NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

Indelible_01

Support BGOL
Registered
who determines worth?? or value?? clearly the wizards thinks hes worth that; and im sure if the wizards didnt pay him, he would have gotten paid from another team..
Worth or value Q&As are part of the job for most of sports media & the focus of many sport debates like this thread here. If you don't believe that...keep track of every move the Knicks make, and see the reactions.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
I personally dont think Mosgovs deal is all that bad. He just wasnt used this year but he played well during the first playoff run. The Noah and Beal deals to me are worse because at least Dude has been healthy. You run the risk of paying Noah to basically be an assistant coach. Mosgov at 16 a year isnt bad in the current market at all...

Last edited:

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crazy! All these dumb ass deals & ain't nothing being bad hardly said.. Just shows the Knick bias 100%!

Difference is the age factor. Giving somebody young with injury problems big money vs giving somebody older with injury problems big money

Edit: And when I say old, I'm talking basketball mileage

Ing4life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Lakers wanna be uptempo but then they go sign broken slowed footed Mozgov (4 yr, 65 mil) for almost the same price for Whiteside (5yr, 95)...looks like we dont wanna win.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Lebron should be on some Mayweather type of shit...

I want a percent of parking, ticket sales, concessions, hotel sales etc...

These owners are multi millionaires and some billionaires, fuck I'm worried about them paying lil Ray Ray that amount for because I feel he no where near being worth that.

Mark Cuban says he would not sake the mavs for $3 Billion, you kno why because he got much bank. Maybe not billions but he's Gucci

Get that money...

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Lebron should be on some Mayweather type of shit...

I want a percent of parking, ticket sales, concessions, hotel sales etc...

These owners are multi millionaires and some billionaires, fuck I'm worried about them paying lil Ray Ray that amount for because I feel he no where near being worth that.

Mark Cuban says he would not sake the mavs for $3 Billion, you kno why because he got much bank. Maybe not billions but he's Gucci

Get that money...
Owners would NEVER allow that type of arrangement. That shit would cause a lockout.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The Lakers wanna be uptempo but then they go sign broken slowed footed Mozgov (4 yr, 65 mil) for almost the same price for Whiteside (5yr, 95)...looks like we dont wanna win.
He's serviceable. Mozgov had a lot to due with Cleveland turning their season around last season after the trade. I would rather have had Ezeli or Byiambo but you take what's available. Lakers still have cap room and Clarkson signed at a bargain. Get some shooters and athletic wings and see what Luke can do for the squad.

Ing4life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He's serviceable. Mozgov had a lot to due with Cleveland turning their season around last season after the trade. I would rather have had Ezeli or Byiambo but you take what's available. Lakers still have cap room and Clarkson signed at a bargain. Get some shooters and athletic wings and see what Luke can do for the squad.

Too many other options like to sign that bum...like sign and trade for Monroe or Dummond, F it sign Noah to that price...dude is not a starter... Mozgov = a CAC Hibbert

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Yup...either you sign him for that amount or let him go to GSW.
They wanted him, just KD is they're main focus, the Cavs knew dude was gonna get paid this year and knew they wasn't gonna have the funds to retain him at his market price

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Is Dwyane Wade serious about leaving Heat? Other GMs reportedly think maybe he is.

We’ve seen this movie before: Last yearDwyane Wade threatened to leave the Miami Heat, reached out to other teams, but that ultimately ended up being leverage so he could get a better deal from Pat Riley.

Heck, we’ve seen that leverage move elsewhere this year: Hassan Whiteside met with Dallas only to use that to leverage Miami;Nicolas Batum met with Dallas but used it as leverage to re-sign with Charlotte; Mike Conley met with Dallas but appears close to re-signing with Memphis (notice the pattern here).

But some GMs think Wade is more serious about leaving this time, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical at Yahoo Sports.

Wade has taken discounts for years from the Heat to help out the franchise and give them money to chase other players. He wants to be made whole. He feels he’s been getting taken advantage of, and if Miami is not going to be serious he will look around.

Maybe he means it this time, but I’m skeptical he moves on because he’s more valuable to Miami than anyone else.

Wade earned an All-Star spot again last season when he averaged 19 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 4.6 assists per game, then in the playoffs had some old-school Wade performances where he was dominant. However, he’s age 34, has chronic knee issues (despite playing 74 games last season), and he’s in decline (Wade’s efficiency took a step back last season, he had his lowest PER since his rookie season).

How much and how many years are other teams willing to pay? More than Miami eventually will, where he’s the face of the franchise? I still expect a deal to get done.

But maybe he’s the one guy not just flirting with other teams such as leverage.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Jazz, Grizz and Bulls among teams moving on Pacers’ Solomon Hill, per source. Utah needs potential starter if Hayward leaves next summer.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Never thought about this...

Free agency is just the tip of the iceberg this year. With all the money out there to spend, trade market will heat up when FA dries up

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Did Jarrett Jack take a dig at Nets/Lin on Twitter?
By Anthony Puccio  @APooch on Jul 1, 2016, 11:47a 3

Social media always has its way of getting people into trouble whether it be friendships, relationships, business and so much more. In the NBA world, it seems to be a frequent occurrence.

Not long after Jeremy Lin announced (on twitter) that he would be joining the Nets, Jarrett Jack expressed some interesting choice of words for the world to see. The Nets didn't extend its team option on Jack Thursday night and perhaps he feels a certain type of way.

Still, he was quick to deny allegations.

Jack is one of the most respected players around the league and has shown nothing but class in his 11-year career. It's likely to be forgotten by tomorrow.

Regardless, it doesn't look good on his part.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Brooklyn Nets cap situation. Still over $40m in room left after the Lin agreement.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
With Mozgov and Clarkson under terms of an agreement, the Lakers could still have $35m in cap space to use in free agency.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Too many other options like to sign that bum...like sign and trade for Monroe or Dummond, F it sign Noah to that price...dude is not a starter... Mozgov = a CAC Hibbert
As for Monroe he's probably getting max money. Drummond is restricted I think and Vangundy ain't giving him up. I'm glad the Lakers didn't blow their cash all at once. We have a talented backcourt in Clarkson and D Russell. Ingram may be a future all star. Hopefully Randle can become a stretch 4.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Elephant in the room is Barnes. Where will he go? Probably waiting for that Durant situation. After that, he'll be the highest paid Warrior.:dunno:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Elephant in the room is Barnes. Where will he go? Probably waiting for that Durant situation. After that, he'll be the highest paid Warrior.:dunno:
Barnes is really a low key burst. There was all kind of hype around him. Iggy went to the bench to help Barnes progression. Barnes is Jeff Green with a better jumper. GS can get a cheaper replacement in Crabbe or Dudley. Bazemore might be cheaper than what Barnes wants. They still have Livingston and Barbosa to resign. Durant is GSW swinging for the fences. Reality is possibly getting a replacement for Bogut maybe Hordford.