Netflix Series: THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY (Season 3 Discussion thread)(New Trailer 5/19/22) (Drops 6/22/22)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I was with the girl so I couldn’t live update the season like normally. But I really enjoyed this season..... I don’t think any episode felt like filler and once again Five stole the show. It’s a trip that the actor is still just 16.

On episode 3 now

Excellent so far.

Five is a future star.

I love when a great show gets BETTER

They studied that 1st

And just improved trimmed fat added layers made it faster clearer...

Funnier

Iron Man

Rising Star
Registered
Letting Allison be black and marry black was a definite win for me and didn't avoid America's racist past. A lot of going back to past plots rarely acknowledges America's racist history and provided some detail of activism. Vanya was a lot less stiff has better control of her powers ( she still reminds me of Wednesday Adams). Diego and Lila good combination, Lila played batshit crazy well. When fighting Five in the warehouse I caught on to her powers. Five vs Five was good also. The Swedes suck as being any real menace. Luther no change just big and strong wasn't as animal looking, Klaus became a cult leader and wealthy from being a con man. They given Ben some real shine without using a lot of useless special effects. Season 2 is much better than season one.

And we can all agree The Handler she's a piece of shit..

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Letting Allison be black and marry black was a definite win for me and didn't avoid America's racist past. A lot of going back to past plots rarely acknowledges America's racist history and provided some detail of activism. Vanya was a lot less stiff has better control of her powers ( she still reminds me of Wednesday Adams). Diego and Lila good combination, Lila played batshit crazy well. When fighting Five in the warehouse I caught on to her powers. Five vs Five was good also. The Swedes suck as being any real menace. Luther no change just big and strong wasn't as animal looking, Klaus became a cult leader and wealthy from being a con man. They given Ben some real shine without using a lot of useless special effects. Season 2 is much better than season one.

So Raw or naw with The Handler?

:sleazy::giggle:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just finished and once again... I loved this season. Probably more then the first.

Coming back...

I have to say that I really really liked Season 2.... I mean they still have fucking tons of material left.

They could get at least 5 seasons out of this show.

Hell we haven't even had them face any of their old villains from their Youth...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I just watched a live stream with the Cast on IGN and again I'm tripping that dude is only 16... he sounds like a fucking adult in real life.

@ViCiouS @raze @ansatsusha_gouki @largebillsonlyplease @Shaka54

I wanted to get some of the crew in on this specific point i wanted to make...

Is it an odd coincidence that these shows

I mean the BEST of the genre

Umbrella Academy, Agents of SHIELD Watchmen and I'm predicting the Boys...

Have VERY VERY STRONG themes on racism and its history specifically in this country?

Is this ALL a trump byproduct?

Will ALL THIS effect the election?

Will / Has all this effect the audience already and possibly played a part in the diverse participation in the protests etc?

How were they able to predict an audience for this?

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

Have VERY VERY STRONG themes on racism and its history specifically in this country?

Will / Has all this effect the audience already and possibly played a part in the diverse participation in the protests etc?

I think that these shows are indeed being aimed at a demographic that we are no longer a part of, though we are rooted in the origins of the graphic novels and stories. We still identify with them heavily, but they are made to reflect the attitudes and morals of today's youth, etc.

I can't continue to gripe about the LGBTQ presence in TV and film, I just have to maneuver around it...(Why was Ellen Page given top billing in every episode?) and race in this country is a good portion of the conversation.

This generation is tackling some issues head on, even as a lot of old heads resist. It's their turn to lead and all that many of us olders/elders can hope to contribute is counseling and advice.

That's my take on it. Oh, check out John Oliver's show from last Sunday when you get a chance. He talks about this and how US history has been sugar coated and spoon fed to CACs. He specifically talks about the Tulsa Race Massacre that no student was ever taught about until The Watchmen brought it to the fore and he has a Brotha who is a Professor FROM Tulsa who himself was stunned to learn about it IN COLLEGE after having lived ON GREENWOOD growing up.

https://**www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsxukOPEdgg

** So as not to distract from the thread, not for comments to be made here.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

appreciate you

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You really can't plan this sort of thing. Sometimes it's dumb luck like the Simpsons predicting a President Trump. Others would say the writers managed to tap into the collective unconscious. It's like a basketball player with a hot hand, or the rapper/singer/actor with a string of hits in a row. Every move you make is the right one.

