widows swan song, the bad Russian accents where annoying as well and don't get me started on how badly they dropped the ball on taskmaster. MCU Basically pulled a Deadpool in x men origins wolverine.

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I enjoyed it a lot. I think it established Yelena as the future black widow pretty well, Pugh and Harbour stole to show.

My one and only MAJOR frustration of this film is what they did to Taskmaster. He’s an incredible villain in the comics, one of my favorites and underrated villains in Marvel and DC. It was one think I was really hoping wouldn’t happen but unfortunately it did.

Overall...bottom third MCU movie, but I still liked it like most of the others in that tier as well.

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I watched this last night on BGOL cinemas
I thought it was just.....meh.....okay
A little bit better than the Captain Marvel movie
But nothing to write home about

It kind of dragged along & was a little boring in some parts
I wasn't familiar with the Taskmaster character beforehand
So I can't really complain about the "big reveal"
But these movies are really really pushing the feminist agenda

:yawn2::yawn2::yawn2::yawn2::yawn2::yawn2:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I DL it and watch it this morning!!..This movie was ok!!...It was nothing to go wild about and you knida knew how everything was going to happen in this movie!!...I'm glad I didn't went to the movies and saw this!!...Overall, it was ok!!

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted to love this but it fell flat.
I blame the director.
She is shit.

Everyone gassing Florence Pugh... she wasn't it. Fuck her.

I liked everyone else but her!

Taskmaster was lame.

Hollywood needs to stop doing mind control plots. It is annoying.

Taskmaster had a legitimate motivation. They didn't need the extra shit.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
I wanted to love this but it fell flat.
I blame the director.
She is shit.

Everyone gassing Florence Pugh... she wasn't it. Fuck her.

I liked everyone else but her!

Taskmaster was lame.

Hollywood needs to stop doing mind control plots. It is annoying.

Taskmaster had a legitimate motivation. They didn't need the extra shit.

Go easy bruh, Pugh can get it with her thick self.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Like the movie as far as the BW origins but that's where it stopped, they could have kept the comedy shit. This was more a filler and setup movie for the next phase. Her sister was the star of this one.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I completely disagree. I don't ever want to see her sister again.
Her mother did a better job.

Like the movie as far as the BW origins but that's where it stopped, they could have kept the comedy shit. This was more a filler and setup movie for the next phase. Her sister was the star of this one.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I enjoyed it a lot. I think it established Yelena as the future black widow pretty well, Pugh and Harbour stole to show.

My one and only MAJOR frustration of this film is what they did to Taskmaster. He’s an incredible villain in the comics, one of my favorites and underrated villains in Marvel and DC. It was one think I was really hoping wouldn’t happen but unfortunately it did.

Overall...bottom third MCU movie, but I still liked it like most of the others in that tier as well.

He had an excellent recent limited series with really gave him depth, personality and expanded his back story

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Theory....

The movie is an Origin story for Taskmaster and Yelena...

Since MCU Taskmaster is an actual computer Protocol/Tech...

The MCU could be setting up the MCU version of Tony Masters, a former Shield Agent, Mercenary or whatever, to take over the technology and train reformed villains...

It seems they are laying the groundwork for a MCU Thunderbolts or what ever organization
Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine works for...

They have plenty of former "Villains" to play around with....

Thunderbolt Ross
Zemo
Winter Soldier
Black Widow / Yelena
Taskmaster
US Agent
Ghost

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Side Note:
Is it just me, or did it seem like they were trying to copy "the winter soldier formula" in this movie

Not much character development for the villain
But was so bad ass that whenever he showed up, something or someone was getting fucked up
Hand to hand combat scenes, similar to Cap&Winter Soldier
Someone gets hit & goes flying off a bridge
Throwing the shield into an object, also similar to what they did before
Even the scene where Taskmaster shot an arrow under the BMW SUV to make it explode

But with this black widow movie, it was kinda like...humm...I've seen all of this before :hmm:

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Tell me these scenes don't look kind of similar in the Black Widow movie.....

H2ui.gif

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I can't find the gif of when Winter Soldier threw the shield at Cap
It got lodged into the side of that van, & almost took Caps his head off

Similar to when Taskmaster threw his/her shield down the subway escalator
And it got lodged into the column/beam

At the .40 second mark.....

Last edited: