{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I stated size, speed and power. But you saw the word power and chose to ride that wave.
No. You limited those traits as his calling card. And further contextualized it by providing a comp of Yannis Antetokounmpo, which further discredited and devalued your entire point. It was a horrible take.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Repeating horrible NBA twitter takes on BGOL is the new normal. Social media is now telling these niggas what to think.

They don't watch the games! Sad thing is, there are paid NBA analysts that do the same thing. The entire "bubble doesn't count" narrative came from Twitter and talking heads like Barkley and Shaq (league employees) parroted it. The league wants fans to hate modern players (who can make 50-60 mill a season now) and hold the old coons that they paid a lot less (Jordan & Barkley made less than $100 mill in career salary) in higher esteem. Corporate politics.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. You limited those traits as his calling card. And further contextualized it by providing a comp of Yannis Antetokounmpo, which further discredited and devalued your entire point. It was a horrible take.

If you're the only person that doesn't understand, it's a you issue.

Everyone else understood exactly what I said.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I have trolls on ignore so I literally have no idea what you're talking about

giphy.gif
Me too and some of the pages in this thread have like 10 post on them ever since I started using the ingore button with reckless abandonment.

I just hate seeing a page with 10 post in it and knowing that I'm missing some the discussions. Only to hit show me ignored and get bombarded with endless social media post and Jordan debates.

Just once I want to hit that button and see show engaging conversation about a recent game or event. Is that too much to ask for :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
:lol: Ninja shit the hell up

You acting all brand new… I gotcha

Nah, you niggas just ain't never leaving the 2010's. Asking me some shit from 10 years ago. :lol: Next you gone ask me bout some Fetty Wap or Tory Lanez song. That era is over family.

He's called the GOAT right now Mask.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Looks like King T finally found an opponent to battle with. I kind of wanna unignore dude so I can see both sides of the “fight” but….I don’t think it’s worth it :smh:
It's not :lol:
Started off kinda good but how long can an argument be sustained when one of the pricincal players hasn't been in the league and damn near 20 years.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Me too and some of the pages in this thread have like 10 post on them ever since I started using the ingore button with reckless abandonment.

I just hate seeing a page with 10 post in it and knowing that I'm missing some the discussions. Only to hit show me ignored and get bombarded with endless social media post and Jordan debates.

Just once I want to hit that button and see show engaging conversation about a recent game or event. Is that too much to ask for :lol:

Trust me I understand exactly where you're coming from!

I don't need to see useless and pointless conversations so I'm foot at not seeing the posts.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Nah, you niggas just ain't never leaving the 2010's. Asking me some shit from 10 years ago. :lol: Next you gone ask me bout some Fetty Wap or Tory Lanez song. That era is over family.

He's called the GOAT right now Mask.

You a whole character outcha :lol:

But I’m here for it…

inkosi is legendary in these BGOL streets…

Goat been used before, even tho it fiya…

Inkosi is royalty:lol:

Goat James vs Inkosi James

On back of the jersey…. Hell I might get both….

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don’t know what bag is but I’m sure the dude who’s the goat of point scoring had it
Its a term used by teens who play 2k to describe players who dribble alot and lose a bunch of games. Its now being parroted by 40 year old whites on BGOL as a way to attack the greatest player of the current era.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You a whole character outcha :lol:

But I’m here for it…

inkosi is legendary in these BGOL streets…

Goat been used before, even tho it fiya…

Inkosi is royalty:lol:

Goat James vs Inkosi James

On back of the jersey…. Hell I might get both….

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t know what bag is but I’m sure the dude who’s the goat of point scoring had it

A bag simply means a variety of offensive moves a player does and has at their disposal to score.

If a player simply runs past, through or fades away that's not a bag.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Its a term used by teens who play 2k to describe players who dribble alot and lose a bunch of games. Its now being parroted by 40 year old whites on BGOL as a way to attack the greatest player of the current era.
Oh ok… so it’s actually a bad thang…

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Fa sho…

I probably get my gear from where they get their from…

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
I wonder what this thread would look like without the near daily Kobe, Jordan, LeBron troll debates.

I'm about 98% sure that some of the posters in here don't even watch the modern game. Like in terms of actually sitting down and watching a game.

Oh they'll watch some highlights off of YouTube or social media. They'll definitely watch all the ESPN talking head shows and listen to sport radio opinions. And they're quick to pull up pointless stats from basketball reference to make a point.

But do they actually watch the modern game. Or have they already decided that Jordan is God and all others are pretenders and always will be.

:dunno: I'll just go back to where I started. I wonder what this thread would look like without the near daily hypothetical 90s stars vs today players debate.
And don’t post about the team you root for or they’ll accuse you of trying to “force someone to pay attention to your team”

Been like this on BGOL for years. Hardly any posts about the action on the floor until basically the playoffs. But that’s the world. Mostly casuals.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh ok… so it’s actually a bad thang…
Its meant as a compliment. Just usually applied to guys who have handles and it places emphasis on showmenship and not actual winning.

For example, Kyrie is said to have the "deepest bag" in the NBA.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
And don’t post about the team you root for or they’ll accuse you of trying to “force someone to pay attention to your team”

Been like this on BGOL for years. Hardly any posts about the action on the floor until basically the playoffs. But that’s the world. Mostly casuals.
Sad but true. Yet another reason why I've been finding it harder and harder to care about the regular season. It's too damn long and most teams aren't getting serious until about Christmas.