MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@dbluesun

I still need to get around to a number of the Best Picture nominees from the last Oscars. I'm really hoping to get around to those in the next month or two. They've been in the queue for ages.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

2000s-Week-Mega-List_080524_2000x1200-2.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

2000s-Week-Best-Performances_081224_2000x1200_B.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Instigators

Even in every heist film in which the thieves are sharp and seem to have a fool proof plan something or everything goes wrong. In this movie the thieves are basically new to heisting and have no solid plan. Theres retired Marine Rory (Matt Damon) and an alcoholic Cobby (Casey Affleck) who have great banter throughout the movie and of course there are hot heads and threatening organizers along for the ride.Apple TV spared no expense gathering the talent for this movie which I found impressive. The movie has one of the most exciting car chases I have ever seen.By the time the movie gets to its last 30 minutes it starts to run out of steam. Something that was introduced at the beginning of the film makes certain parts of the aforementioned very predictable. There was a cute moment at the end of the film that I liked and I know they were going for a hey that's life in the big city finish but I thought the ending was one of the most unsatisfying I have ever watched in a movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The Instigators

Even in every heist film in which the thieves are sharp and seem to have a fool proof plan something or everything goes wrong. In this movie the thieves are basically new to heisting and have no solid plan. Theres retired Marine Rory (Matt Damon) and an alcoholic Cobby (Casey Affleck) who have great banter throughout the movie and of course there are hot heads and threatening organizers along for the ride.Apple TV spared no expense gathering the talent for this movie which I found impressive. The movie has one of the most exciting car chases I have ever seen.By the time the movie gets to its last 30 minutes it starts to run out of steam. Something that was introduced at the beginning of the film makes certain parts of the aforementioned very predictable. There was a cute moment at the end of the film that I liked and I know they were going for a hey that's life in the big city finish but I thought the ending was one of the most unsatisfying I have ever watched in a movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Agreed. The ending wrapped up too quickly.

Yes re: the car chase. Great song choice for it too ... not your typical car chase type song, but very fun to hear nonetheless!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

GettyImages-1436909785-e1723136372166.jpg

RIP.

And the Orange Moron is still walking and breathing…

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

76323e01663044bea9016513c4d4661d_md.jpg

8a5f98de68e142b19f5e36ae257c01c6_md.jpg

RIP.

And the Orange Moron is still walking and breathing…

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I saw 2 Westerns recently

the original "Django 1966" and another called The Great Silence
The great silence is Tarantino's hateful eight, the snow, the cabin, the yelling to shut the door, stagecoach ride, he copied the entire movie
these are Italian movies with English dub, I normally don't watch foreign movies in dub but i can't watch a Western in italian voice audio

The Great Silence is supposed to be better but I liked Django more

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Alien Romulus

Face huggers, chest busters and Xenomorphs...I was in

I liked it. It's probably the best one since the second.

It does a good job of using shadows and creating tension. It's more of a horror movie like the first. The performances were also good. Industry dude shows what a good actor he is. Of course you have people making dumb decisions. Mixing seemed bad at first, it was hard to hear them in spots when they were in the mines, that might have been IMAX. I do notice sometimes some movies are made for regular screens with the sound. The other android dude looked a little weird.

I do wish there was more people, because I wanted more killing ...they didn't include the part of what Xenomorph does to the ship. You just see the after effects....could we have gotten a flashback :dunno:

Overall a nice ending to the summer movie season. I'm interested in how it does this weekend.

They did a good job of setting back up an Alien franchise.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend