MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
V/H/S: Viral

4.5/10

This is the 3rd film in the VHS franchise I watched this afternoon at home on Hulu.

It follows the “Found Footage” genre with 4 stories.

The main story which is shown in parts thru-out the film is about a guy obsessed about filming everything he sees.

The 2nd story is about a loser who obtains a magical cape.

The 3rd story is about a bunch of teenage skateboarders getting pursued by some satanic cult in Mexico.

If you are a fan of found footage films, you will enjoy this.

Synopsis

A police chase through the streets of Los Angeles inspires dozens of fame-obsessed teens to try to capture the salacious footage, but they are unaware that they will face their own deaths as stars of the next video sensation.

MV5BMTk0MDQ5NjI5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA1MTY3MjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

image-1.png

ryan4.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Brahms: The Boy II

5/10

I been sitting on this for some time and watched it this afternoon at home on Netflix.

The film picks up some time after the first film.

Not much to say but the that the film shows who put the doll back together in the final scene of the first film.

More history is given on the doll. They left it off for future films by taking it into a different direction.

Nothing for scares.

Synopsis

When a young family moves to the Heelshire's residence, terror strikes when a boy from the family discovers a doll called Brahms that appears to be eerily human.

MV5BNzJjYzM3NTktZDEwZS00ZTk1LTkxOTMtMjQ4YjIwYTI1YjY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Wedding Crashers 2 should've happened at least 10 yrs ago, hell 17 years ago. The original came out in 2005!!!

It's interesting how sequels and reboots come about.

Some movies and franchises run themselves into the ground with 5 - 10 movies.

Others wait a long time (often too long) to follow up ... and you wonder what the hold-up is.

It'll be interesting to see how the Beetlejuice movie is received. The original movie from March 1988 has always been popular ... the sequel comes out next week - Sept. 2024!

Thought for sure there would have been some sequels in the 90s, lol.

Friday the 13th, Alien, and Nightmare on Elm Street would have done 7 - 10 movies for Beetle by now!

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Time trap
Is on Netflix
The idea gets an A+ , a cave that once you enter every minute means a year has passed outside , with this premise you can’t lose
But the movie has a low budget and is almost ruined by annoying cac characters , I almost shut it off a few times in the beginning but the story kept my interest , in the end it was a decent movie , reminds me of a 90s tv movie , with the bad acting & bad special effects , but the idea was interesting
Is worth the watch

The night comes for us
The story doesn’t matter just think of it as the raid but not in a building
Good movie , if you liked the raid , the new one kill” , this is similar all action shootouts & fights
They get creative with the way they kill people , lots of gore & blood

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brahms: The Boy II

5/10

I been sitting on this for some time and watched it this afternoon at home.

The film picks up some time after the first film.

Not much to say but the that the film shows who put the doll back together in the final scene of the first film.

More history is given on the doll. They left it off for future films by taking it into a different direction.

Nothing for scares.

Synopsis

When a young family moves to the Heelshire's residence, terror strikes when a boy from the family discovers a doll called Brahms that appears to be eerily human.

MV5BNzJjYzM3NTktZDEwZS00ZTk1LTkxOTMtMjQ4YjIwYTI1YjY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

Never heard of this and I have 6k movies in plex
Is the first one worth watching ?

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Killer

The plot is very basic but the movie is pumped up by John Woo's stylish direction and some good performances from Nathalie Emmanuel, Omar Sy, Sam Worthington, and Diana Silvers. I think there was some good tension between the characters and it's fun at times but unfortunately only really comes to life in it's last 30 minutes. On top of that even with a high production it felt like I was watching a B movie at times due to some line delivery and awkwardly displayed scenes.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Battle Beyond the Stars

4/10

I had last seen this flick when it was released in theaters when I was kid back in 1980. I watched it last night at home on tubi.

The film tried to gained success from the “Star Wars” and “Star Trek” films that had recently came out. They tried copying the bad guys spaceship doing what Lucas did with the Star Destroyer in the opening scene of “Star Wars”.

The film is basically a space western, retelling the classic “Seven Samurai” film.

It is full of well known B-List actors from well known TV/Films of the 70s/80s.

I had seen in the opening credits “James Cameron” name listed. I looked it up and he actually did the VFX/SFX for the film. The effects, being it’s a B-Movie, actually look good with the spacecraft shown in space. Space explosions do look corny.

It’s an entertaining film, that’s about all it’s good for.

tubi has a good clean copy.

Synopsis

Seven space warriors do battle to save a peaceful planet from a ruthless conqueror who promises to give his laser-toting mutant followers eternal life - by grafting victims' organs and limbs on to their aged bodies.

MV5BMWJlZjZiNDktMDk2Yi00ZmJhLWJjYjUtMDU4Zjc4MjdmYzg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUxNjc5NjY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
A Quiet Place: Day One

3.5/10

I watched this last night at home on Paramount+

Since I’m the last person on the forum that has seen it, I’m not gonna go into it.

The movie basically bombed with the story. It was pretty much predictable. If you haven’t seen the film, what you see in the trailer is pretty much the entire film.

What new information it gives is at the beginning when Lupita’s character is arriving into Manhattan, we see a group of military jets flying low cover over Manhattan. This is the first clue the US Government knew what was coming before the general populace became aware. The military also pointed out early on how the aliens used sound to attack. Another clue that the government knew more than what they had let in on.

The next thing was we discovered that the initial attacks came upon major cities from what was shown on a globe, that the lady had listening to the radio for updates on what was going on. This is a clue that this was a coordinated attack from someone.

The last thing I noticed was the film showed how the aliens sustained themselves with food.

One highlight of the film that actually kept you glued to the screen was that damn cat. While watching it you were expecting that dumbass cat to make a bunch of racket bringing on the aliens. HaHa!!!:16:

I also noticed that the White Boy had an uncanny resemblance to Robert Downey Jr when he was younger. I first noticed him in the last season of “Stranger Things”, but this film with the short hair, he could pass for Robert’s younger brother. Disney needs to cast him for “Tony Stark”.

This film showed the arrival and the last film showed how the aliens can be defeated. If another film is planned, it has to reveal where these aliens came from and how much the government knew about them before they came. Another film with mofos running around being quiet running from these aliens will definitely bomb at the box office if that is the plan for the next film.

Paramount+ has all 3 films on its service.

Synopsis

When New York City comes under attack from an alien invasion, a woman and other survivors try to find a way to safety. They soon learn that they must remain absolutely silent as the mysterious creatures are drawn to the slightest sound.

MV5BNGZmODU3ZDEtMjQwZC00NTA5LThmNWYtYzk5MmY5ZmM4NGIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
BLINK TWICE

ILLUSIONS !!

PRAISE: Director Zoe Kravitz and Co writer E.T. Feigenbaum take specific controversial subject matter ,fame,the pleasures of life and celebrity worship and put a darkly comic comedic spin on it. Most of the movie works for the most part and it's no wonder there is a trigger Warning for this film because it's a huge reflection of horrible situations people have experienced in real life. Channing Tatum does really well as mogul Slater King . He's charming,nice,attentive and giving. As Frida Naomi Ackie is very believable as a woman who falls under his spell. The way she fawns all over him and the casting of a certain actor actually reminded me of a couple of characters from the movie Showgirls. It's easy to see how things and the illusion works because of the invitation to a beautiful island and the liquor and psychedelics are flowing and dinner seems to be at nine,the sun is shining and the women are fine. But something sinister may be simmering beneath the pleasure.Kravitz not only wants the characters to lose themselves in the indulgences they are engaging in but the audience watching the movie too. There's a good who's who in the casting including: Alia Shawkat Adria Arjona, Camilla Liz Caribel, Trew Mullen,Geena Davis, Christian Slater, Simon Rex, and Haley Joel Osment. When the blood and gore starts flowing i thought it was amusing at times because of the way things are set up in the movie.I thought the path of a character was going a certain way and said Oh they are going to try and make me think a certain way about the character and I liked how that was played with.

