Music Debate: 50 Cent Blasts Lord Jamar Over His Scathing Comments About Eminem

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you started something shouldn't you have a big say on how it goes moving forward?

He didn't start it nor did the bulk of the other New York rappers who do the most complaining. There is just as many whack ass rappers from New York as it is other parts of the country.

So who owns R&B? POP? Soul?

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He didn't start it nor did the bulk of the other New York rappers who do the most complaining. There is just as many whack ass rappers from New York as it is other parts of the country.

So who owns R&B? POP? Soul?

Hip Hop was originated in NY, The Bronx to be specific so NY, has a huge say in the direction of this art form. I'm not well versed on where R&B started but wherever it did that area should be able to say where it goes as long as their positively contributing to the art form.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hip Hop was originated in NY, The Bronx to be specific so NY, has a huge say in the direction of this art form. I'm not well versed on where R&B started but wherever it did that area should be able to say where it goes as long as their positively contributing to the art form.

Facts

Didn't r and b start in missisippi

DaMostHy

Troll Hunter
BGOL Investor
Lord Jamar is not lying though.

Facts. 50 is barking for his boy that put him on.

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That is the most asinine thing I have heard.

Rap has evolved from other music and creative genres. You cannot have gatekeepers of creativity.

If left up to NY rappers there wouldn't be Atl rappers or Gangster rap, or West Coast rap.

NY was very slow to embrace Ice Cube, Scarface two of the top 10 rappers of all time. Dead or alive.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Hip Hop was originated in NY, The Bronx to be specific so NY, has a huge say in the direction of this art form.
Not really. That's like a shitty parent trying to dictate the pathway of an adult child that they didn't raise properly. Yeah, they can bitch about how other regions "ruined" it, but cats from NYC also had a HUGE hand in contributing to that "ruining", so IMO, they don't get to dictate shit about the direction of hip hop. All they can do is what everyone else is doing, complain. Them being from the spot where this originated doesn't give them more authority than a person from LA, ATL, or the Chi.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Not really. That's like a shitty parent trying to dictate the pathway of an adult child that they didn't raise properly. Yeah, they can bitch about how other regions "ruined" it, but cats from NYC also had a HUGE hand in contributing to that "ruining", so IMO, they don't get to dictate shit about the direction of hip hop. All they can do is what everyone else is doing, complain. Them being from the spot where this originated doesn't give them more authority than a person from LA, ATL, or the Chi.
“Swore it took a whole hour just to count the jacksons”

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That is the most asinine thing I have heard.

Rap has evolved from other music and creative genres. You cannot have gatekeepers of creativity.

If left up to NY rappers there wouldn't be Atl rappers or Gangster rap, or West Coast rap.

NY was very slow to embrace Ice Cube, Scarface two of the top 10 rappers of all time. Dead or alive.
Agreed with the bolded
From a New Yorker

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you started something shouldn't you have a big say on how it goes moving forward?

He needs to be focusing on these style hacking assholes with face tattoos. Em is more hiphop than any of these carbon copy twinks.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
He needs to be focusing on these style hacking assholes with face tattoos. Em is more hiphop than any of these carbon copy twinks.

He maybe better than some of the rappers out now but only by a small margin.

Eminem haven't been good since the Eminem Show and that was released 17 years ago.....:smh::smh::smh:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He maybe better than some of the rappers out now but only by a small margin.

You're mad. I get art is subjective, but we're comparing Davinci to a kindergarten macaroni and glue picture. These new cats don't have their own style, which is crucial in any art form.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
You're mad. I get art is subjective, but we're comparing Davinci to a kindergarten macaroni and glue picture. These new cats don't have their own style, which is crucial in any art form.

Not mad,but folks act like he invented rap...His first three albums was very
good but after that he had six straight garbage albums, including the one that came out last year...:dunno:

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Every time anyone says anything disparaging about Eminem, a white person or one of his Black employees pop up to breathlessly defend him. It's seldom ever someone Black who has no business ties to him who throw their body on live grenades tossed at Eminem. Speaking public figures here.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not mad,but folks act like he invented rap...His first three albums was very
good but after that he had six straight garbage albums, including the one that came out last year...:dunno:

Garbage based on...lyrics, production, sales, charts? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I always have follow up questions for someone that says something is bad.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
I haven't read all the posts but IMO Eminem was a good rapper and ahead of his time, but highly overrated. If he was black, his career would have went the way of Canibus. The bulk of his discography was wack and if he was black, the subject matter in his hit albums would have turned alot of people off to him.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I haven't read all the posts but IMO Eminem was a good rapper and ahead of his time, but highly overrated. If he was black, his career would have went the way of Canibus. The bulk of his discography was wack and if he was black, the subject matter in his hit albums would have turned alot of people off to him.

I may not completely agree, but you not wrong

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't even be mad if all this led to Brand Nubian putting out an album.
I dont know why they dont anyway.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eminem has made a lot of money from the love of blacks and in the spot light of blacks. Lord Jamar is a 5 percenter. And he is saying some of the same stuff I was saying about Eminem.
We have made a lot of millions in sport and play. What about nation building. Or has it become tradition to seek refuge in someone else nation even if it was dreamed up by our open enemies?

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered
Prospective of Royce new album

Is the best diss track that lord jamar cannot respond to.

Damn
Ya man would probably get the Respect he deserves if he climbed of Em nuts and walked his own path.
It's cool to stick up for ya homie as a teenager at 40 plus not so much :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ya man would probably get the Respect he deserves if he climbed of Em nuts and walked his own path.
It's cool to stick up for ya homie as a teenager at 40 plus not so much :smh:

How we gonna differentiate form loyalty to dick riding though?

I would MUCH rather stick with loyalty and let the outside think whatever.

Jay and Bleek, Fat Joe and Rem etc etc...

So when Jamar DEFEND Vlad to the death what that?