Red Dead Online/BGOL Posse Official Thread

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
ya I thought about it and it might be too congested...I like being able to roam a little bit and be left alone...I just mopped up too dudes...both lvl 19...I’m lvl 6...that crouching tip to go off radar you fave is a gem...I wasn’t even tryna fuck w/ anybody but this one dude tried to grief me...killed me 2x in armadillo and I ran off cuz I wanted to get the free bonus shit...after I got my things I caught him and his dude in saint denis...they’re literally riding away from me right now lmao
Yeah that ‘crouch while running’ is a game changer. :yes:

I was messing it up at first. I kept tapping the X button while crouching & it made me stand up straight every so often. Then I learned that all I have to do is crouch first, then just hold X... and I will run for a mad long period of time in the crouch position. :yes: Granted, I don’t run as fast as if I was standing upright, but the benefit of going ‘stealth mode’ until I reach a good spot to reach cover & hide... definitely outweighs the lack of speed. :yes:

And the only way someone can see you while crouch running... is if you are directly in their line of sight.

I was in Saint Denis earlier, trying to reach the Fast Travel post. And there was like 10-15 different griefers near it, just having a wild melee. Killing everyone in sight. So I crouched down from about 2 blocks away... cut thru some back alleys.... and ran & hid in some TALL dense bushes right around the corner from where the big fight was happening. And for like almost 5 minutes... NOBODY spotted me. :smh:

People were riding horses & running right past me in the street... having shootouts.... and fistfights right in front of me. Then they would take off running. Even a posse leader used a cart for cover (right in front of me) while he was in a shootout with 2 other dudes at the other end of the block. When he finished, he dipped right past me. :dunno::D

The only way I got discovered was when 2 guys had a fistfight right in front of me & it spilled into the bushes I was hiding in. :rolleyes: I already had my knife out, so I just tackled & stabbed one guy in the chest, while the other was fumbling to pull out his pistol & i stabbed him too & took off running for the Fast Travel post & jetted out of there all the way to Strawberry, in a heartbeat. :D

:lol::lol:

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Yeah that ‘crouch while running’ is a game changer. :yes:

I was messing it up at first. I kept tapping the X button while crouching & it made me stand up straight every so often. Then I learned that all I have to do is crouch first, then just hold X... and I will run for a mad long period of time in the crouch position. :yes: Granted, I don’t run as fast as if I was standing upright, but the benefit of going ‘stealth mode’ until I reach a good spot to reach cover & hide... definitely outweighs the lack of speed. :yes:

And the only way someone can find you is if you are directly in their line of sight.

I was in Saint Denis earlier, trying to reach the Fast Travel post. And there was like 10-15 different griefers near it, just having a wild melee. Killing everyone in sight. So I crouched down from about 2 blocks away... and ran & hid in some TALL dense bushes right around the corner from where the big fight was happening. And for like almost 5 minutes... NOBODY spotted me. :smh:

People were running right past me in the street... having shootouts.... and fistfights right in front of me. Then they would take off running. Even a posse leader used a cart for cover (right in front of me) while he was in a shootout with 2 other dudes at the other end of the block. When he finished, he dipped right past me.

The only way I got discovered was when 2 guys had a fistfight right in front of me & it spilled into the bushes I was hiding in. :rolleyes: in already had my knife out, so I just tackled & stabbed one guy in the chest, while the other was fumbling to pull out his pistol & i stabbed him too & took off running for the Fast Travel post & jetted out of there all the way to Strawberry, in a heartbeat. :D

:lol::lol:

ya that shit is fun...I didn’t know you could crouch and run...my ass snuck thru saint denis...I rode my horse to the tailor and these 2 dudes were about 3 blocks away...so I crouch-walked the rest of the way...fucked up shit is one of them almost ended up getting the drop on me...

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
ya that shit is fun...I didn’t know you could crouch and run...my ass snuck thru saint denis...I rode my horse to the tailor and these 2 dudes were about 3 blocks away...so I crouch-walked the rest of the way...fucked up shit is one of them almost ended up getting the drop on me...

Is it just me but those Xbox clips y'all are posting are always cut off.

Edit...I have to hold my phone horizontally to see those clips.

Anyway as long as your icon is grey you should be invisible to other players radar.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

Anyway as long as your icon is grey you should be invisible to other players radar.

ya I was...but they were expecting me to come @ them once I went ‘off radar’...his boy happened to be killed by those same cops I ran into...he saw me before I could see him but he fucked up and got cute and tried to tackle/hogtie me instead of just shooting me lol

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

How can you tell if your icon is grey? You mean on the mini map in the corner? Or when you open the big map? :dunno:

I just thought it took a few seconds to go stealth mode. :dunno: I didn’t know there was a ‘visual cue’ to let you know if you are hidden on other people’s radar.

EDIT >> ok I see the difference now. On the mini map. :yes: Nevermind. Thanks for the tip. :yes:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Rockstar should definitely add this as another multiplayer mode. :yes:

Include...
- Large size (16-32 player) arenas.
- Medium size (8-16 player) arenas.
- Small size (4-8 player) arenas.
- Use different locations. (Indoors & Outdoors)
- Use Barehanded / No weapons.
- Or use Knives only / or melee weapons only.
- Include a clock for individual rounds. (ie have 3-5 rounds max. Or whatever number)
- Or use a General Timer. (ie Most Knockouts wins when the clock is finished)
- Include a mix of combat missions. (ie Have a regular mission where you ride / shoot, or do whatever... but the storyline ends with a 1v1 fight against another Outlaw/Bounty, like the fight against Micah in single player mode... and you can decide to kill him at the end, or spare him & turn him to the Sheriff.)

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Red Dead Online Beta Patch Notes General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One

• General stability improvements
  • Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse
  • Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’
  • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’
  • Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services
  • Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’

Last edited:

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

what do you use to record and upload your xbox clips?