NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
we need a jalyen brown Pic..in the green :yes::yes::yes:...I m calling it right now..Al horford is coming to Bean town.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
we need a jalyen brown Pic..in the green :yes::yes::yes:...I m calling it right now..Al horford is coming to Bean town.

Yea Al can work for y'all...
My thinking was if the Cavs were willing to deal Love, Al would've been a nice piece to replace him

Last edited:

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
With the final roster now set for the olympics how is everyone feeling about Team USA's chances? My boy thinks they will suck on D. I told him he was out of his fucking mind outside of Lowry, Melo, and maybe Barnes. I feel like that squad can cause some serious trouble for teams with their length and great two way players they have in Butler, Durant, Thompson, and George.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
With the final roster now set for the olympics how is everyone feeling about Team USA's chances? My boy thinks they will suck on D. I told him he was out of his fucking mind outside of Lowry, Melo, and maybe Barnes. I feel like that squad can cause some serious trouble for teams with their length and great two way players they have in Butler, Durant, Thompson, and George.

Is durant a great two player?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Kevin Love: Those of you who know Champ will appreciate this… I’d like to tribute the best teammate I’ve ever had, James Jones aka Champ. You taught me more than you know the past 2 years— what it takes to win, how to be a better teammate, how to balance the good/bad off the court, and most importantly…putting team first. Sacrifice for the better of the team, and in order to lead sometimes you have to learn to follow. You’ve been to 6 straight Finals. You’ve been the constant presence we needed in the locker room. You’re the ultimate work horse. The lessons you taught me will stay with me for the rest of my career and life after basketball. – via Instagram

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

NBA Rumor Central: Pau Gasol is officially a free agent; so, who's going to sign him?

It’s official -- Chicago Bulls center Pau Gasol is leaving the Windy City. Gasol notified the Bulls on Monday that he's declining his $7.7 million player option for the upcoming season and instead going to free agency, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein.

Don’t act like you’re so shocked. The Bulls' move to acquire Robin Lopez could have acted as the hint that the Bulls didn't expect to get Gasol back says ESPN’s Nick Friedell.

And, if you go back even further, per CSN Chicago, Gasol already had free agency on his mind in December, saying it was “very likely” he would opt out of his contract.

“As long as I keep playing like this,” Gasol said. “I know I’ll have some options.”

Options, he has -- starting with the New York Knicks. The idea isn’t so crazy, considering Knicks president Phil Jackson has already coached Gasol with theLos Angeles Lakers. ESPN's Ian Begley also weighs in on the topic.

“Phil (Jackson) and Pau are very close and the Knicks pursued him in 2014,” Begley says. “So he's among a group of bigs that they'd like to pursue.”

And with former Bulls teammate Derrick Rose being traded to New York last week, it could be yet another trigger point for Gasol to look to the Knicks.

Another option the Spanish center might look to? San Antonio.

Per USA Today’s HoopsHype, Gasol has already made comments regarding a potential move to the San Antonio Spurs in an article for a Spanish newspaper Marca.

“There’s talk about passing of the torch with San Antonio and a hypothetical passing of the torch with Duncan,” Gasol said. “For starters, nobody knows if Tim is retiring, and he’s somebody whom I have maximum respect for. In closing, I have to admit the Spurs would be an interesting option for me. I recognize I’m a fan of the way the franchise has done things over the years and the way they play basketball on the court.”

If San Antonio center Tim Duncan were to retire, that would open a huge gap in San Antonio that Gasol, who will turn 36 on July 6, could potentially fill, especially as a rim protector. He leaves Chicago off a great season during which he averaged 16.5 points, 11 rebounds and two blocks.

In the meantime, he announced he will be on the court for Spain during the Olympics. As to who’s going to get the big man in the NBA, stay tuned.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
So Melo & Phil can't even get a meeting from KD?

Damn

Carmelo Anthony already selling merits of Knicks to free agent Kevin Durant
11:15 PM ET
  • i

Marc SteinESPN Senior Writer

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony told ESPN on Monday that his recruitment of marquee free agent Kevin Durant has already begun and will not be affected "whether [Durant] meets with the Knicks or not."

‎"I'm with KD now; he's right downstairs," Anthony told ESPN. "We've been together. We've been talking.

"I do consider myself part of the Knicks," Anthony continued, "so that meeting has already taken place."

Durant has been in New York for several days in advance of Monday afternoon's official unveilng of the 12-man squad that will represent USA Basketball at the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

That has given Anthony and Durant an opportunity to work out together in recent days and likewise afforded Anthony a chance to start selling Durant on the merits of the Knicks.

"We're friends. We hang out," Anthony said. "It's magnified now because he's a free agent and we're in New York. But last year, nobody was talking about us hanging out, going to work out or going to dinner or things like that. So, yeah, those conversations do come up, but it's not something that I'm constantly on him, throwing at him, because I was in that situation before."

