{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

I think that fans of Michael Jordan and Kobe will continue to put credence in the Skip Baylesses, Stephen A's, and talking heads. Because that's who they leaned on in the 2010's for basketball knowledge.

I think that fans of LeBron James are much more nuanced, much more knowledgeable of the game and will put credence into the Gilbert Arenases, Paul George's, and Draymonds. Because they are actively playing in the sport or around it and aren't following a script a TV producer gave to them. LeBron fans are way bigger students of the game and a lot more respectful to all time great players. And it shows in who they source information from. Notice I haven't posted any of the folks you have since my return to posting.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So what Kyrie does, what Cheat Code curry can do

Yes, Paul George, Melo Anthony, Kobe etc.

Tim Duncan, Hakeem, Embiid etc...

It doesn't mean that you're the best player or have a bigger affect on the game. It simply means your offensive skillset.

To make it so old people can understand, it simply means on offense "That jive turkey can play"!

giphy.gif

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
28, 7, 7 are not league leading numbers or all time averages, in any category. All of his averages, only got hit 1 scoring title, and 1 assist title. You don't get awards and accolades for longevity. He has not been a Finals MVP since 2013, scoring title since 2008.

Karl Malone is on a lot of lists too, because of production. You can be productive, and have no bag.

Lebron can't shoot free throws
No handles
No mid range
No pullup jump
Can't "catch and shoot" off the ball
Poor 3 point shooter
No "go to" moves
Flops
Average rebounder for his height
Average passer for somebody who always has the ball

Most Turnovers all time by a country mile

Only playoff highlight of Finals hightlight is a fucking block.

He has be slightly above average for his career, but has never dominated or been the best in any aspect of his game.

3rd place losers only respect or honor runner ups and second place finishers.

Nigga ain't done shit outside the bubble, just filling seats, and playing 60 games or less.

Fool's gold. He ain't the most all around player on offense or defense.

Bump

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
There's a direct correlation in guys who use ignore on message boards being late and behind on news. That's why you see them reposting tweets that's already been posted. People who want echo chambers are slow to evolve and aren't as open to new information as people who don't use the ignore function.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yeah Sharpe done lost his insider access with this take. Sharpe went too far holding Lebron's coat tails against Skip over the years , but this is a bridge too damn far. Pretty sure their relationship is over.

Does Shannon realize that he is cosigning white control over Black talent and exceptionalism with this bullshit take? He is saying that Lebrin needed a white man's control :smh: to become who he is, man fuck all that. He should let Stephen A hold that bootlicking shit. Oh well, it was a good run.

Sharpe better be careful with all these ancillary , I love white people (women), slight anti pro Black slants, as of late.

Lebron didn't need the Heat, he would have found a way to win with many other franchises. I mean 2 out of 4 is just okay with that squad. Spo gets far too much credit for multiple issues over that span, and he ain't won shit after Bron left.

Lebrons biggest failure was the Dallas series. He broke down mentally, but the damn coach sure as hell didn't help. No adjustments, allowing all that information to leak, no ability to alter Dirk's post game, and losing a series lead. That shit is also on Spo and he seems to slide on that criticism.

4 Rings in 21 years is good, not great. His overall achievements in all factets of the game are just insurmountable. He is the most complete player ever, for this long.

I thought LeBron praised Miami too much in this interview, he always bugs ups Spo, Riley and the owner, but he sure as hell wasn't going to sit and allow Miami to take credit for all of his success. It's curious that Sharpe went the complete other way, for what I thought was his homeboy. He couldn't be on my team after this shit.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

They will miss him when he is gone. There has never been one player to do all things so consistently over two decades.

Crazy shit though is that Jokic is coming. He won't have the defensive prowess that Lebron had for 12 years (Jokic sucks), but his rebounds, assists and most likely the all time triple double king will make for an interesting conversation in 10 years.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
4 Rings in 21 years is good, not great.

NBA FRANCHISES with more than 4 championships:
Lakers
Celtics
Bulls
Warriors

4 out of 30 franchises. Good, not great.

NBA players with Finals MVPs for 2 different franchises:
Kawhi
Kareem
LeBron

NBA players with Finals MVPs for 3 different franchises:
LeBron

20231107-152732.jpg

Imagine averaging a near trip dub in 55 NBA Finals games with 4 chips and being considered an underachiever. "Good not great"

Reducing LeBron's NBA career to only 4 out of his 21 seasons matter is a lazy Jordan Brand argument. When you look at him in a nuanced manner you realize he's arguably the greatest Finals performer of all time. Jordan's individual Finals performances were good not great, that's why he's had to rely on the team success he had with Scottie.

Last edited:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Sad but true. Yet another reason why I've been finding it harder and harder to care about the regular season. It's too damn long and most teams aren't getting serious until about Christmas.
I care about the regular season as much as the players do. If I see them tapped in then I’m tapped in. But if I see them bullshittin’ and making comments like they don’t care about certain games, then I don’t care as much.

But I make sure I catch every Nuggets game I can. Had to buy league pass tho. I catch the Magic every now and again.

But yeah the NBA should start Christmas Day but we all know that’ll never happen.