There are also instances where the real world rubs off and inspires the artist in amazing ways. Damon Lindelof had never heard of the Tulsa Massacre until he read Ta-Nehisi Coates' "Case for Reparations" and that set the wheels in motion for season 1 of Watchmen.

Don't know what this all means for the election. It's been a crazy year and it ain't over yet. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I look outside one day and it's raining squid.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You really can't plan this sort of thing. Sometimes it's dumb luck like the Simpsons predicting a President Trump. Others would say the writers managed to tap into the collective unconscious. It's like a basketball player with a hot hand, or the rapper/singer/actor with a string of hits in a row. Every move you make is the right one.

There are also instances where the real world rubs off and inspires the artist in amazing ways. Damon Lindelof had never heard of the Tulsa Massacre until he read Ta-Nehisi Coates' "Case for Reparations" and that set the wheels in motion for season 1 of Watchmen.

Don't know what this all means for the election. It's been a crazy year and it ain't over yet. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I look outside one day and it's raining squid.

my man

GREAT RESPONSE!!!!

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Yo how the f*ck yall binge so fast!?!
started friday and finished saturday. I was a little nervous about the racial element, but it recovered nicely later on. The whole time i'm thinking
she better "rumor" the fuck out of these white people later
, i wanted it to be worse. Can't wait for season 3. And yes, Five is the standout character in this show.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think that these shows are indeed being aimed at a demographic that we are no longer a part of, though we are rooted in the origins of the graphic novels and stories. We still identify with them heavily, but they are made to reflect the attitudes and morals of today's youth, etc.

I can't continue to gripe about the LGBTQ presence in TV and film, I just have to maneuver around it...(Why was Ellen Page given top billing in every episode?) and race in this country is a good portion of the conversation.

This generation is tackling some issues head on, even as a lot of old heads resist. It's their turn to lead and all that many of us olders/elders can hope to contribute is counseling and advice.

That's my take on it. Oh, check out John Oliver's show from last Sunday when you get a chance. He talks about this and how US history has been sugar coated and spoon fed to CACs. He specifically talks about the Tulsa Race Massacre that no student was ever taught about until The Watchmen brought it to the fore and he has a Brotha who is a Professor FROM Tulsa who himself was stunned to learn about it IN COLLEGE after having lived ON GREENWOOD growing up.

To be fair brother, she's Ellen Paige. Top billing is top billing. She's the only actor I was familiar with by name on this show, other than Robert Sheehan from Misfits. And I don't think he's had any solid work since that show.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah Lila played crazy very well, I hope she in season 3.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Holy fucking shit..: I just rewatched the first episode and the scene with Five throwing older five into 2019 ... is beat for beat what happened when Five made his appearance in season 1.

Wow

So when Five said that he messed up with the time jump to the past... he really just got thrown to the future from the past and completed the cycle. Wow.. this is going to be an interesting rewatch.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor

We were saying that same thing! I'm not a fan of "it" being pushed down my throat (lgbtabc)... And I knew it was going to happen. My frustration is that they try to treat it as if it's a race issue and it's not even on the same level as the things blacks have been dealing with for generations...

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Holy fucking shit..: I just rewatched the first episode and the scene with Five throwing older five into 2019 ... is beat for beat what happened when Five made his appearance in season 1.

Wow

So when Five said that he messed up with the time jump to the past... he really just got thrown to the future from the past and completed the cycle. Wow.. this is going to be an interesting rewatch.

Yea man. They also drop subtle hints in the first episode. During the scene where they are all getting tatted, Klaus is the one consoling Allison. In both seasons it's clear that they have each other's back.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Man this was great and Rumor finer than a MF, damn Gina! Also Five is probably Godlike if he truly masters his power. The Violin and the new girl are powerful but 5 learning time rewind is boss. They can do a lot of shit with this. Didn't know Monkey boy could repel Tank Shells either. Overall a A with the entire Second Season.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
started friday and finished saturday. I was a little nervous about the racial element, but it recovered nicely later on. The whole time i'm thinking
she better "rumor" the fuck out of these white people later
, i wanted it to be worse. Can't wait for season 3. And yes, Five is the standout character in this show.

So just back to back to back no break?