Free agency doesn't officially start until Friday at 12:01 a.m., but the league office typically does not police such player interactions, since Anthony and Durant are obviously longtime friends who stay in frequent contact during the season.

"Melo has been my friend since I have been in high school. We talk about everything," Durant said. "That is like my big brother right there. The best thing about all of us, none of the guys here have put any type of pressure. It has been cool."

Oklahoma City Thunder have secured face-to-face recruiting meetings with Durant and his agent Rich Kleiman for the first few days of free agency at an undisclosed location: Golden State, San Antonio‎, Miami, Boston and the Los Angeles Clippers.

‎"You know, for me, it's more just about just laying it all out for him," Anthony said, "giving him the real.

"Being in that situation before and knowing how much he has to think about‎ and what he has go through, him not wanting to leave Oklahoma ‎[after] all the time that he spent there, ‎I felt the same way when I was in Denver, spending 7½ years there and then to have to make a decision. But you leave it up to him. He's going to make the best decision for him. I think that's the most important thing."

As for the Knicks' trade last week to acquire Derrick Rose from Chicago, Anthony expressed great confidence that he and the former MVP will mesh, telling ESPN, "We're ballplayers. We're competitors. We want to win. I know he wants to win. I've talked to him. I've watched him over the years. I've seen how hungry he worked to come back from his injuries.

"I'm hungry," Anthony added. "I'm starving right now. Like I said, I'm starting to feel better. I feel healthy. We have some more work to do, but I'm looking forward ‎to playing with him."

Anthony also says he feels more sure about the direction of the club following the Rose trade.

"I feel a little bit more confident now that we actually made that move, made that decision," Anthony said. "It shows me they are looking at now, and not the future just yet. The time is now. We have to capitalize on what we have right now. Of course, the front office also has to look at the big picture, but the time is now."

Durant, 27, has spent his entire nine-year career with the Thunder franchise. He averaged 28.2 points per game last season and led the Thunder to within one victory of the NBA Finals.

On Monday, Durant told ESPN that he has "been ready" for his looming free agency and that having "fun" ranks high on his priorities for choosing a team.

"I'm ready for it all," Durant said. "Since I was a kid, I've been ready for everything that comes with being an NBA player. So try to take that approach and take it a day at a time. ...

"I want to have fun playing ball. That's just my main concern, and that's always been my main concern. But I'm locked in on Team USA, man. Just trying to shift my focus back and forth, from that [free agency] stuff to being on the USA team. I just wanna have fun playing ball."

Many of the questions directed at Durant on Monday centered on his thoughts about the Knicks. Durant wouldn't say whether he'd scheduled a meeting with the club. But he did offer his thoughts on the makeup of the roster.

"They obviously have a good team now with D-Rose, Melo and Porzingis. Like I said, I am going to talk to my team and we will figure things out, but right now, it is kind of hard to say," he said.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Wonder if Melo honestly thinks that Durant might sign with NY. They need to get a solid defensive 5 and a 3&D 2 guard to sure up the perimeter. Throw money at Biyambo and Ezili. Maybe Courtney Lee or Jared Dudley on the perimeter.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Wonder if Melo honestly thinks that Durant might sign with NY. They need to get a solid defensive 5 and a 3&D 2 guard to sure up the perimeter. Throw money at Biyambo and Ezili. Maybe Courtney Lee or Jared Dudley on the perimeter.
I don't think he really believes it.

XB9V04.jpg

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Hawks trying to meet with Kevin Durant
wpid-i_c0_64_9c_kevin_durant.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks’ free-agent priorities are re-signing forward Al Horford and swingman Kent Bazemore, but the Hawks are also trying to wedge their way into the Kevin Durant sweepstakes, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Hawks, like the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers, have been working to try to convince Durant and his representatives to grant them a face-to-face recruiting meeting after free agency starts at 12:01 a.m. on July 1, even though their chances appear dim.
– via ESPN.com

On July 1, Kevin Durant will become an unrestricted free agent. Most insiders believe that Durant will ink an extension with Oklahoma City, although rumors about Golden State, San Antonio, Boston and the Clippers keep swirling. Miami lurks as the darkest of horses, mainly because of Riley’s storied history of pulling off talent coups. He stole Tim Hardaway, Goran Dragic, and Shaquille O’Neal in separate deals for 50 cents on the dollar. He nearly stole Juwan Howard from Washington before David Stern vetoed Riley’s overly creative offer sheet. In the summer of 2010, he somehow convinced LeBron James, the league’s best player since Michael Jordan, to align with Dwyane Wade AND fellow free agent Chris Bosh.
– via The Ringer