PROBLEMS: I thought some parts of the movie were overdone in such a repetitive way that it loses the fun of the dark humor and jump scares. I wanted more from the ending which felt kind of basic around its edges.I also felt there was some contradiction tied to the ending.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

The Crow

Love & Revenge

Praise : I'm not going to compare this movie to the 1994 movie because it truly tries to be it's own thing. I did enjoy the performances by Bill Skarsgård as Eric Draven and musician FKA Twigs as Shelly. I liked their whole broken people bonding thing and enough time is spent between the two to make the love between the characters believable. There is a good build up to the ultra violence and gore. There are several unique and great kills. I enjoyed a truly wicked and ultra entertaining moment.As the villain Roeg Danny Huston does what he does best so much so I was looking forward to his inevitable showdown with Draven. The writing and direction made me feel the loss and the yearning especially when coupled with great looking and dreary set designs. It's odd that there were no press screenings for this as if it truly belongs in the August dumpster but it definitely doesn't.

PROBLEMS: The pacing could have been better. I had the same problem with this movie as i did with the movie Trap when it's extremely obvious that something
is going on but hundreds of people dont notice because hey they are so into a show they're watching?!?There are some moments which I felt were to convenient. The latter portions of the movies climax felt a bit lackluster to me because there was such a great build up in its beginning.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7
Co-sign both of these. Enjoyed all 3 of the last flicks I saw

THE CROW
STRANGE DARLING and BLINK TWICE

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
p27825901_v_h10_aa.jpg
Didn’t know or want to know much about this going in.
Stayed skeptical but open to what might be the unexpected surprise of an actual fresh moviegoing experience…

Worked WELL for me.

Made it a double and caught Blink Twice right after - couldn’t have been a better combo than these two flicks back to back

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Ok.

They make Julia Garner a brunette and she is looking SMASHABLE from how she looked in “Ozark”.

Definitely gonna have to check this out.

Apartment 7A
Official Trailer
Debuts September 27, 2024

Terry Gionoffrio dreams of fame and fortune in New York City, but after suffering an injury, an older, wealthy couple welcomes her into their home in Bramford. When she receives an offer at another chance at fame, it seems that all her dreams are coming true. However, disturbing circumstances soon have her second-guessing the sacrifices she's willing to make for her career as she realizes that something evil is living not only in Apartment 7A, but in the Bramford itself.

APARTMENT-7A.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
p27825901_v_h10_aa.jpg
Didn’t know or want to know much about this going in.
Stayed skeptical but open to what might be the unexpected surprise of an actual fresh moviegoing experience…

Worked WELL for me.

Made it a double and caught Blink Twice right after - couldn’t have been a better combo than these two flicks back to back

That's a solid combo ^ - been hearing the good reviews for both of late!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Ok.

They make Julia Garner a brunette and she is looking SMASHABLE from how she looked in “Ozark”.

Definitely gonna have to check this out.

Apartment 7A
Official Trailer
Debuts September 27, 2024

Terry Gionoffrio dreams of fame and fortune in New York City, but after suffering an injury, an older, wealthy couple welcomes her into their home in Bramford. When she receives an offer at another chance at fame, it seems that all her dreams are coming true. However, disturbing circumstances soon have her second-guessing the sacrifices she's willing to make for her career as she realizes that something evil is living not only in Apartment 7A, but in the Bramford itself.

APARTMENT-7A.jpg

Thanks for the review - she was definitely great on Ozark. Good to see her win a few awards for that role.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I saw it listed on Netflix and watched the preview.

Didn’t look interesting….but I might have to check it out now.

Netflix Action Thriller Hailed as One of the Best Movies of the Year

Netflix could have another major action thriller hit on their hands, as critics rave about director Jeremy Saulnier’s Rebel Ridge.

By Jonathan Fuge
August 30, 2024

MV5BNjFjNThlNjktZmYyOC00ZDYwLTg2ZDItZDk4MDhmYTBmMmIzXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Once upon a time in the west

Is this supposed to be a classic ? Cause I tried watching it twice and both times I fell asleep

And some of the other spaghetti westerns are my favorite movies
its much slower than most of Leone's other work
but the story is dark and layered
most of its hype is for the photography

try My Name Is Nobody

full movie